Character Strategy: Sith Marauder

Replies

• Chonsp wrote: »
    No cooldown for special?

I believe it is 4 turns
  • Unexpected, but not unwelcome
  • Unexpected? Really? You haven't been paying attention then. The devs are boasting some major changes for this month. The expectations are lofty, to say the least. This is but a good start.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    TyloRen wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »
    Will be strong with Dooku in the team... or some whacky Gar Saxon led team

It's when the enemy attacks out of turn. So when facing Rebels, JRey w/ BB8, NS, Ewoks, Phasma FO...

Read it wrong at first... that’s far better honestly
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    As someone who runs a DN lead, I just don't see where he fits in under this leadership. It seems that he will be mediocre under all Sith leads except Vader, where the DoTs stick. I just don't see how he will be useful for DN lead or Zaul. Maybe for Palp lead however?

Sith desperately needs another taunter (hence the reason they use GK in the vids), so hopefully that is coming!
  • The Sith have (re)joined the META with this release. We are an auto taunting tank away from a full DS META.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    As someone who runs a DN lead, I just don't see where he fits in under this leadership. It seems that he will be mediocre under all Sith leads except Vader, where the DoTs stick. I just don't see how he will be useful for DN lead or Zaul. Maybe for Palp lead however?

Sith desperately needs another taunter (hence the reason they use GK in the vids), so hopefully that is coming!

Palpatine or Vader can have a mixed sith/empire team that this character fits in with. There's a lot of empire characters with mass debuffs that can work with this.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    I'm skeptical this will be good paired with Wampa, who has AOE daze, which shuts down counters and assists

However, it will be awsome in DS TB with all those chain assists.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »

Palpatine or Vader can have a mixed sith/empire team that this character fits in with. There's a lot of empire characters with mass debuffs that can work with this.

Exactly. Definitely a cool character I will be farming, but just doesn't synergize with "classic" Sith teams as well. Though if you take the team in the GIF and replace Maul with Sith Trooper, you might have something... (Palp L, Vader, Marauder, Nihilus, SiT)

EDIT: I should say I'm talking about PvP...obviously Marauder has raid and TB benefits as well!
  • aaaa wrote: »
    Unexpected, but not unwelcome

Why would anyone hate anything darkside after how many months of lightside? (1, 2, 3,... I need more fingers...)
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Nice... If Darth Malgus comes out this will be insane
  • Almond1617
    115 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Before February:
    rebel-symbol.jpg

After February:
    6478280.jpg
  • Will stackable (non-health regen) buffs ever be a thing? For example, will we be able to pair his Potency Up with Tarkin's Potency up for multiple stacks? Do unique buffs count (such as CLS' Call to Action)? Do multiple buffs of the same kind count (i.e. would 5 Heal Over Time Buffs on Chirrut count as 1 buff since they are all H.o.T. buffs or 5 buffs)?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce the target's Max Health by 15% until end of the encounter (not resistible).

So I wonder if/how this Stacks?

2 crits
    Do they have max health reduced by 30%
    New Max Health = Max health * 0.70
    14000 = 20000 * 0.70

or does it reduce the max health that was previously reduced 15%
    New Max health = (Max health * 0.85) * 0.85
    144450 = (20000 * 0.85) * 0.85
  • One more Question here.
    What if a character does his assist during his turn? Cody's 2nd Special calls all Clones(including himself) for assist, and RJT's Special calling BB-8(Zeta on RollPunch) can result in RJT be called for assist.
  • One more Question here.
    What if a character does his assist during his turn? Cody's 2nd Special calls all Clones(including himself) for assist, and RJT's Special calling BB-8(Zeta on RollPunch) can result in RJT be called for assist.

then SM gains TM, in one of the beta footage against ewoks, when CC used his mass assist SM gained full TM.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Might be fun under a Gar Saxon lead, just for giggles. Seems like he is a DS plug n play character that could fit on a few teams.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Might be fun under a Gar Saxon lead, just for giggles. Seems like he is a DS plug n play character that could fit on a few teams.

It sounds like he'd be better AGAINST a Gar Saxon lead team.
  • Don't think CLS rebels needed another nail in their coffin, but this certainly superglues it shut and pours about 6ft of concrete on top.
  • WorldOfEpic
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Remember in KOTOR when you have to recite the sith code to the sith master on Koriban? The names of his abilities and all part of the sith code.
  • This is one of the most incredible darkside additions I’ve seen since Nihilus! Bravo! Talk about some serious creative game design!
  • Decent balanced character. Not over or under powered. Not a game changer by any means but he looks straight up BA! Can’t wait to add him to my Sith collection!
  • @CG_Kozispoon does victory through power stack (add), compound, or is it unique (once)?
  • Strategy guide: "Sith Marauder has +5% Defense, +5% Health Steal and +5% Tenacity for each buff on all characters". But in game the ability reads as "Sith Marauder has +10% Defense, +10% Health Steal and +10% Tenacity for each buff on all characters". Which is it?
  • Strategy guide: "Sith Marauder has +5% Defense, +5% Health Steal and +5% Tenacity for each buff on all characters". But in game the ability reads as "Sith Marauder has +10% Defense, +10% Health Steal and +10% Tenacity for each buff on all characters". Which is it?

Kozi just confirmed in another thread that the in game values are correct
  • Ljaat wrote: »
    Strategy guide: "Sith Marauder has +5% Defense, +5% Health Steal and +5% Tenacity for each buff on all characters". But in game the ability reads as "Sith Marauder has +10% Defense, +10% Health Steal and +10% Tenacity for each buff on all characters". Which is it?

Kozi just confirmed in another thread that the in game values are correct

That makes him a little better. I’m still not necessarily wowed by him though. I think his ability to resist debuffs with all that tenacity will be very nice. Unfortunately there are so many unresistable debuffs out there it kind of makes tenacity a joke. I hate that they took that path.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    ooooh, they gave him the same armor set i gave my warrior in TOR, now i HAVE to use him...
  • Does the health steal he gets from buffs add to the health steal from a Nihilus lead? That could be amazing. Except his special would never be a crit. Hmm.
  • Gjarboni wrote: »
    Does the health steal he gets from buffs add to the health steal from a Nihilus lead? That could be amazing. Except his special would never be a crit. Hmm.

Yes, at least it should.
  • I love his throw animation! Great work! Love it!