Content Update 2/7/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• I forgot about bb8, but this makes the sith rework utter and complete garbage against the arena meta unless u plan on using Tarkin or Maul as leader, or u can push vaders speed up to 250 or so base. . Because bb8 will still go first and use secret intel, R2 uses smokescreen , and then ur stuck hitting GK until old ben taunts. Unless someone sees something I'm missing here
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    Vaders basic didn’t get the rebel bonus. Still only says Jedi. @CG_Kozispoon Just a FYI, not a complaint.

Seems the ability is working as intended (per the rework), but the Ability messaging wasn't updated. Apologies! Shuttling this up to the team now.

I saw others post about the basic and just tried it out against Rebels. Vader's Basic did not automatically give them ability lock upon hitting them.

It's only an 80% chance of triggering. It's just not resistible if that 80% triggers.

and this will be the question repeated over and over once again. Seem many just ignore the 80% chance part.
  • Thank you for the explanation.
  • Antmanndie wrote: »
    I forgot about bb8, but this makes the sith rework utter and complete garbage against the arena meta unless u plan on using Tarkin or Maul as leader, or u can push vaders speed up to 250 or so base. . Because bb8 will still go first and use secret intel, R2 uses smokescreen , and then ur stuck hitting GK until old ben taunts. Unless someone sees something I'm missing here

Im tearing thru nightsisters with vader lead,i only had 1 zeta and put it on EP unique,raid han still a pain still.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    scuba wrote: »
    CG_Kozispoon -- is the 18th the correct date for the Palpatine Mythic? I thought they were supposed to run during the legendary?
    They normally run after/end of the associated legendary event so people have a chance to get the 7* legendary character to also be able to run it.

Per cap
    You need to complete Tier 7 of the Legendary event for the Mythic to become visible

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1383581/#Comment_1383581

another post cap said mythic's would run on weekends
    Yeah but both mythics we had so far ran on the weekend while the legendary was running.
  • scuba wrote: »
    CG_Kozispoon -- is the 18th the correct date for the Palpatine Mythic? I thought they were supposed to run during the legendary?
    They normally run after/end of the associated legendary event so people have a chance to get the 7* legendary character to also be able to run it.

Per cap
    You need to complete Tier 7 of the Legendary event for the Mythic to become visible

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1383581/#Comment_1383581

another post cap said mythic's would run on weekends

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147644/content-update-12-6-2017#latest

According to the post announcing them:
    Mythic Events will run over the weekend during which the Legendary is live.
  • To be honest (at least in paper) their reworks seemed to be very good against CLS teams and nightsisters, NOT JTR teams.
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Not by tomorrow, but if you're running a CLS team then yeah, you're going to want to get that fixed. He's probably going to be out of the meta by the end of next week. But--by no means are these new toons/reworks meta. They're more NS quality, they destroy the meta.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • unfortunately there are no nightsisters really at the top of my arena. its all JTR BB8 R2 GK OB . And the rework has done absolutely nothing to change that
  • Not by tomorrow, but if you're running a CLS team then yeah, you're going to want to get that fixed. He's probably going to be out of the meta by the end of next week. But--by no means are these new toons/reworks meta. They're more NS quality, they destroy the meta.

They destroy the old meta. JTR reigns supreme.
  • In the guild store Dengar and Starck used to share a spot, but right now they are both in my store in different than usual spots. What exactly happened?
  • They gave starck a dedicated spot just for himself.

That's pretty sweet! Thanks for the quick reply.
  • With the new abilities for EP and Vader, it will be interesting to see how the meta shifts. It’s evident that the game is becoming much more a Rock Paper Scissors type of arena(which I believe is/was the goal of CG). JTR>Vader>CLS>Nightsisters>JTR. Of course there are always variations that don’t make this always true but thats the gist of what’s happening to arena. It will be difficult to hold any spots. I personally like this new mixed meta. I think this is the most variety we have ever seen in the meta. Do you find this mix to be enjoyable or frustrating? Does it frustrate you how defense is so difficult?

Cheers to a great SWGOH community!
  • Ok would be great if Vader actually worked as they advertised. Just got owned by Raid Han and CLS because, wait for it, turn metre reduction!!!

That is meant to be the point of the zeta.

This was the most exciting development in the game for me for a longtime.

Ruined by being released with bugs, and also the ditching Vader into pay to play category

Very sad, I really like this game, but this is not how things should be, just my opinion

Maybe I'll be able to help us get probe Droid now .:P
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Another Marquee event....really? Sorry but that kills the excitement for marauder 100% for me and other FTP....can we actually get them just released to a farmable spot for once?

Colonel starck, hermit Yoda, wampa, hoth han and technically hoth Leia and IPD all became farmable on release.
    They have to make money somehow. You should be grateful that they give us these characters for free on release. 3* or not. Before marquees we got nothing

Edit: I'm F2P as well just not greedy like you

Lmao ok let me stop you right there for a second. First off, Hoda and Wampa are not farmable by standard terms. You need several TB’s and a high powered guild to get them. So try again.

IDP and ROLO are not farmable. You need special events in a TB to do so, IDP’s being near impossible without Zeers. So try again.

CHS is on an end game Cantina node that requires 16 energy. By definition, farmable, but a long hard farm.

Only today does Starck get a guaranteed slot in guild store, but out of the group the most farmable of them all. Good job!

But with recent characters like the vets, KRU, SFTFP, Rose, Holdo, and now Maurader all being pushed in marquee events requiring a long wait to use before being available to buy in chromiums and crystal shipments, and THEN finally a farmable spot 4-6 months after the event.

So no, it’s not greed, it’s a reasonable expectation for a character to be released once in awhile in a farmable location off the bat to appease F2P players. And no, not Pao. But hey I guess I’m just crazy.
  • Straight up it is time for some new too so in gw arena and cantina shops. It's time. Seriously
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Antmanndie wrote: »
    His speed boost isn't working. I have him at 231, running EP Dooku Thrawn and GK against JTR OB GK R2 and BB8 . BB speed is 278 R2 is 260, My dooku is 268 . It went BB8 R2 Vader Dooku

You're forgetting the bonus TM BB-8 and droids get at the start because of him... It's 8% TM per droid for them both, so 16% TM start...

edit: mb didn't see someone responded
  • DaGhost141 wrote: »
    With the new abilities for EP and Vader, it will be interesting to see how the meta shifts. It’s evident that the game is becoming much more a Rock Paper Scissors type of arena(which I believe is/was the goal of CG). JTR>Vader>CLS>Nightsisters>JTR. Of course there are always variations that don’t make this always true but thats the gist of what’s happening to arena. It will be difficult to hold any spots. I personally like this new mixed meta. I think this is the most variety we have ever seen in the meta. Do you find this mix to be enjoyable or frustrating? Does it frustrate you how defense is so difficult?

Cheers to a great SWGOH community!

Ever changing paper, scissors, rock is how it should be. There doesn’t need to be a supreme team that owns the meta for good. There should always be a counter to make the top payouts fluid and truly competitive.
  • I don’t think the speed from Vader’s unique is adding correctly. Can a dev check on this?
  • Anyone else notice the mod filter now shows level 6 and level 7 mods. It now pops up when you sell mods. Check it out.
  • Anyone else notice the mod filter now shows level 6 and level 7 mods. It now pops up when you sell mods. Check it out.

That has always been the case

• KuuRamaa
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @CG_Kozispoon -- There is a translation problem in the French version of Vader's new passive : if I translate it back in English it reads : "at the start of each encounter DV gets a speed bonus of 8 (...) for every Empire, Sith, Jedi and Rebel allies." (= "Pour chaque allié de l'Empire, Sith, Jedi et Rebelle").
    Shouldn't it be "Empire & Sith allies + Jedi & Rebel enemies ?" (="Pour chaque allié Sith ou de l'Empire et chaque ennemi Rebelle ou Jedi")

(Don't know if it affects the mechanics, though)
  • NOTICE
    In our in-game "Powers of the Darkside" Newsletter it mentions that the reworked Darth Vader gains protection up when this is not the case. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. This is strictly a textual error which our team is working to correct today.

Content update notes say, Palpatine Mythic event begins at 18th but in the game it says it will begin in 2 days.
  • really need the 80 shard stormtrooper han bundle in the store
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Palpatine mytic Event shows 2 Days Later(1D ~20hrs) in Game. but in update log it says : Date the event begins: February 18th

am i missing something

PS: apologize it's been already asked :/
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The rework is great, marauder looks simple but efficient and the shard changes speeding up ROLO and probe and letting us farm Starck reliably are a cherry on top. And a new mythic event. This update is pure awesomeness.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Vaders basic didn’t get the rebel bonus. Still only says Jedi. @CG_Kozispoon Just a FYI, not a complaint.

Seems the ability is working as intended (per the rework), but the Ability messaging wasn't updated. Apologies! Shuttling this up to the team now.

I saw others post about the basic and just tried it out against Rebels. Vader's Basic did not automatically give them ability lock upon hitting them.

I just used Vader in Galactic War against a K2 fully buffed with tenacity up. It did correctly apply the ability block. The ability is working, the text hasn’t been updated.

Remember it’s only an 80% chance not gauranteed.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • @CG_Kozispoon

Was Baze Malbus removed from the Guild Events Store or not and if so can you only farm him at the Shipments for Crystals and on his Hard Battle 9C Node or is their somewhere else? Also is he ever gonna come back or did he get replaced by someone else? Also if it was answered already could you please provide a link with a DEV Announcement please?