Palp and Vader Rework

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    thomssi wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    honestly though, the zeta on vader's unique adds very little. Immune to TMR and recovers a bit of health when DoTs expire, nothing to write home about and certainly not a gamechanger for arena.
    I feel like anyone who equiped that zeta and regrets it has only him/herself to blame.
    honestly though, the zeta on vader's unique adds very little. Immune to TMR and recovers a bit of health when DoTs expire, nothing to write home about and certainly not a gamechanger for arena.
    I feel like anyone who equiped that zeta and regrets it has only him/herself to blame.

I haven't got zeta yet but bear in mind he puts 3 DoTs on everyone and so do some of his potential allies. With zeta they reset and he gets them again. So while the headling number is 5% in reality he will be getting that a lot or much more than it implies.
    I know how it works, i just don't consider the zeta gamechanging at all. Not sure why anyone would, specially if you're short on zeta's.
    If it turns out you're happy with your vader team you can still put a zeta on that ability to make your team just a bit better, but it's not gonna make or break his arena viability. If he isn't viable without the zeta, he isn't viable with the zeta either.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Healing immunity surely cripples half of DV unique zeta? Quite a big outlay to just become immune to tm reduction which from some reports on here isn't working as intended.

I personally have nowhere near enough zeta mats to band about as I like so will give it some time before making my mind up about them.
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    You guys are doing it wrong. I can beat any squad now.

Screenshot_20180208_010732.png
  • I just don't understand why EP's shock refresh had to be nerfed for "balance issues". Why would it be so OP for him to get a little extra max protection?
  • Macattack9 wrote: »
    I just don't understand why EP's shock refresh had to be nerfed for "balance issues". Why would it be so OP for him to get a little extra max protection?

I can basically keep a whole group stun locked spread shock around and kill them before they can do anything. Might have something to do with that.

I just don't understand why EP's shock refresh had to be nerfed for "balance issues". Why would it be so OP for him to get a little extra max protection?

Cause he's dark side. Balance becomes so critical for DS units. Heck...his basic should regen 5% protection as well as 5% max for a zeta if they were going to nerf the refresh.
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    You guys are doing it wrong.

VvGRpil.jpg

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    posting images is harder than winning with reworked palp/vader isn't it @LastBucsfan xD
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

VvGRpil.jpg

Is it workable without a taunter? EP still seems pretty fragile, even after the prot boost. I was thinking about SiT instead of Savage for that purpose. On the other hand, Savage is as close to a Sith cleanser as we get now...

I can basically keep a whole group stun locked spread shock around and kill them before they can do anything. Might have something to do with that.

Ok I mean that's great, but does that depend somehow on the shock refresh? I am honestly curious if there is a truly good reason for the nerf.

I'm not hating on the reworks btw. I love my suddenly super fast Vader. And I'm glad that you're doing so well in arena!
  • Nauros wrote: »

VvGRpil.jpg

Is it workable without a taunter? EP still seems pretty fragile, even after the prot boost. I was thinking about SiT instead of Savage for that purpose. On the other hand, Savage is as close to a Sith cleanser as we get now...

I tried Sith Trooper... he sucks. Honestly on offense if done right you don't even need a taunter. Even against JTR in comes Force Crush... clears foresight then you get hit with EPs AOE stun and DN drain. Then spread shock and ability block all around. You basically gain TM non-stop and kill off the most of your opponent before they can do anything.

Defense still has an obvious problem here against RH.

Ok I mean that's great, but does that depend somehow on the shock refresh? I am honestly curious if there is a truly good reason for the nerf.

I'm not hating on the reworks btw. I love my suddenly super fast Vader. And I'm glad that you're doing so well in arena!

What exactly did they nerf again?

I forgot too but it probably has something to do with spreading shock around gives EP even more TM. I start putting shock on different toons and EP literally just keeps going lol. Like the old Chirpateen method on HAAT.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Macattack9 wrote: »
    Macattack9 wrote: »

Shocked enemies are stunned for 2 turns.

I wonder if a dooku would be viable in a Palpatine team now.
  • Let the Hate Flow used to refresh shock on everyone currently shocked. No longer does it.

How are you getting so much TM? I mean I understand on the first shock you get 35% TM, on the second 50%, etc. But still, the other team should be getting turns...
  • leef wrote: »
    posting images is harder than winning with reworked palp/vader isn't it @LastBucsfan xD

Apparently lol
  • What sucks the worst is the palp u ique zeta in necessary to make him viable for anything. A simple stat tuning to give the guy more protection would have been better.

Vader unique is a waste of a zeta BUT it's very very good without it that might be the best part of this rework
  • Already so many whine threads because some people threw together some half **** undergeared/modded/zeta squads against a maxed out JTR team and lost a couple times.

Dudes the first of the updates literally just hit, wait to see what's coming and give everyone time to test out different comps before hitting the QQ button. Chances are high that another character is being launched this month and that characters kit probably goes hand in hand with the reworks/marauders
  • Already so many whine threads because some people threw together some half **** undergeared/modded/zeta squads against a maxed out JTR team and lost a couple times.

Dudes the first of the updates literally just hit, wait to see what's coming and give everyone time to test out different comps before hitting the QQ button. Chances are high that another character is being launched this month and that characters kit probably goes hand in hand with the reworks/marauders

Malgus will be the new Sith version of Kenobi ,
    Will be the reward in a new raid (shards like AAT raid)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • I have to say this and I hope I’m wrong....this game is called Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes...no additional Kotor Legends, or Rebels, or any other era defining tag.

That being said to have DARTH VADER not be end game arena viable insulting to say the least.
  • Nice. That's encouraging.

Sidenote: Vader's basic doesn't appear do have updated. Mine is still only reading Jedi. Rebels is missing.
  • Like the old Chirpateen method on HAAT.
    Which should now be no more, right?
  • You guys are doing it wrong.

VvGRpil.jpg

oh yes. the 1.4M gp guy came to brag and tell us we doing it wrong.
    Im #1 at ships and arena for 6 months in a row. i just probably doing it wrong with the reworked toons.
    you cant even brag good. i'd hide the GP so we wouldn't know vs which kind of players you are playing against.
  • ewqewqc wrote: »

VvGRpil.jpg

Im #1 at ships and arena for 6 months in a row. i just probably doing it wrong with the reworked toons.
    you cant even brag good. i'd hide the GP so we wouldn't know vs which kind of players you are playing against.

Well technically he's fighting competition on his level, just like you and I (I assume you're on a launch shard like myself). You have sort of a valid point but given his team make up, players like you and I can probably just add more speed and test it out.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    ewqewqc wrote: »

VvGRpil.jpg

Well technically he's fighting competition on his level, just like you and I (I assume you're on a launch shard like myself). You have sort of a valid point but given his team make up, players like you and I can probably just add more speed and test it out.

Why do you assume he's fighting competition on his level, or assume that other guy is on a launch shard?
  • leef wrote: »

VvGRpil.jpg

Why do you assume he's fighting competition on his level, or assume that other guy is on a launch shard?

Because that's how shards work.

Because the guy's attitude towards the guys with "small" character GP warranted the educated guess. I assume he has at least double the GP and usually to have that you have to have been playing a long time. OR you spend $1000s on this game, but then your critique of someone's gameplay is moot.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

VvGRpil.jpg

Because that's how shards work.

Because the guy's attitude towards the guys with "small" character GP warranted the educated guess. I assume he has at least double the GP and usually to have that you have to have been playing a long time. OR you spend $1000s on this game, but then your critique of someone's gameplay is moot.

There are 2 players with ~1.5m GP in my top50, 2y old leaderboard. I reckon average GP is about 2.5mil though.
    As for that other guy's GP, i believe he's just angry. ;)
  • This thread must be full of the same people who thought RJT needed to be buffed.
  • ewqewqc wrote: »

VvGRpil.jpg

Well, he also posted a video of him beating a pretty typically meta JTR team. So his low GP might be an outlier in a decently typical arena shard.