Bugs and Issues feedback

2Next

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Good thoughts, @StarSon. Right now, when I click on "Bugs and Issues" on the right side-bar, it gives me "Reports" and "Technical Issues" which when clicked, take you straight to the SWGoH section of Answers HQ. If you click archive and read the Announcement or "sticky", there are links there as well. Do you have a suggestion for an additional location?

@ShaolinPunk Actually, I hadn't realized that was available now. I assume it was part of the recent changes? It is definitely a nice addition.

I would suggest taking it a step further, and putting a link at the top bar, so that on desktop there is a link with "Home, Discussion, Best Of..."; and on mobile put a direct link in the pop out menu.

I also share many of the concerns of AnnerDoon, though. A lot of times someone posts "found bug in arena" but it's really just that they don't understand the game mechanics at play. Assuming they continue to pay attention to that thread, that misunderstanding is only being reinforced by it being immediately closed and the poster being told to post it on the other site. Also, as mentioned, the other site is a terrible format for discussion, so I do not think directing them there even when they're wrong is helpful.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    StarSon wrote: »
    Good thoughts, @StarSon. Right now, when I click on "Bugs and Issues" on the right side-bar, it gives me "Reports" and "Technical Issues" which when clicked, take you straight to the SWGoH section of Answers HQ. If you click archive and read the Announcement or "sticky", there are links there as well. Do you have a suggestion for an additional location?

ShaolinPunk Actually, I hadn't realized that was available now. I assume it was part of the recent changes? It is definitely a nice addition.

I would suggest taking it a step further, and putting a link at the top bar, so that on desktop there is a link with "Home, Discussion, Best Of..."; and on mobile put a direct link in the pop out menu.

I also share many of the concerns of AnnerDoon, though. A lot of times someone posts "found bug in arena" but it's really just that they don't understand the game mechanics at play. Assuming they continue to pay attention to that thread, that misunderstanding is only being reinforced by it being immediately closed and the poster being told to post it on the other site. Also, as mentioned, the other site is a terrible format for discussion, so I do not think directing them there even when they're wrong is helpful.

The forum staff know all too well the misunderstandings when it comes to game mechanics. We as a group discuss these before moving if we think it could be just a misunderstanding, and will post accordingly when we can clarify right then and there.

Keeping posts open here runs the other risk of everyone thinking it's a misunderstanding of the mechanics when it is a bug. It goes both ways.

The problem is the longer it's here (if it is, in fact, a bug), the longer it's not there and not getting the attention it deserves.

Any help or suggestions to make it better from here is much appreciated, but this is the starting point we have to work from.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • I would really love to hear from @CG_Kozispoon on this instead of from someone that's said they're just doing what they're told and they don't have any power to change anything. Hearing the same false arguments for killing bug threads over and over isn't progressing the conversation at all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I would really love to hear from @CG_Kozispoon on this instead of from someone that's said they're just doing what they're told and they don't have any power to change anything. Hearing the same false arguments for killing bug threads over and over isn't progressing the conversation at all.

We do have the power to take feedback and work in the system we are given, which is why I have asked you repeatedly to try and provide feedback about the current system to see if you can help us meet some middle ground that helps everyone.
  • @Kyno
    Your argument that posts here = less posts there; or that someone posting here is one less post there is provably false.

I have started threads where I said " I posted to answers HQ but wanted to inform anyone about ____". Thread is closed immediately.

That is not one less answers HQ report. And in fact I got more "likes" here than I got "me too"s there.

Almost every actual bug that is reported on answers HQ is by someone who posted there first, THEN here.

I have yet to find a bug report with more than 3 "me too"s that was posted on Answers HQ AFTER being posted here, or AFTER their thread was closed here.

Closing bug discussion threads discourages people from reporting. It does not encourage people from reporting.

You are being very disengenuine By saying answers HQ is the same as here, and just as conducive to discussion as the forums. A) you cannot tag anyone, b) you cannot link to video proof or upload images unless you are the OP, c) the search function does not work at all, I have trouble finding bugs I reported much less other ones I am experiencing d) you can only browse 1 bug at a time on mobile, e) "me too" ing does not bump the bug f) you have to have a separate account to post on ea answers g) one only goes there to post or comment on a bug, so a player not encountering a bug cannot participate in discussion or see bugs unless they happen to go there. (Whereas on main forums someone trying to see "the latest" by checking recent discussions can see topics including current bugs being discussed if they were allowed)

Something I have found similar is someone will close your bug as "resolved" without resolving it just as quickly as someone will close your thread here if you mention the word "bug"

@CG_Kozispoon
    The Easiest solution would be for a mod to ,instead of closing a post, edit at the top of the post ** this bug has been reported here (insert link) , click "me too" if you are having the same issue**
    And if it hasn't been posted there yet, either suspend the post until the OP posts in answers HQ or have the mod post the bug like you did when answers HQ first started
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • @Kyno

Furthermore, by having the community filter out what are actual bugs and what are not, it is less work for the developers to sift through on answers HQ and more bugs should get fixed than if every player posted on answers HQ everytime they thought there was a bug

i.e. Players don't understand how enemy abilities work, players didn't read abilities fully, players don't have enough data, players misremember

Do you tell everyone who posts about the credit heist being past due to post on answers HQ? No, because you know it isn't a bug. Does the thread get closed? No, because you know it isn't a bug

Why isn't the community allowed to also discuss what could and could not be a bug?

Why then does a post about a legitimate bug, that had been posted to answers HQ already, get closed and they are told to post to answers HQ?

Also, by encouraging everyone to post on answers HQ you are contributing to the clutter that is answers HQ every active bug including the "hot topic" ones have multiple reports, with vastly different "me too" counts. This can't be conducive for developers to sift through, or for investigation of the bug to have nearly as many separate bug reports as there are "me too"'s on the top bug report for that topic.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Answers HQ is the appropriate and fastest/best way to report a bug. The staff quickly figure out whether there is a bug or need for clarification to any confused players.
    OP got an answer from Dev Staff, and I've noted feedback from this thread asking for a few more links in some new places and thoughts for and against. Outside of that, this discussion has reached it's destination, and will be closed. Thanks for you input, fellow heroes.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Kyno
    Your argument that posts here = less posts there; or that someone posting here is one less post there is provably false.

I have started threads where I said " I posted to answers HQ but wanted to inform anyone about ____". Thread is closed immediately.

That is not one less answers HQ report. And in fact I got more "likes" here than I got "me too"s there.

The point is not about the people who open the bug report, it is about the people who follow. We can agree to disagree.

I'm not sure who you would need to tag, but i have never tried.

Here is a post not the OP with a pic in it.
    21g2eidababn.png
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SWGOH-Marquee-event-shard-discrepancy/td-p/6599177

Search seems to work ok for me.
    sx40x4ui3xhb.png

I do a lot on mobile, from modding and running over there, but I guess I am in full site version. I dont have any issues moving around, and the listing looks similar to this site in full site mode on mobile. not the best i will give you that.

yes you do need a seperate account.

I'm not sure the point of talking about a bug and issue if you are not experiencing it. why would a new player need to be involved in the conversation if they have not experienced it and be looking for that information. if they are looking for it and they search it on the forum, then they would see the link, or be directed there if they posted about it.

@FierceRevan

like i said, I am trying to work to a better situation within the constraints I have.

The discussion happening there highlights the problem. Leaving it open here detracts from that goal. The current goal is to just make sure there is a lot more visibility here so people will not think things are "always buried".

This discussion has been closed.