Palp and Vader Rework

Replies

• He was running Zaul before that, that's all you need to know about that shard lol
  • "oh yes. the 1.4M gp guy came to brag and tell us we doing it wrong."

This is so obscenely irrelevant.
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    "oh yes. the 1.4M gp guy came to brag and tell us we doing it wrong."

You are doing it Wrong. The squad should be EP DV Thrawn Wampa and 5th with many good candidates
  • Already so many whine threads because some people threw together some half **** undergeared/modded/zeta squads against a maxed out JTR team and lost a couple times.

Dudes the first of the updates literally just hit, wait to see what's coming and give everyone time to test out different comps before hitting the QQ button. Chances are high that another character is being launched this month and that characters kit probably goes hand in hand with the reworks/marauders

Lol all the normies don't even know this is a ploy to make every spend for IPD and Wampa.

"Why isn't my zader lead working" lol
    "I put in Sithtrooper and I still cant win" lol
  • ewqewqc wrote: »
    You guys are doing it wrong.

VvGRpil.jpg

oh yes. the 1.4M gp guy came to brag and tell us we doing it wrong.
    Im #1 at ships and arena for 6 months in a row. i just probably doing it wrong with the reworked toons.
    you cant even brag good. i'd hide the GP so we wouldn't know vs which kind of players you are playing against.

Too bad gp doesn’t affect arena team. Probably didn’t waste currency leveling useless characters
  • Too bad GP doesn't reflect IQ
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    "oh yes. the 1.4M gp guy came to brag and tell us we doing it wrong."

I'd much rather be a 1.4mil GP with top 5 in arena than a 3.1mil GP with 200 or below arena rank
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • @DasMurich

Ps , I'd also rather have his 1.4 million GP and rank 3

Than your 1.6 Million GP and rank 10

He also gets extra points for not using the cheesy nightsisters

That's low brow stuff
  • Already so many whine threads because some people threw together some half **** undergeared/modded/zeta squads against a maxed out JTR team and lost a couple times.

Dudes the first of the updates literally just hit, wait to see what's coming and give everyone time to test out different comps before hitting the QQ button. Chances are high that another character is being launched this month and that characters kit probably goes hand in hand with the reworks/marauders

Malgus will be the new Sith version of Kenobi ,
    Will be the reward in a new raid (shards like AAT raid)

Called it

Malgus will be the new Sith version of Kenobi ,
    Will be the reward in a new raid (shards like AAT raid)

Called it

How have you called it? I see no Malgus announcement, just a Sith Raid.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • prime311
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @DasMurich

Ps , I'd also rather have his 1.4 million GP and rank 3

Than your 1.6 Million GP and rank 10

He also gets extra points for not using the cheesy nightsisters

That's low brow stuff

The point is, someone with gp that low probably plays on a newer shard with other players that have less developed rosters and thus is not going against the same level of competition that people on older shards, with more developed rosters, face. It is wrong, and very naive, to assume that older players are simply "doing it wrong" when the more likely reason is that the rework is simply less effective against the top tier teams.
  • These reworks are a massive disappointment for me. I don't care if they're probably going to add some new awesome ds toons that will tie everything all together, Vader and palpatine should be awesome on their own. I was expecting far more out of this, for example, all of vaders attacks are very basic. One could say that he is adding to the empires kits, but Vader wasn't like the rest of the empire, he was an unstoppable force, kind of like what Luke is now. But no amount of speed or tm resistance will fix the abysmality of his abilities, no matter how many times he attacks. After all, 0 times any number is still 0. Same for the emperor. The new and improved Vader and palpatine are already outdated a day after their release, and are unnecessary counters to an already dying meta. It's not to late though. These guys don't have to be the new mace windus. Focus on improving what we have, then add all this crazy new stuff that's probably going to render all these reworks completely obsolete by the end of the month. And please no one use some dumb TLJ quote to counter everything I said.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    These reworks are a massive disappointment for me. I don't care if they're probably going to add some new awesome ds toons that will tie everything all together, Vader and palpatine should be awesome on their own. I was expecting far more out of this, for example, all of vaders attacks are very basic. One could say that he is adding to the empires kits, but Vader wasn't like the rest of the empire, he was an unstoppable force, kind of like what Luke is now. But no amount of speed or tm resistance will fix the abysmality of his abilities, no matter how many times he attacks. After all, 0 times any number is still 0. Same for the emperor. The new and improved Vader and palpatine are already outdated a day after their release, and are unnecessary counters to an already dying meta. It's not to late though. These guys don't have to be the new mace windus. Focus on improving what we have, then add all this crazy new stuff that's probably going to render all these reworks completely obsolete by the end of the month. And please no one use some dumb TLJ quote to counter everything I said.

How can you not see potential in 300 plus speed vader laying 20 debuffs that will give you 5 percent tm each mixed with EP, who is now fast enough to keep the other squad either eternally shocked or eternally stunned? All for the price of 1 zeta.
  • Apologies if this has been addressed already. Can someone please explain to me what the zeta unique of vader means when it says "immune to TMR"? I've tested him in several arena battles where both Jedi Training Rey mind tricks and Raid Han basic are able to remove turn meter. This was part of the draw for me to go for the zeta and after seeing that I'm having buyer's remorse if this is WAI.
  • Hot fixes will come out for things not working correctly. Jeeeeez.
  • Does anything think this will replace zMaul squads? If so, where will the daze come from?
  • The zetas so far are terrible, I can't even see the turnmeter gain I'm not sure it's working properly. For 2 of the most iconic toons they are still very lackluster.
  • Palps still waaaay to squishy to compete with cls or Jedi rey teams
  • I find the most reliable complation (in defence) is: zzthrawn lead, zzvader, zzpalp, shore, storm.

It's not really great (the rewok), bcause zzvader n zzpalp position can replace with DT/krennic/tarkin/veers, and they still rockin'.

But it decimate zeta lead by vader and palp. Like mediocre lead :flushed:
  • Palpatine basic doesn’t even do damage to Jedi and rebels like it used to. It’s almost like they nerfed him with the rework.
  • @Sev112
    Good to know you're doing well, how far you dropped overnight?
  • I have tried a ton of different combos of Palps, Krennic, Thrawn and Vader leads. All were very disappointing at top end arena. At the end of the day speed is king. I decided to try a pure speed Empire team. Very promising! https://youtu.be/j-QMFpoQEyk
  • I don’t know what everyone is going on about.

Both mobile gamer and anhald were incorrect when they hasitly judged the reworks.

I’ve been in communication with plenty of people in the community all over different shards and there are quite a few line ups that do quite well.

Any combo of 2 tanks listed below
    Palp L
    Vader
    Shore/GK/Sith trooper/storm
    Thrawn

Where as the most popular ones are the above line up with the tank combo of storm and GK or shore and GK

Then there’s this squad that myself and a few others have been catching on with. Now anhald and mobile gamer both sat there and said they struggle against JTR on offense and they are horrible defensively which they are wrong on both accounts.

I’m currently running the following
    Palp L +118 speed (speed/prot)
    Thrawn +94 speed
    GK +76 speed
    Vader +95 speed (CD/CC)
    DN +110 speed

I’ve literally auto any single team I’ve went up against other than NS which I can beat manually or full auto just simply by switching GK for Shore. I have video of me beating my shards best JTR team on full auto which btw happens to be the #4 player in all of swgoh Jina appa.

I have plenty of videos as well as others of the comps listed above showing successful defense attempts from shard mates. And yes shard mates have been reporting back that they struggle even with JTR and some can’t win at all.

Sometimes I just think people literally have no idea how to build teams
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    @Sev112
    Good to know you're doing well, how far you dropped overnight?

That's not me.
  • So basically, the "rework" for palpatine is adding 2 zeta and nerf one ability ...... I am very surprised they did nothing to his stats, or am i missing something?
  • I have tried a ton of different combos of Palps, Krennic, Thrawn and Vader leads. All were very disappointing at top end arena. At the end of the day speed is king. I decided to try a pure speed Empire team. Very promising! https://youtu.be/j-QMFpoQEyk

What kind of rank can you get with that?

You're brave running two very squishy toons!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I have tried a ton of different combos of Palps, Krennic, Thrawn and Vader leads. All were very disappointing at top end arena. At the end of the day speed is king. I decided to try a pure speed Empire team. Very promising! https://youtu.be/j-QMFpoQEyk

You're brave running two very squishy toons!

TFP and tarkin?
    palp with zeta unique has more base health + prot than tarkin
    Save water, drink champagne!