Road Ahead 2/8/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Kotor raid is sweet! Can't wait!
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    IronRanger wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the March events calendar is coming out? I need to know what to farm

It's the 8th of February...
    tumblr_m4ttcuMi511r0ycx6.gif

I’m with Kozi on this one. Must be some Jedi Scum. You guys are nuts. This is going to be the best month this game has seen yet!
  • Soooooo how are you going to kill a character who the only way to him was to convince him that he wanted to die because Sion literally lived off his own pain and he did not die until someone convinced him that was a terrible way to live why not die.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    jedi mind trick ;)
  • Ha Ha that is actually not a bad Idea.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The sith raid looks promising, new content is always welcome! And I'm glad the QoL notes are just a teaser, because most of those are either bug fixes (raid tickets) or minor improvements (defense wins in TWs and tie breakers).
    Simming GW and Heists is alright, but since they made GW easy, it's less than 10 minutes worth with troopers for me (mostly transitions), and heists have been a 2 minute auto affair for at least the past year.
    The real QoL offender, at least for me, is Arena payout times being at the busiest part of my day when I'm least able to play the game. And when I am able to do them at payout, fleet battles are decided in the first minute, followed by 6 minutes of running down the clock. Booooring. I'd be so happy if they switched to a "highest daily rank achieved" and ditched the arena battle timers - I could do all my arenas in <15mins each, instead of taking the better part of 2 hours watching timers go down.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Happy with what is promised.
    I really did not expect anything more than sith marauder tbh.
    Anyways..hope to see wicket/MT/zombie/spirit in a farmable location soon (for the record, i think MT is one of the most coolest toon ever released xd, oh and zombie, cause who doesnt like to kill zombies :wink: )
    Also, hope to see treya and sion available soon and if u can, please introduce nihilous in a more farmable location (its like he is an endgame farm, which he is not and he is very difficult to get in chromiums too)
    Finally, hope to see Revan HERO JOURNEY OR VILLIAN JOURNEY xd
  • @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie
    English : Can you tell us which character will be provided as a reward for this new heroic raid ? :)
    French : Pouvez-vous nous dire quel personnage sera prévu en récompense de ce nouveau raid héroïque ? :)
  • When will there be ship raids, or at least new ways to use ships. Also ship mods would be cool
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Second Qol update for this game and still no better mod management... Say it ain't so @CG_Kozispoon
  • IronRanger wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the March events calendar is coming out? I need to know what to farm

It's the 8th of February...
    tumblr_m4ttcuMi511r0ycx6.gif

Haha, I got a Kozi response! I was just kidding....had to do it just to make people laugh a bit!
  • kalidor wrote: »
    The real QoL offender, at least for me, is Arena payout times being at the busiest part of my day when I'm least able to play the game. And when I am able to do them at payout, fleet battles are decided in the first minute, followed by 6 minutes of running down the clock. Booooring. I'd be so happy if they switched to a "highest daily rank achieved" and ditched the arena battle timers - I could do all my arenas in <15mins each, instead of taking the better part of 2 hours watching timers go down.

Agreed on this! Then instead of holding the device in the hand for 3mins35seconds for the last hit, we can focus on other game modes.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member

**There are *more* fixes and improvements coming in the Quality of Life release, and those will be detailed *more fully* in the release notes.**

Ya'll.

Ya'll.

There's definitely more QoL coming.

Will it address our many suggestions, or legit complaints??

I have no fracking idea.

BUT,

What we got today is not everything we'll be getting, at least as far as QoL is concerned.

Chill out, and be happy.

THANK YOU DEVs and other staff/mods :) I for one am happy and super excited for all of these upcoming changes.

Just please, please, please, make MT farmable ASAP. Nightsisters are my main squad, and have been since pretty much day one for me(Dark Side ninja gals are *BADASS*), so I really wanna get MT up to 7* asap!! :)
  • I do wish they'd added something about unsuccessful attacks to TW tracking too.
  • I didn't get everything I wanted out of this update either - but then, how could anyone? We all want something, and you just can't give everyone everything no matter how hard you try. All in all, this is a really good update already, and I suspect the goodness isn't up yet.

So for me? This has been an awesome birthday! Thanks, gang.

One last note - at the rate they're adding Old Republic characters now they're going to have to get their own faction tag.
  • I really hope it isn't August, or Soon™
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I really hope it isn't August, or Soon™

Gamechangers are flying out to hq late February for something big. Maybe its gameplay of new raid and updates prior to release. Or maybe thats something different.
  • With all those new SIM options, they should either also have the possibility to drop SIM tickets like regular nodes (Simming Challenges dont yield any) So if this is going to a QOL that actually makes things easier either make tickets drop on any simmable location or remove that system of tickets all together. otherwise that QOL would be nice to have if I had any tickets
  • QoL? Where did you see a QoL? Being able to sim cred heist and droids as well as sim GW which doesn't take longer than 15 mins now, isn't exactly what QoL is meant to be.

We still have no word on Mod management, rancor placement, tank dropping challenge gear of which we have stacks of thousands, bronzium cards can't be opened in volume. The game still has tons of delay between simple actions.

I don't see this as QoL
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    QoL? Where did you see a QoL? Being able to sim cred heist and droids as well as sim GW which doesn't take longer than 15 mins now, isn't exactly what QoL is meant to be.

We still have no word on Mod management, rancor placement, tank dropping challenge gear of which we have stacks of thousands, bronzium cards can't be opened in volume. The game still has tons of delay between simple actions.

I don't see this as QoL

That's like saying a cow isn't an animal because you like all the other animals better than cows.
    Also, what's wrong with rancor placement?
    OT: I think we will have to wait a while for the update to go live. I'm guessing it's gonna be next month.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I didn't get everything I wanted out of this update either - but then, how could anyone? We all want something, and you just can't give everyone everything no matter how hard you try. All in all, this is a really good update already, and I suspect the goodness isn't up yet.

One last note - at the rate they're adding Old Republic characters now they're going to have to get their own faction tag.

No, they can't get everything that everyone wants, but they could at least do something about one of the three biggest problems with the game: arena payout times, mod management, and the need for a practice/training area. What i got from this is they think GW, in the laughable easy state it is in, is our free practice area and not a word about more QOL update to come. They expect us to ignore our families during dinner and watch a countdown timer for ten minutes for the rest of our lives.
  • I read a lot of complains about the upcoming QoL (I’m sure anyway that more is to come) but ALL this in a month is really good news and there are still so many days until March. I’ve never been so excited to play the game since I started!
    Ok,we all know about the mods management problem but I think there are other tools outside the game to keep track of mods. With all the times it takes to develop new things all the new content we are getting is huge so really thank you for this CG. Can’t wait for this new Sith Raid.
  • I'm waiting to know the full list of things changed for the QoL before casting a judgement.

What people have to understand is that QoL updates happen once a year, thus very infrequent, and therefore come with high expectations from the community. Don't be surprised if the sentiment is negative because something major such as bronzium slider or mod management are not part of the QoL update.
  • Stay tune!! :wink:
  • kalidor wrote: »
    The sith raid looks promising, new content is always welcome! And I'm glad the QoL notes are just a teaser, because most of those are either bug fixes (raid tickets) or minor improvements (defense wins in TWs and tie breakers).
    Simming GW and Heists is alright, but since they made GW easy, it's less than 10 minutes worth with troopers for me (mostly transitions), and heists have been a 2 minute auto affair for at least the past year.

Agreed. Options are our friends. I’m lucky I have a 2 hour window to move around in arena. Fleet no way. 6pm-7pm I’m in school or on the subway going home. While there is service in stations, there isn’t in between them :(.

Getting to run Empire in arena and fleet is something awesome for me and may not last long. An option to change times (maybe a one time only) or highest rank in 24 hours. It’s not even a #1 thing it’s more about availability. I’ve been playing this game since dec ‘15 and I think something is due for arguably the two most important aspects of this game.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I didn't get everything I wanted out of this update either - but then, how could anyone? We all want something, and you just can't give everyone everything no matter how hard you try. All in all, this is a really good update already, and I suspect the goodness isn't up yet.

Happy belated birthday!
  • So with all this Sith love when can Ventress join those ranks? She’s more Sith than Opress!!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Laserbrain wrote: »
    With all those new SIM options, they should either also have the possibility to drop SIM tickets like regular nodes (Simming Challenges dont yield any) So if this is going to a QOL that actually makes things easier either make tickets drop on any simmable location or remove that system of tickets all together. otherwise that QOL would be nice to have if I had any tickets

I second this, the whole ticket system needs to die. Sim tickets themselves (not to confuse with the ability to sim) bring only annoyance.
    Also, some similar option should be introduced for raids. With third one coming, it's going to be a headache for leaders/officers to manage and Rancor is a joke already anyway. The only thing is that we need the gear, so we can't drop it altogether. Just let us sim it and be done with it.
  • Eclipso wrote: »
    Hate to say it but that’s it? Ton of stuff is needed, I’m overall disappointed

The ability to sim GW and a new raid coming? I mean, sure, there is more needed. But let’s not act like this is small.

No, that's all great stuff and really not much of a surprise but where is level 90? Where are ship improvements? Additions? Additional QoL items such as requesting gold gear, requesting only 2 raid items (IE currently starving for DC's for several toons) I could go on.
  • These all look like helpful changes. Although I echo the sentiment of many others in this thread, definitely more QOL changes that need to be made to make this game much more enjoyable. Especially bronzium multi-pulls, we have been asking for those for like forever. However, even if we only get what is listed now it'll be a step forward.

Updates/reworks/added character look great though, and am excited to see what all is ahead, even though I have no idea who all these KOTOR characters are.
This discussion has been closed.