"Challenge accepted" ? really ? pretty fail.

13Next

Replies

• All hype for TB toons, Woo!

• It’s february 8th and people are already calling february a fail lol.
  • I don't care what anyone says about this **** with "ohh not every toon can be meta" or "feb isn't over" that is **** and anyone who says that Vader and emperor mother effing palpatine shouldn't be the best god **** dark side toons in the game is not a true Star Wars fan. No amount of **** real world garbage or sensitivity of game stats should stop the 2 most powerful Sith Lords in existence. So, in case you non-star Wars fans and trekkies forgot who these two are, here are some resumes:

Darth Vader aka The Chosen One
    1. Survived getting all his limbs cut off and then falling into a volcano
    2. Killed (basically) every Jedi in the Jedi temple almost singlehandedly.
    3. Killed most of the rest of them after Order 66
    4. Can force choak someone through space
    5. One of the best duelists ever... of all time
    6. The most bad **** quadrupelegic in cinema history
    7. Has hands down the best villain theme of any movie villain
    8. Is the most universally liked and known Star Wars character (basically the face of Star Wars)
    9. Survives off of pure hatred and anger for everything in the universe
    10. Once stabbed him self through the chest to kill a darth maul clone
    11. Is 100% capable of kicking some stupid half trained force sensitive teenager's ****, especially if they use his old lightsaber.
    12. Can stop blaster shots with his freaking hand
    13. Would have beat Luke in ROTJ if not for him being his son and Vader actually caring about him
    14. He attack, he protec, but most of all, he slice dooku through the nec
    15. Is the best Star fighter pilot in the galaxy

Sheev "The Senate" Palpatine (aka Darth Sidious)
    1. Emperor of the largest empire in Star Wars history
    2. The most pawerful Sith Lord in cannon and legends, bar none
    3. Once sat in front of several Jedi Council members (including mace windu and yoda) and was not detected
    4. Defeated Darth Maul and Savage Oppress at the same time
    5. Momentarily rendered ever Jedi in the galaxy unable to sense Order 66, allowing the clones and Vader to subsequently kill them with ease
    6. Defeated 3 Jedi council members in a few seconds
    7. Orchestrated the downfall of the republic by puppeteering both sides in the clone wars by him self
    8. Has force lightning powerful enough to turn someone to ashes in seconds
    9. Defeated mother talzin, his main rival in the dark side
    10. Fought Yoda, the most powerful and wise Grand master of the Jedi Order in history, to a stale mate, and nearly defeated him
    11. Helped Darth Vader kill anakin, then when anakin came back, he killed anakin as anakin killed him
    12. Knows the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise (also killed Darth Plagueis the Wise)
    13. One of the best all around bad guys in movie history
    14. Is the best source of memes and gifs in Star Wars
    15. Came back to life and nearly destroyed the rebellion/new republic in Star Wars legends. Also might have sensed the yuzhaan vong's invasion coming, making him essentially a good guy

Hopefully now you see the error one your ways. Now, you will pay the price for your lack of vision. And to all of you who still aren't convinced, I find your lack of knowledge... disturbing.
  • Guess some people won't be happy till Palpatine one shots on his basic and Vader does an AoE that fractures everyone.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says about this **** with "ohh not every toon can be meta" or "feb isn't over" that is **** and anyone who says that Vader and emperor mother effing palpatine shouldn't be the best god **** dark side toons in the game is not a true Star Wars fan. No amount of **** real world garbage or sensitivity of game stats should stop the 2 most powerful Sith Lords in existence. So, in case you non-star Wars fans and trekkies forgot who these two are, here are some resumes:

8. Is the most universally liked and known Star Wars character (basically the face of Star Wars)
    11. Is 100% capable of kicking some **** half trained force sensitive teenager's ****, especially if they use his old lightsaber.
    13. Would have beat Luke in ROTJ if not for him being his son and Vader actually caring about him

3. Once sat in front of several Jedi Council members (including mace windu and yoda) and was not detected
    5. Momentarily rendered ever Jedi in the galaxy unable to sense Order 66, allowing the clones and Vader to subsequently kill them with ease
    7. Orchestrated the downfall of the republic by puppeteering both sides in the clone wars by him self
    10. Fought Yoda, the most powerful and wise Grand master of the Jedi Order in history, to a stale mate, and nearly defeated him
    11. Helped Darth Vader kill anakin, then when anakin came back, he killed anakin as anakin killed him
    12. Knows the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise (also killed Darth Plagueis the Wise)
    15. Came back to life and nearly destroyed the rebellion/new republic in Star Wars legends. Also might have sensed the yuzhaan vong's invasion coming, making him essentially a good guy

Hopefully now you see the error one your ways. Now, you will pay the price for your lack of vision. And to all of you who still aren't convinced, I find your lack of knowledge... disturbing.

A significant portion of the stuff you just listed didn’t happen in the canon.

This is a video game. If they made them the best sith ever and always the game would stagnate and they’d lose money. Like it or not that’s the hard truth. Don’t play if you can’t handle that.

• ewqewqc wrote: »
    im so disappointed. really. i really hope it isnt it from February updates. if it is, im just one step closer to be done with this game.

You really haven't been paying attention at all have you? While Vader and EP *so far* seem underwhelming they have a very big event in a couple of weeks in which they're inviting the YouTube boys down. I think it's safe to say they are unveiling something pretty big besides the Sith raid.

I can be as critical of CG as anyone (and I have been) but when you start whining that "this better not be it" when it's been made LOUD and CLEAR that this is not it ... Maybe you should take a break?

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Antisora wrote: »
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says about this **** with "ohh not every toon can be meta" or "feb isn't over" that is **** and anyone who says that Vader and emperor mother effing palpatine shouldn't be the best god **** dark side toons in the game is not a true Star Wars fan. No amount of **** real world garbage or sensitivity of game stats should stop the 2 most powerful Sith Lords in existence. So, in case you non-star Wars fans and trekkies forgot who these two are, here are some resumes:

11. Is 100% capable of kicking some **** half trained force sensitive teenager's ****, especially if they use his old lightsaber.

Why would you even bother reading that post?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Antisora wrote: »

This is a video game. If they made them the best sith ever and always the game would stagnate and they’d lose money. Like it or not that’s the hard truth. Don’t play if you can’t handle that.

For Vader:
    1-3 totally happened (watch ROTS)
    4 happened in esb
    5 6 and 9 are just true in universe
    7 and 8 are out of universe, but are generally accepted to be true facts and are significant a reason enough to improve cadets kit
    10 is legends, but it's pretty **** cool. Plus, Disney hasn't disproved its existence entirely yet
    11 is just a reasonable fact, considering the events of esb and just general logic
    12 - 15 are all actual facts in the current continuity

For EP
    1-12 are all very true, and a quick google search will verify their legitimacy
    13 and 14 are out of universe examples, but are generally known and accepted among most reasonable Star Wars fans
    15 is legends, however the developers have added a significant amount of noncannon material into the game in the form of Hk 47, nihilus, and the generic Sith toons, with the new Sith marauder on the way, and sion and triea basically confirmed.

Also, define "significant portion" as most of the material I listed is 100% confirmed in cannon, and the rest is either very obviously reasonable, or 100% legends. But that's not the point. These 2 are the main villains of the original trilogy and basically the entire Star Wars saga. They made Luke, R2, Thrawn, and nihilus (obvious fan favorites) the most OP toons in the game at their release, so there's absolutely no reason to not at least restore half of their glory to these new toons. Every legendary (5 star) toon (except yoda and EP at this point) is still very relevant at this point in the game (only ds tb doesn't count) so by any reasonable logic, why should the 2 characters (yes I'm including yoda at this point) most deserving of the title of legendary be the worst of their kind? And don't say it's for the money, because if you haven't noticed, people still download this game and start as new players, and if you also haven't noticed, alongside a shiny new darth Vader pack, there will most likely be a rebel pack (both costing real money) available for purchase. Also, raid han is technically a f2p toon, although a difficult one to attain (but still about the same difficulty as Vader or palps) but he still got a rework that made him one of the best toons in the game. Why not spread that to the most iconic villains in the game? And in case the standard counters come in, yes I know more ds content is coming, but we should improve what we already have before we make everything in the game obsolete.

My previous statement still stands: I find you lack of knowledge... disturbing.
  • The only real thing the dark side is missing is a character that can group dispel debuffs. Shore Trooper would be awesome if his heal was also a cleanse.
  • westenger wrote: »
    Teweedo wrote: »
    Palpatine as a lead lost a lot of his burst damages. Krennic got indirectly nerfed under Palp(L) and the 5% TM is clearly not doing much. The new buff is pretty useless.

I would take back the old Palpatine any day...

how so?

I made a topic on it but to make it short Crackling Doom no longer trigger Stagger and this is pretty impactful under EP lead.
  • I don’t know what everyone is going on about.

Both mobile gamer and anhald were incorrect when they hasitly judged the reworks.

I’ve been in communication with plenty of people in the community all over different shards and there are quite a few line ups that do quite well.

Any combo of 2 tanks listed below
    Palp L
    Vader
    Shore/GK/Sith trooper/storm
    Thrawn

Where as the most popular ones are the above line up with the tank combo of storm and GK or shore and GK

Then there’s this squad that myself and a few others have been catching on with. Now anhald and mobile gamer both sat there and said they struggle against JTR on offense and they are horrible defensively which they are wrong on both accounts.

I’m currently running the following
    Palp L +118 speed (speed/prot)
    Thrawn +94 speed
    GK +76 speed
    Vader +95 speed (CD/CC)
    DN +110 speed

I’ve literally auto any single team I’ve went up against other than NS which I can beat manually or full auto just simply by switching GK for Shore. I have video of me beating my shards best JTR team on full auto which btw happens to be the #4 player in all of swgoh Jina appa.

I have plenty of videos as well as others of the comps listed above showing successful defense attempts from shard mates. And yes shard mates have been reporting back that they struggle even with JTR and some can’t win at all.

Sometimes I just think people literally have no idea how to build teams
  • Still think the new reworks are a bit underwhelming mainly because they aren't for arena and just for TB, and the need to improve your TB squads by a small amount is imo, kinda unexciting/underwhelming.
  • MrGrips wrote: »
    Still think the new reworks are a bit underwhelming mainly because they aren't for arena and just for TB, and the need to improve your TB squads by a small amount is imo, kinda unexciting/underwhelming.

Wrong wrong and wrong some more
  • There are some vids coming and they're doing well in the arena.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    There are some vids coming and they're doing well in the arena.

Maybe we have different definitions of doing well then cuz, I often see them do well against teams that aren't JTR, but on my shard the top 30 use JTR. And from what I can tell usually when they DO beat JTR decently, its with significantly better mods than the JTR team. Which just isn't an option for me, hence how these zetas arent too relevant to me.
  • Since DS TW came out, I’ve focused mainly on empire characters at the expense of my rebels. This meant I gradually fell out of the top 50,then struggled to stay in the top 100 when JTR came out.
    I’ve zetad palp’s lead and am climbing the ranks more easily now and holding better on defence (zeta g11 palp lead, g11, g12 zeta thrawn, g11 shore, g12 zolo). I tried it with a 5th dark side character, but it seems that when I face any team with zolo in it, he prioritisss Vader for shoots first. No aoe speed down means it’s hard to get going.

The zeta lead doesn’t seem to do that much, but maybe it’s my imagination, as although the team isn’t the strongest, I’m still doing okish.
  • Yeah. I think the zetas are really focussed on dstb - although we don't know what's around the corner with Sith.

I have put zVaderz in my arena squad. He's ok but yeah, if Han shoots him straight off the bat it goes bad. Anyway I just like seeing him as the leader of my DS squad. I'm holding top 100 - not amazing I know but I see other good squads around me, so he's not terrible.
  • I think that both leads will be good in TB, but emp definitively needs that unique zeta to survive more than 2-3 hits in arena.
  • I want URoRRuR'R'R to be viable, as well as Jedi Knight Guardian. Oh well, I guess the world doesn't revolve around either of us, ey?

No, no no. They're both plenty viable. We really need CUP and ugnaught. But I guess you're right in that we can't have everything.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Both still ****.
    <edit>
    Just read the post above about being more positive and realised I needed to grow some.
    but it don't matter, its Friday! Woohoo!
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Jeez. I can't believe one of these has already come out. My thoughts after reading the commentary here

- thanks for the rework devs, I'm excited to use Vader and Palp in TB. Should reduce the difficulty of those later phases. It'll probably take me a couple of days to figure out how to maximize their abilities
    - not everything has to be arena viable to be considered a success
    - have you all used empire with Thrawn lead against a resistance team or NS team? Absolutely devastating.
    - I'm pretty sure every character in the meta (except JTRs first run), is free to play. Yes the model favors more established players, but that's the point. CLS - FTP, Thrawn - FTP, but a pain, BB8 - FTP, R2D2 - FTP, MT - PTW (but I could argue FTP as well), GK - FTP, Raid Han - FTP. All a common theme (time)
    - Come with something constructive if you're frustrated by something. All that negativity is bad for your health.

Haven't tried the Thrawn lead yet. What's the team make up?

Thrawn (zL), Tarkin, TFP, Shore, and Snowtrooper. The first time I attacked this squad (with a Poe at 245 speed) I got blown out of the water after just 2 attacks. Can it be countered? yes, but if your opponent relies on debuffs (r2d2, resistance, etc) they're unstoppable.

I'm running a Palp lead (no zeta), zzVader, zzThrawn, Shoretrooper and zStormtrooper all gear 12. I have been cruising through rebel teams but as everyone says the Rey gives me some trouble but I have beat them. What I have been liking is that I haven't been dropping much on the defense.
  • Banj0 wrote: »
    Jeez. I can't believe one of these has already come out. My thoughts after reading the commentary here

- thanks for the rework devs, I'm excited to use Vader and Palp in TB. Should reduce the difficulty of those later phases. It'll probably take me a couple of days to figure out how to maximize their abilities
    - have you all used empire with Thrawn lead against a resistance team or NS team? Absolutely devastating.
    - I'm pretty sure every character in the meta (except JTRs first run), is free to play. Yes the model favors more established players, but that's the point. CLS - FTP, Thrawn - FTP, but a pain, BB8 - FTP, R2D2 - FTP, MT - PTW (but I could argue FTP as well), GK - FTP, Raid Han - FTP. All a common theme (time)
    - Come with something constructive if you're frustrated by something. All that negativity is bad for your health.

Thrawn (zL), Tarkin, TFP, Shore, and Snowtrooper. The first time I attacked this squad (with a Poe at 245 speed) I got blown out of the water after just 2 attacks. Can it be countered? yes, but if your opponent relies on debuffs (r2d2, resistance, etc) they're unstoppable.

I'm running a Palp lead (no zeta), zzVader, zzThrawn, Shoretrooper and zStormtrooper all gear 12. I have been cruising through rebel teams but as everyone says the Rey gives me some trouble but I have beat them. What I have been liking is that I haven't been dropping much on the defense.

Cool. What is the health and protection on your Palp? Thanks!
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Banj0 wrote: »

Cool. What is the health and protection on your Palp? Thanks!

His health is 27083 and protection is 21707
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Antisora wrote: »

For Vader:
    1-3 totally happened (watch ROTS)
    4 happened in esb
    5 6 and 9 are just true in universe
    7 and 8 are out of universe, but are generally accepted to be true facts and are significant a reason enough to improve cadets kit
    10 is legends, but it's pretty **** cool. Plus, Disney hasn't disproved its existence entirely yet
    11 is just a reasonable fact, considering the events of esb and just general logic
    12 - 15 are all actual facts in the current continuity

For EP
    1-12 are all very true, and a quick google search will verify their legitimacy
    13 and 14 are out of universe examples, but are generally known and accepted among most reasonable Star Wars fans
    15 is legends, however the developers have added a significant amount of noncannon material into the game in the form of Hk 47, nihilus, and the generic Sith toons, with the new Sith marauder on the way, and sion and triea basically confirmed.

Also, define "significant portion" as most of the material I listed is 100% confirmed in cannon, and the rest is either very obviously reasonable, or 100% legends. But that's not the point. These 2 are the main villains of the original trilogy and basically the entire Star Wars saga. They made Luke, R2, Thrawn, and nihilus (obvious fan favorites) the most OP toons in the game at their release, so there's absolutely no reason to not at least restore half of their glory to these new toons. Every legendary (5 star) toon (except yoda and EP at this point) is still very relevant at this point in the game (only ds tb doesn't count) so by any reasonable logic, why should the 2 characters (yes I'm including yoda at this point) most deserving of the title of legendary be the worst of their kind? And don't say it's for the money, because if you haven't noticed, people still download this game and start as new players, and if you also haven't noticed, alongside a shiny new darth Vader pack, there will most likely be a rebel pack (both costing real money) available for purchase. Also, raid han is technically a f2p toon, although a difficult one to attain (but still about the same difficulty as Vader or palps) but he still got a rework that made him one of the best toons in the game. Why not spread that to the most iconic villains in the game? And in case the standard counters come in, yes I know more ds content is coming, but we should improve what we already have before we make everything in the game obsolete.

My previous statement still stands: I find you lack of knowledge... disturbing.

Are you saying this rework didn't restore "at least half" of their glory? I think it did.

• ewqewqc wrote: »
    nice trying to hype us with Palp and Vader stuff. i remember that after someone said that last February was amazing, it got commented by "challenge accepted meme". absurd. those reworks are totally under-performing. while it surely remove NS and CLS pretty easily, palp and vader struggle VERY hard vs jrey. very, very hard. it only makes jrey stronger now. yea, sure, i can put a Rex and beat those reys, but Rex time should be over long time ago. unbelievable that he's still more useful leader than palp or vader leader abilities, in most of the matches actually. i wanna cry.
    i really hope this isn't it. we need a legendary Sith. Resistance have 1 Legend 1 hero, rebel have 1 legend 1 hero... Siths have nothing. absolutely nothing.
    im so disappointed. really. i really hope it isnt it from February updates. if it is, im just one step closer to be done with this game
    and yes yes, i know you dont care, but this is how i feel due to how the metas going lately. and im always #1, for long time, but i just dont enjoy this like i wanted to enjoy this. lot of long-time players quitting because of the recent fail stuff from the game, i dont want be another one of those. make Siths VIABLE vs this resistance joke.

Not to start an arguement... but this rework makes empire more viable than sith. And think that's what it was supposed to do. Every1 seems to be either going sith or empire/sith hybrid & I don't think that's the ideal setup for the rework.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    ewqewqc wrote: »
    nice trying to hype us with Palp and Vader stuff. i remember that after someone said that last February was amazing, it got commented by "challenge accepted meme". absurd. those reworks are totally under-performing. while it surely remove NS and CLS pretty easily, palp and vader struggle VERY hard vs jrey. very, very hard. it only makes jrey stronger now. yea, sure, i can put a Rex and beat those reys, but Rex time should be over long time ago. unbelievable that he's still more useful leader than palp or vader leader abilities, in most of the matches actually. i wanna cry.
    i really hope this isn't it. we need a legendary Sith. Resistance have 1 Legend 1 hero, rebel have 1 legend 1 hero... Siths have nothing. absolutely nothing.
    im so disappointed. really. i really hope it isnt it from February updates. if it is, im just one step closer to be done with this game
    and yes yes, i know you dont care, but this is how i feel due to how the metas going lately. and im always #1, for long time, but i just dont enjoy this like i wanted to enjoy this. lot of long-time players quitting because of the recent fail stuff from the game, i dont want be another one of those. make Siths VIABLE vs this resistance joke.

Not to start an arguement... but this rework makes empire more viable than sith. And think that's what it was supposed to do. Every1 seems to be either going sith or empire/sith hybrid & I don't think that's the ideal setup for the rework.

So far.

There's still a few Sith toons coming, methinks.

But yeah, the reworks definitely helped out Empire.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • So this OP post aged well. :D
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • The reworks are decent enough to stop jtr. You don't even have palp zeta'd and your complaining he isn't doing anything? Look at Smithie D's video of the team comp he uses and tell me palp and Vader aren't way better then before.. patience.
This discussion has been closed.