R2D2 Team

Alright folks, need your help.... what do you think i need to do at a minimum to beat r2 when it rolls around again:

https://swgoh.gg/u/knoximus/collection/?f=empire

Replies

• I am a few days away from being able to zeta someone
  • Thinking i roll with EP lead, vader, rg, tarkin and mt, but mt seems weak maybe boost up snow instead?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Knoximus wrote: »
    Thinking i roll with EP lead, vader, rg, tarkin and mt, but mt seems weak maybe boost up snow instead?

The best thing about magmatrooper is that his special does tmr. Unfortunately tmr doesn't work in tier vii of the r2d2 event so he is pretty bad. I would work Snow trooper instead.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Thinking i roll with EP lead, vader, rg, tarkin and mt, but mt seems weak maybe boost up snow instead?

The best thing about magmatrooper is that his special does tmr. Unfortunately tmr doesn't work in tier vii of the r2d2 event so he is pretty bad. I would work Snow trooper instead.

Also I would push for a minor gear viii and ix.
  • Thanks @Naraic
  • Anyone else? HELP!
  • As long as ep and Vader have around 200 speed the other 3 are just there as meat shields for them. If you have rg and tfp + anyone else the event will be super easy. As long as Vader and ep get their first move you’ll have very few issues.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Moved to appropriate sub-forum.
  • DICE wrote: »
    As long as ep and Vader have around 200 speed the other 3 are just there as meat shields for them. If you have rg and tfp + anyone else the event will be super easy. As long as Vader and ep get their first move you’ll have very few issues.

That's a good point it's now very easy to get a 200 speed Vader since he will get 108 speed from 5 empire allies including palpatine and 6 rebel enemies including old ben.

This and the new damage boost to culling blade should make tis much easier than it used to be.
  • Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.
  • Knoximus
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    DICE wrote: »
    As long as ep and Vader have around 200 speed the other 3 are just there as meat shields for them. If you have rg and tfp + anyone else the event will be super easy. As long as Vader and ep get their first move you’ll have very few issues.

How do you get speed up? Mods? I just loaded some max mods and it moved me up to 150. How do I get up to 200? Better mods?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

How do you get speed up? Mods? I just loaded some max mods and it moved me up to 150. How do I get up to 200? Better mods?

Yes. You need high speed secondaries on all your mods (and a speed primary arrow of course).
  • Thrawn was key in me getting 7* R2. I ran Thrawn, Vader, EP, Tark and ST. Was a cake walk with Thrawn.

As stated above, though, with Vader and EP reworks Thrawn's not nearly as important IN THIS EVENT.
  • Liath wrote: »

Yes. You need high speed secondaries on all your mods (and a speed primary arrow of course).

Speed arrow? Is that the one in the upper right?
  • Yes. The one shaped like an arrow, but not a speed mod, but a mod with speed as it's primary. That slot should be filled with a mod that gives 30 speed when level 15.
  • Yes. The one shaped like an arrow, but not a speed mod, but a mod with speed as it's primary. That slot should be filled with a mod that gives 30 speed when level 15.

would you run the 4 speed mods to get the max set here too? or just run other mods with speed secondaries?
  • Would you zeta vader for this event?
  • Knoximus wrote: »
    would you run the 4 speed mods to get the max set here too? or just run other mods with speed secondaries?

I'm admit-tingly am not the best with my mods; I just realized I could tweak some things and boosted R2 by like 70 speed points!

Are you on Discord? I can send you some great info if you are.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Would you zeta vader for this event?

No no no no. Enemies in tier 7 of this event are immune to tmr so zetaing Vaders leadership for this event is a waste.
  • I would wait on throwing a zeta on Vader anyway. Early reports have been that people are a little disappointed in the rework. I don't run Vader so I don't have any concrete info on that though.
  • I have a zeta ready to go, but would like to wait til i get CLS and use it on him. Or could run it on R2. I think my team to run at CLS will be pretty good once get 7* r2
  • Ok @Naraic and @KvotheQGBQG2 I have been working on my squad for next time R2 rolls around, looking any better? https://swgoh.gg/u/knoximus/collection/?f=empire
  • @Knoximus IIRC i bet the R2 event without Thrawn, running EP, Vader, Tarkin, RG, and TFP, i think all were G8 maybe Vader was G9. Yet it may well have been that my Vader already had a Zeta on his leadership, yet i may have still used EP as lead, as he is better against Rebels.
    But given the recent EP and Vader rework i would expect no problems with your team. I'd try to get them up to lvl 80, and max out the abilities. Maybe stack some protection mods on RG.
  • I’d get tie fighter pilot if that’s feasible since he’s a really really good character for the empire. His foresight is pretty reliable and he deals quite a bit of damage. He does need a lot of speed so he can pump out his special aoe that inflict buff immunity.