Phoenix ships (Ghost and Phantom II): How do you play them?

Their kits are super verbose and seem very clunky to me, I haven't found a way to play them nicely. They have a lot of cross-references between them, but no clear synergy.

Ghost seems to do well when lots of enemies are target locked (but then, who doesn't?), but doesn't help actually applying any. It also wants allies to be stealthed, and actually helps making it happen.

Phantom II has a weak ability that inflicts 1.5 target locks (but no damage), and protects the Ghost (taunts, buffs, prevents target lock).

Soooo... where's the synergy, how to play them?
Capital Ship: Ackbar?
Others: Rebel ships
Position: front line

Ideal attack sequence (the "I love it when a plan come together" one)
1. [Phantom]: Maximum Impact, all allies might gain cc up, meh
2. [Ghost]: Static Jammer: Ghost + another (e.g. Wedge) are stealth, nice triple assist attack
3. [Phantom]: Sights locked: apply 1.5 target locks, meh
4. [Ghost]: Take Em Down: Expose all TL enemies, gain some TM
5. [Ghost]: Attack All Angles: AoE with 2x30% bonus damage due to stealthed allies. If this really happens right after the previous one (exposed), it can be a nice combo.

In this plan, the only tiny bit of synergy there is, is that Phantom applies some TL before Ghost exploits it. But realistically, by then, FOTP has already smashed at least 2 of your ships into cosmic dust...

Did I miss anything? Is there another ship that nicely glues this together? It's sad because one "immune to TL" together with "auto-taunt" would have been awesome, if only it was the same ship!

☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Bistan who can stealth and apply a target lock boosts ghosts aoe and fits nicely in that squad

Cassian can also spread stealth and apply a target lock with 2 separate abilities
  • I have no issues with my Ghost or Phantom. I run them with Biggs Boba and Darth. I target lock everyone and have fun and dispel with Darth. Boba missle and Ghost barrage work nice. Under Akbar Lead. My toons are 85 and GS 10.

I will replace them with Tarkin soon. I just need to Fix Bistan and Umbrian fighter up a bit more.
  • I'm not phoenix fan but they are deadly sometimes. Phantom's big hit, Ghost calling assist, all the foresight and taunt, it's really annoying
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Bistan who can stealth and apply a target lock boosts ghosts aoe and fits nicely in that squad

Cassian can also spread stealth and apply a target lock with 2 separate abilities

Yes Bistan seems like he would fit in there, sadly he's slower than Ghost, but it can still work for Ghost's AoE on turn 2.
    I have no issues with my Ghost or Phantom. I run them with Biggs Boba and Darth. I target lock everyone and have fun and dispel with Darth. Boba missle and Ghost barrage work nice. Under Akbar Lead. My toons are 85 and GS 10.

Yes, well, target lock "everyone" is exactly the challenge. Most fleets, if not all, have both Tie Fighters and Biggs, so after 2 turns, both Biggs are taunting and there's no chance to TL anyone else than him.
    I'd say if you can really routinely TL more than 3 ships, run Mace and use his AoE every turn from there.

Why Tarkin? Ackbar seems better in this fleet no?
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/