Phoenix Squad for Emperor's Demise

Hey guys I was wondering if my Phoenix Squad will be good enough to take palpatine with 7*, they are all g8 lvl 72?

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Do you have a swgoh.gg account that you can provide a link to for people to review your roster, gear levels, and mod combinations?

EDIT: I should also mention that people have done a lot of different combinations with Phoenix ability levels for Thrawn Event, though I doubt you'll have as much trouble. I recommend getting everyone's abilities to the Omega level, at least, but you shouldn't need any zetas, certainly not if they're only level 72. Is that your player level, are you able to get them any higher?
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I can get them to 79 that is my player lvl but i doubt i can get them all omegas in time they are almost all on ability lvl 7 tho
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    If you will level to level 80 by the time of the event I would focus any omegas on unique abilities. They have a much bigger effect.

Its important to remember palpatine is not as difficult as thrawn.
  • Emperor is much easier than Thrawn. I got the emperor with a much weaker phoenix squad than i had for Thrawn 79 or 80 with there abilities up plus decent gears you should be fine
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    A decently modded G8 Phoenix team should get a 7* Palpy pretty easy. Thrawn is the only event where Phoenix need to have their omegas to have a chance.

No omegas needed for Palpy event.
  • In case anyone's still wondering, it's entirely doable. I just unlocked 7* Palp using my Phoenix. It took about 4 tries but in the end managed to do it with all 5 still standing and in good health:

All level 73 & G8 (with at most one gear piece towards G9)

Ezra, all abilities level 7

Zeb, bash & unique lv 7, staggering sweep & honor guard lv 6

Hera, unique & play to strengths lv 7, basic & backup plan lv 6

Kanan, unique lv 7, all others lv 6

Chopper, unique lv 7. all others lv 6

My mods are embarrassingly poor - Ezra and Hera have a full complement of 5* health mods but they're not particularly good ones, Kanan only has 1* health mods and Zeb/Chopper have a mix.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes - I unlocked 7*EP with lv64 Phoenix all at G7

Their uniques are amazing for PvE content took a few tries and my arena mods.
  • I unlocked 7* Emperor Palpatine first try with my Phoenix team as well.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/26311/
  • G20
    132 posts Member

I barely got 6* with a stronger team than yours. What advice do you have on strategy?
  • I have done it with my phoenix squad
    Kanan,Ezra,Hera and Zeb on G8
    Chopper on G7
    All alive and well and emperor on 7 stars
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    I can’t put a dent in palp 7* with my Phoenix 7* G7. Any tricks to help out ? I’m lvl 63 character
  • You need to be up to around lvl 70ish with lvl 7 abilities and decent mods. Also gear 8 would help.

I was able to blow through the palpy event with my phoenix. all lvl 75. abilities all at 7. ezra and hera were G9 and the rest at G8. Arena mods. 4 of the 5 were above 190 speed.
  • Adding to the general thrust, I beat L7 quite easily with lvl71 Phoenix team, mostly G7 with one or two G8, and mods geared towards speed. Abilities all maxed out for lvl71 characters. Wasn't hard at all, though I think I lost a toon or two in the final battle with DV.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    G20 wrote: »

I barely got 6* with a stronger team than yours. What advice do you have on strategy?

How your mods? Have you a swgoh.gg account where we can have a look. In general potency cross on hera to get expose to land on the emperor as he starts with the most health for 25% of his health as damage.
  • I just cleared 6* palp at level 65 and i'm prepping for the 7* node. I should have my team all 7* by the last day. I'd appreciate any advice on where I should focus farms (mods/gear etc).

https://swgoh.gg/u/psultimate/
    This is up to date but hasn't synced that I just got zeb to g8.

Thanks!
  • In case anyone's still wondering, it's entirely doable. I just unlocked 7* Palp using my Phoenix. It took about 4 tries but in the end managed to do it with all 5 still standing and in good health:

All level 73 & G8 (with at most one gear piece towards G9)

Ezra, all abilities level 7

Zeb, bash & unique lv 7, staggering sweep & honor guard lv 6

Hera, unique & play to strengths lv 7, basic & backup plan lv 6

Kanan, unique lv 7, all others lv 6

Chopper, unique lv 7. all others lv 6

My mods are embarrassingly poor - Ezra and Hera have a full complement of 5* health mods but they're not particularly good ones, Kanan only has 1* health mods and Zeb/Chopper have a mix.

Thanks for this, post I made a couple of changes and was able to clear it. Had been getting destroyed in the last fight.
  • Yes - I unlocked 7*EP with lv64 Phoenix all at G7

You what?
    That is impossible.
    I can't get EP 6* with a full lvl 65 Phoenix squad :open_mouth:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    jroos100 wrote: »

You what?
    That is impossible.

Have you a swgoh.gg account? I'm curious as to what mod you have on your team if you are struggling.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    jroos100 wrote: »

You what?
    That is impossible.

Have you a swgoh.gg account? I'm curious as to what mod you have on your team if you are struggling.

I don't have a swgoh.gg account yet.
    I will post what I have:
    Kanan, lvl 66, gear 7, 7*, power 9307 (defense mods)
    Zeb, lvl 66, gear 7, 7*, power 8845 (random mods)
    Ezra, lvl 66, gear 7, 6*, power 7636 (offense mods)
    Hera, lvl 66, gear 7, 6* power 7462, (potency mods)
    Chopper, lvl 66, gear 7, 6* power 6849 (no mods)

Or do I really need Sabine in order to have a chance?
  • You definitely don't need Sabine.

Do you have speed arrows? On everyone ideally?

A potency cross on Zeb and hera so daze/stagger works for Zeb and expose works for hera.

Do you have a lot of mods with speed as a secondary attribute?

Do you have 5 dot mods.
  • jroos100
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Kanan has a protection arrow, Hera a crit avoidance. Zeb and Ezra do have speed arrows.
    I don't have any potency cross mods, I can try and get them though.
    Speed isn't all that great on as secondary attributes, but most of them do have some.
    50% of my mods are 5 dots, the rest are lower (because I didn't have any more 5 dots).

EDIT: Thanks for helping!
  • Alright, after ~50 tries I finally killed him! I spend crystals to get Hera to gear 8, farmed more speed and potency mods and killed him eventually. It took me like ~15/20 times with the gear and mods I killed him now.