The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Stumbled across this by sheer chance!

I run Sith but they're not so hot right now so my Plan B came into play. I was torn at the start between Sith and Empire, but I've found my way! :smiley:

Great page, this!

Curious how long it takes folks to get Shoretrooper to 7*? It feels the worst farm in game right now.
  • I have zzThrawn, zDT, ShT, EP, DV, DK... T200 but trying to improve. Should I zeta EP, DV, or wait and see if something else happens this month? I have 1 zeta ready now.
  • Royal Guard should get a rework so that his special cleanses all Empire allies and his UA gives extra durability to Palpatine, maybe preventing critical hits like with the Krooper combo.

Yea rg needs some work.
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Pure Empire squad destroying JRey. Krennic’s Basic hit for 29k....is that good?
    https://youtu.be/od8SqwT__58
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I have been running zzThrawn lead, Shore, Storm, zPalp, and zVader in arena since the reworks dropped, but I realized that the other team fractures or otherwise dispels shore's taunt immediately, meaning that if palp uses his aoe he is super vulnerable to counter attack.

To circumvent this, I swapped a couple mods to make Storm 1 speed faster than Palp to get the 2nd taunt up before Palp goes. That way on defense the AI won't get Palp merced immediately. If anyone else is running this team comp, you should consider this.
  • 1. Question when running Thrawn(L), vader, ep, shore, storm against NS:

Is the strategy to fracture zombie, then take out in order: Daka > Asajj = Talzin > Acolyte(assuming she stealthed already) > zombie ?
    My mods and gear need work, and I'm waiting until the end of February to throw some zetas around. Was just curious because I fought my first NS team today and lost by a small margin, learned a lot, but wanted to ask the experts. :smile:

2. Would a Zader team be good against NS with the same team make up? AoE being covered to take care of NSAcolyte, Shore still heals plague off, but losing Thrawn's TM gain and passive prot boost.

Thanks for any and all advice!
  • Has anyone tried zzEP(L), zDV, zzThrawn, IPD and TFP?
    I think it can be most effective full empire team for arena right now

Without tanks you will plummet on defense. Plus TFP is even squishier than palp. Those two will be gone before they get a 2nd turn.

Without tanks you will plummet on defense. Plus TFP is even squishier than palp. Those two will be gone before they get a 2nd turn.

Mmm currently running zzEP(L), zDV, zThrawn, DK and zDT on a Dec 15 shard and have not dropped under 30s for two days....
    Tanks are quite less valuable on the current meta...
  • I just saw in another thread - didn't realize EP lost his shock / bonus damage on his basic vs. Jedi / Rebels / shocked enemies. This is bad....under a DV leader he could take TM away and damage all rebel / Jedi enemies with his basic. Killer in particular for DS TB.

Mmm currently running zzEP(L), zDV, zThrawn, DK and zDT on a Dec 15 shard and have not dropped under 30s for two days....
    Tanks are quite less valuable on the current meta...

That's surprising to me. Typically a tankless team makes you a target even if it doesn't make the team actually weaker.
  • That's surprising to me. Typically a tankless team makes you a target even if it doesn't make the team actually weaker.

Me too, but I've been holding very well for the last few days with this comp: zzEP (L), Vader, zzTarkin, zDT, and zzThrawn. No tank there, and I don't even have the g12 health gear on EP yet. I am planning to replace DT with IPD as soon as I get IPD, because DT's dispell doesn't work through foresight. Plus zIPD is awesome.

I am now falling to no more than mid-30's, where I used to fall to 60s or 70s running zzThrawn (L), ShT, Storm, zDT, and Krennic/Tarkin.

Interesting, the top 20 in my shard, which is very old (Dec 2015) and full of whales, is moving over to this squad comp: EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus, and GK. I'm too much of a purist to put GK in my squad, yet.

Eventually I'd like to run EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, IPD, and Talzin/Wampa. Talzin's plague would prevent IPD's Target Lock from getting dispelled, and IPD's Target Lock prevents buffs. Mwhahahahaha.
  • Currently testing ep, zzVader,zzThrawn,shore, and tfp got tfp at 254 speed hoping to zeta ep soon so far tfp has been a pain in everyones ****
  • BeWary wrote: »
    That's surprising to me. Typically a tankless team makes you a target even if it doesn't make the team actually weaker.

Me too, but I've been holding very well for the last few days with this comp: zzEP (L), Vader, zzTarkin, zDT, and zzThrawn. No tank there, and I don't even have the g12 health gear on EP yet. I am planning to replace DT with IPD as soon as I get IPD, because DT's dispell doesn't work through foresight. Plus zIPD is awesome.

I am now falling to no more than mid-30's, where I used to fall to 60s or 70s running zzThrawn (L), ShT, Storm, zDT, and Krennic/Tarkin.

Interesting, the top 20 in my shard, which is very old (Dec 2015) and full of whales, is moving over to this squad comp: EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus, and GK. I'm too much of a purist to put GK in my squad, yet.

Eventually I'd like to run EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, IPD, and Talzin/Wampa. Talzin's plague would prevent IPD's Target Lock from getting dispelled, and IPD's Target Lock prevents buffs. Mwhahahahaha.

I thought other debuffs could still be cleansed, it's only plague that has to be cleansed through healing. Can anyone confirm?
  • @Thor_Odinson1 as long as your hero has the plague debuff, no other debuffs can be cleared until plague expires. It's one of the inflictions of plague.
  • Some fights wit the reworked characters and zetas:

https://youtu.be/X_D-VwhtcQ8

Some testing with Vader lead

https://youtu.be/-Y9T-N7DHlc

And IPD under Palpatine lead:

https://youtu.be/FeDBf13FtKo

Enjoy! Like, share and subscribe for more!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • I run EP(L) Zader, Thrawn, Storm,and Shore. I am rank 33 and i hold on defence. The key is fracturing CLS that way EP is protect give him time Game Over. Before this team i ran all gear 12 Zeers Imp Trooper team i only made it to 55 no further. 2 tanks are important IMO
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    @Thor_Odinson1 as long as your hero has the plague debuff, no other debuffs can be cleared until plague expires. It's one of the inflictions of plague.

There aren't that many NS teams in my shard so I guess I never read it that closely. Thanks for the reply.
  • ShannonP35 wrote: »
    I run EP(L) Zader, Thrawn, Storm,and Shore. I am rank 33 and i hold on defence. The key is fracturing CLS that way EP is protect give him time Game Over. Before this team i ran all gear 12 Zeers Imp Trooper team i only made it to 55 no further. 2 tanks are important IMO

If you have GK, his passive crit immunity adds a lot of survivability. EP (l), Vader, DN, Thrawn and GK are holding very well for me. Woke up still in the top 10 a couple times.
  • I currently run EzPz, Vader, Thrawn, DNz, and GK. I am finally back in the top 10. Even with only EP and GK at g12. Vader and DN are both close to g12 and Thrawn is only 5* g11 (I hate farming resistance... But he'll be 7* when the event comes around again). GK does add a lot. However I hate not being full DS so I am looking to kru once I get him a few more stars. I may give SiT a shot since he is 7* g11. But I think kru or Shore are my best choices. It feels good to be playing the good guys again. To continually fight the tyranny and oppression of the Light Side.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ShannonP35 wrote: »
    I run EP(L) Zader, Thrawn, Storm,and Shore. I am rank 33 and i hold on defence. The key is fracturing CLS that way EP is protect give him time Game Over. Before this team i ran all gear 12 Zeers Imp Trooper team i only made it to 55 no further. 2 tanks are important IMO

If you have GK, his passive crit immunity adds a lot of survivability. EP (l), Vader, DN, Thrawn and GK are holding very well for me. Woke up still in the top 10 a couple times.

I run the same and have found the same to be true. I had tried Vader lead for a bit and even swapped in a g12 Shore, but Palp lead with GK seems to hold the best on defense and work the best on offense.

ETA: Unless my shardmates are reading this...in that case, those JTR teams are just dandy! ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ShannonP35 wrote: »

I run the same and have found the same to be true. I had tried Vader lead for a bit and even swapped in a g12 Shore, but Palp lead with GK seems to hold the best on defense and work the best on offense.

ETA: Unless my shardmates are reading this...in that case, those JTR teams are just dandy! ;)

Smokin! Ya till DS gets a GK clone we'll see gk in a lot if DS squads. He plugs in nicely. I think kru will work as well. I hope so anyway.
  • i unlock probe droid finally. I can not wait to try it, as soon as I can get it to g11.
    best team? i actually play with thrawn palp vader/death shore and gk, in place of who could play for you?
  • I would be really nice if shock ever stuck.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    I would be really nice if shock ever stuck.

Truth
  • Something is broken with resist in this game my GMT was just resisted on his basic. He has no debuffs on his basic.
  • Today I fought the Emperor/Vader/Nihilus/Thrawn/GK team in the arena. Granted, the opponent had insane speed on mods but it was still awsome how it destroyed me in 2 minutes on defense - Palpatine and Vader had so much extra turn meter that it was borderline insulting.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    I would be really nice if shock ever stuck.

+1
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Something is broken with resist in this game my GMT was just resisted on his basic. He has no debuffs on his basic.

Yep. Agreed. My Palp (whose potency is over the 85%+ threshold) just threw "Power of the Darkside" and stunned 0 out of 4. Usually I am landing 1 out of 3 or 4 - once in a great while 2. There is something not right with potency/tenacity checks lately - especially involving either JTRey (on defense) or Palp (on offense).

I wish I had confidence that everything since the rework was "WAI" but given the history of bugs in this game, I simply presume that it's bugged and we're just not sure how yet.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Something is broken with resist in this game my GMT was just resisted on his basic. He has no debuffs on his basic.

Yep. Agreed. My Palp (whose potency is over the 85%+ threshold) just threw "Power of the Darkside" and stunned 0 out of 4. Usually I am landing 1 out of 3 or 4 - once in a great while 2. There is something not right with potency/tenacity checks lately - especially involving either JTRey (on defense) or Palp (on offense).

I wish I had confidence that everything since the rework was "WAI" but given the history of bugs in this game, I simply presume that it's bugged and we're just not sure how yet.

I zeta'd palps unique today and I put all protection on him. His drop in potency doesn't seem to matter at all. This is how he should be moded until further notice, even if you don't have his unique zeta'd.