Game Modes Time Crunch?

@cg_kozispoon do you have any insight to share on how y’all plan on preventing time crunches to the player base with all the game modes, especially considering the new raid that’s coming?

Do y’all have any data yet to support whether the back to back TW play during the week, on what would the majority of players’ work days, is creating time crunch issues or not?

I appreciate your thoughts in advance! B)
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I presume that this is why they are making gw simable.

Personally I enjoy the game and the more content the better.
  • Take it you ignored gw being completely sim-able then?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Take it you ignored gw being completely sim-able then?

GW? Don’t be silly. That was easy on auto. 10 min. But being simmable is nice. That’ll help for some minor rewards, considering most of the stronger players have been skipping it for months on end. However, that’s not what I’m referring to. GW is a very small fraction of this game, and doesn’t give worthwhile rewards for the paying base. Raids (a new one coming, too), TBs, TWs, Arena, Ships (and we all know inside that more ship content is headed our way). Those are the time crunch issues I’m referring to.

SnakesOnAPlane

GW? Don’t be silly. That was easy on auto. 10 min. But being simmable is nice. That’ll help for some minor rewards, considering most of the stronger players have been skipping it for months on end. However, that’s not what I’m referring to. GW is a very small fraction of this game, and doesn’t give worthwhile rewards for the paying base. Raids (a new one coming, too), TBs, TWs, Arena, Ships (and we all know inside that more ship content is headed our way). Those are the time crunch issues I’m referring to.

Well by that rationale rancor is non plus as that takes 10 mins on auto. Haat takes place maximum of twice weekly and yes takes a bit more time. Tb takes 10 mins or so a day. Tw can take a bit longer if you have a deep roster. So I struggle to see apart from haat where the time sink is?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Well by that rationale rancor is non plus as that takes 10 mins on auto. Haat takes place maximum of twice weekly and yes takes a bit more time. Tb takes 10 mins or so a day. Tw can take a bit longer if you have a deep roster. So I struggle to see apart from haat where the time sink is?

^^ Yeah what this guy said... personally this 3 day wait between guild events sucks we could have had another TW.

Time sink lol

lock it up

Post edited by Kyno on

Again, you’re being silly, and now narrow minded. I do have a deep roster, like most of the paying base. There is a time crunch happening to us, but I get why you don’t see it, lil fish.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Again, you’re being silly, and now narrow minded. I do have a deep roster, like most of the paying base. There is a time crunch happening to us, but I get why you don’t see it, lil fish.

lmao, you poor thing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

lmao, you poor thing.

Good thing we finance this game for y’all. #respect

SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    You're the one being silly. If you don't want to play the game don't. But stop whining about stuff that really doesn't take that long.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

lmao, you poor thing.

one could argue that "whales" actually ruined the gaming industry and are the reason for all these shifty freemium games made by "greedy" companies that overprice their product because they know the "whales" will still buy it.
    So thank you? ;)
    Anyway, that's not why i commented "you poor thing". It's because you callled that other guy narrow minded for now reason at all and felt the need to belittle him by calling him a "lil fish". That's just sad imo. But hey, atleast you spend fudge tons of money on the game.
  • All of this bickering aside, there is a time crunch issue.
    Whenever someone from our guild leaves the game, the reason is because of the time requirement. TWs take a ton of time for dedicated players. Competitive players in top end guilds spend tons of time re-modding their toons for tws, tbs, etc.
    it does take up a large chunk of time.
    Someone having an issue with spending several hours between events doesn’t mean that they “don’t want to play the game”.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    All of this bickering aside, there is a time crunch issue. For a very small minority of top competitive guilds
    Whenever someone from our guild leaves the game, the reason is because of the time requirement. TWs take a ton of time for dedicated players. Competitive players in top end guilds spend tons of time re-modding their toons for tws, tbs, etc.
    it does take up a large chunk of time. Thats a choice
    Someone having an issue with spending several hours between events doesn’t mean that they “don’t want to play the game”.

FYP

Also this is not negative so don't take it that way and when i look at your post I agree that you and the 50 people in your guild and a small minority of other guilds have this issue.

I'm just not sure why people think 500,000 people have to wait 3 days between a TW and a TB or more time between TW's because 3,000 people don't want to move mods around.

The right answer is a QOL that let's you save mod configurations for a one button fix. Not trying to mandate a slow down in the game.

^^^^^^^^ and anyone here that disagrees with with the above sentence with a QOL for mods is just here to whine and complain <
    (not directed at anyone in particular)

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2018

LOL you poor thing

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Guess Bonior was right

"People with big egos have a way of cutting other people down when they're stroking themselves," says Bonior. "Take a step back and ask, 'Are they the end-all objective yard stick of anything?' No, of course not. If someone has a huge ego, their own lens is skewed. They're always going to view things in a way that makes them better than you. It's not accurate."

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    All of this bickering aside, there is a time crunch issue. For a very small minority of top competitive guilds

FYP

Also this is not negative so don't take it that way and when i look at your post I agree that you and the 50 people in your guild and a small minority of other guilds have this issue.

I'm just not sure why people think 500,000 people have to wait 3 days between a TW and a TB or more time between TW's because 3,000 people don't want to move mods around.

The right answer is a QOL that let's you save mod configurations for a one button fix. Not trying to mandate a slow down in the game.

^^^^^^^^ and anyone here that disagrees with with the above sentence with a QOL for mods is just here to whine and complain <

QOL for mods would solve a lot, but it won’t happen. We have been asking for it forever and it’s been ignored. It’s not an oversight, it’s an intentional decision.

That aside, “the 50 people in my guild and small minority of others like it” are at end game. If your guild isn’t part of this “small minority”, you will be eventually.
    And once you are, you will understand why it’s an issue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

FYP

That aside, “the 50 people in my guild and small minority of others like it” are at end game. If your guild isn’t part of this “small minority”, you will be eventually.
    And once you are, you will understand why it’s an issue.

You're in that "smal minority" by choice though. It's not so much about roster size or money spend, but more about level of commitment. I'm fairly certain it will always remain a small minority because of that. The majority of players simply isn't that competative.
    That doesn't mean that the game can't get too timeconsuming even for casual players. Or that the devs shouldn't keep a close eye on the most fanatic players in the game and try to make sure they don't all burn out.
  • Quite honestly I don't see the time sink either, including TW. HAAT is the biggest one. TW, day one - 2 seconds to press join. Day 2, if you are organised then you could have saved defensive squads, everyone should be, on average deploying 5 which are often mostly the same (may increase a bit for high GP guilds), must take at least 2 minutes. Day 3 most time, you have your attacks. If you win them all again on average that is 5 each to clear the board, let us suppose you fail half of them then that is 10. I can appreciate if leaders are really going to town and organising who attacks what then they have a big time sink but others don't. Still, you are not looking at much time. Lastly, if you don't want to do it don't join every TW (ok guild rules may apply but if they are overly onerous for you then you are in wrong guild and need one that fits better).

On other areas there are some QoL things coming but on the flip side I expect new raid may turn out to take more time than TW does, I doubt anyone will be opening it and pressing auto any time soon.