Small Guild Struggles

Prev1
Being in a Small Guild sucks under the Current Meta.
Large Guilds get better access to Raids based solely on Size.
Smaller Guilds are just left out.

I get that a guild has to work together daily to access Raids. I'm with that. I believe it to be the right philosophy.

But, a Player can only earn 600 raid tickets a day. So 4, 6, or 8 members have to wait months for the smallest Raid= 30,000 tickets
( 5 x 600= 3,000 Tickets) And most Raids cost 45,000- 90,000 tickets.
But if a Guild has 30-50 members, it has almost daily access to raids.
(30 x 600= 18,000 Tickets)

So, the Smaller Guilds just don't have access in a meaningful way to Raids, or the Rewards that are Locked behind Them.
Which makes most Small Guilds just disband, in order to progress. So, They can never developed bigger.
(I'm not sure if from a Tech Server stand point if it is better to have a few Large Guilds vs. Lots of Small/ Medium Guilds)

Every M.M.O. has this Bias against Small Guilds.
Star Trek Online, World of Tanks, World of Warships, Sim City Build It, Warcraft, etc.
Small Guilds, Fleets, Clans, etc are discouraged by the Meta.

So, Capital Games/ Electronic Arts- Can You break the Bias Mold?
1 solution is to tie the Raid entry barrier to Guild numbers. Not arbitrary thresholds.
A 5-10 member Guild has to put 4-7 days of teamwork together.
11-20 member Guild has to put 2-4 days
20+ members has to put 1-2 days.

It just takes making the Raid threshold Variable instead of Static and arbitrary.
With Guild Size as the Variable for the Threshold.
Keep the 600/day Ticket earning limit. Just make the Threshold Reachable.

I bought Gin Erso, but I can never get Her Leveled Up, because Her Shards are behind the Guild Store Barrier.
And The Raids are how I can earn the Guild Currency to Level Her.
So, Drat.

So, many Characters are Blocked and unaccessible for Small Guild players.

I don't see Territory Wars being viable for Small Guilds. The Bigger Guilds can just overwhelm with Sheer numbers. So, that is a thing.
But, Territory Wars don't seem to block Us from earning any Guild Currency to level characters.
( I seriously don't know, because I have none of the qualifying characters to try the feature)

So, Capitol Games/ Electronic Arts, can You break the Bias Mold and be the 1 Developer to Show the little guys some Luv?

I see many of the Allies that are in My *Invite Allies* screen haven't been active for 150-200+ days. Level 50-60-70 players that put all the work in to this game. With No Guild, and Not Active for 150-200+ days???

Which tells Me that They just Quit and Uninstalled. This can encourage those newer players to stick around and stay invested.
Given the Level Rank and then Quiting- I assume They couldn't get beyond Lv 8 gear. (Where I am currently) because it is locked behind the Guild Wall.
And at this high of a Level- those Bigger Guilds only want Members that have Max Gear, Top Level, Max Star characters
FOR TERRITORY BATTLES. (Which I kinda Get, what Guild wants to lose because it accepted some new members that needs to level up, and sacrifice losing those Uber prizes)

This is why Small Guilds have a place. Allow the players to grow, and the Guilds will eventually grow as well. Making the other Features of Guilds more competive.

Star Trek Online is a Great Example of Stagnation. Small Fleets take 1-2 years to build Fleet Holdings. Just to get Elite Weapons, Pets, etc.
Large Fleets only take a week or two to build Fleet Holdings. Large Fleets don't have any reason to accept new members. They only use it as a resource for Gear.

I enjoyed the access to Top Level Gear, but it was so impersonal.

I left My Fleet because it was selfish and nobody even used the chat, unless They wanted to sell crafted gear.
I starred a Small Fleet and it is a Grind to build all those Holdings with 7 members. But, We are tight knit and actually talk.
I think that makes a community better. I'd rather have the Fleet that I have now, and lose access to the Top Gear, vs. the impersonal nature of the Big Guys.

We have Upgraded 2 holdings and are working on Our 3rd.

Anyway, I have My own Biased against Large Teams, that are just impersonal and selfish. So, Yes I am guilty.
But, I believe in the Little Guys and how They build players into communities.

Replies

• I didn't bother to read your entire post because after a few lines I decided it was just waffle. Anyway I think I got the idea. If you're in a small guild, that's your choice so get on with it and stop complaining. Or you could join a full guild where you'll progress with the game much faster.
    My guild of 50 is tight knit, mainly F2P and we all talk actively on discord about the game and life. It's a brilliant, relaxed environment. We are hitting 41* in TBs and have won the last 9 TWs. Your experience with larger guilds must have been truly awful if you're so against them to not want to join another, but you should give it a shot. Hell, you could even take your current guildmates with you and do a merger with a guild that is more than a few members short.
  • I agree with dooku, I’ve done small guilds, worked my roster, gone to a bigger guild, worked some more and moved up a few more times, now sitting in a 94mil guild and happy to be there! Yes it’s a hard slog in a lower guild but it just means to move when you have to
  • Merger???
    Didn't see that Feature anywhere.

And I am not complaining Dooku for Days.
    I have already Leveled 30 characters to 7stars, Gear 8, Level 78.
    I do alright for Myself. I have been helping My Team grow from Lv20 and happy to do so.
    I wanna see Them excel beyond Me.

Unfortunately, this Meta doesn't a lot such a Favorable chance of that.
    Nor do any other M.M.O.'s..

This was supposed to be a Feedback to the Developers.
    Perhaps I clicked the wrong section.
    I am challenging Capitol Games/ Electronic Arts to Improve Their Mid Level Drop Out Rate.

I don't have to complain about My position. I do decent enough.
    So, what if I can't upgrade Gin Erso. I have plenty of Characters that work.

I am trying to see that small players can grow, thru teamwork and accomplishment. Which currently is linked to 1path. Be with the Bigger Guys. Hmmm. This can improve and I am making such to be a challenge for the Developers.

It is Refreshing to Hear that You have an Enjoyable relationship with Your Team. Truly Refreshing.

I like this Game for it's Player Level Based challenge Mode.
    A Player at Level 30 can compete in Squad Arena against Level 30 squads and reach rank 1.

Other M.M.O.s will put all Player Levels against each other.
    I like that They include this Player Level format.

Again, I wanna see this Great Game more accessible for Players. That Mid Level Drop Out Rate is Sad and should be addressed by the Developers. It should be challenging, but not exclusive to players.

So, I thought that I would try the Feedback button, but I think I am in the wrong section.
    Oops, drat, and oh well :-)
  • My feeling on this topic is developers prefer large number of players grouped together to get the results they are looking for. As long as most of a guild wants players to go in a certain direction they can push others to go that same route. I personally wouldn't be in a guild if it basically wasn't necessary. If you want to advance at the same rate as others in your arena you will have to join a 50/50 guild. If your not going to you really don't have much to complain about. The developers made all guild related content based on 50/50 guilds. If I was you I would go to the recruitment/merge section of the forums and merge into another guild. It's for you and your guilds benefit.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Merger???
    Didn't see that Feature anywhere.

It's not a specific feature, it's something two guilds get together and decide to do. Mechanically, it involves one's members actually joining the other.
    Merger???

This was supposed to be a Feedback to the Developers.
    Perhaps I clicked the wrong section.
    I am challenging Capitol Games/ Electronic Arts to Improve Their Mid Level Drop Out Rate.

This is a forum. You can intend your comments for the Devs, but you can't stop other people from commenting on it. People will always chime in with their own opinions, advice, and whatnot, including explaining to you why the thing you are requesting is highly unlikely to happen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The idea for "larger guilds" is not about a bias against small guild, but insulation for game longevity.

In a larger group, you are likely to have more people leading and helping.

Losing 2 players would be less likely to have a drastic effect on 50 players, even 40 players.

2 people leaving in a guild of 20 or less could cause not only a guild to disband, but possible the loss of players. This could turn 2 leaving into 10 or more in such a case.
  • Oh, I am not bothered by other peoples opinions or Their saying Them. Chime in as You feel.
    This was never about My personal need.

I went out on a limb for others, and a possible Quality of Life improvement.
    As unlikely as it might be to achieve- Not trying only guarantees failure.

I have no idea if from a Tech Server stand point, if it is better to have a few large guilds, vs. lots of small/ medium guilds.
    That could be a possibility. Although, the number of players would still be the same.
    Perhaps the number of Files for each guild being reduced by favoring larger Guilds, increases Rams Speed? Maybe.
    Eh, 1s and 0s.

I have noticed that everybody's advice is the Same so far.
    (Get it a larger Guild)... Perhaps, only I am seeing the Mid Level Drop Out Rate as an issue?
    My suggestion is not the only Solution.

Another Solution is simpler.
    Items/ exclusively in the Guild Stores, can be made available in other stores or Locations. The Fleet Store rotates offerings. They could add them there or other stores and price according to Rarity.

I am open to any solutions that address the 2-3 issues that I see as Barriers for newer or mid level players.

The Guild Feature is Great. I won't say otherwise. But, it is a Hard Barrier for many players starting out or mid level.
    That barrier dead locks progression. Unless You join the biggest.

I have had some time to read several forums about Guilds and see that many people are the Selfish type that I experience in other M.M.O.s
    They seem quick to boot players out that don't advance their selfish aspirations. So, to those who find a supportive Guild- Blessed be You.

I am concerned about those players finding such a supportive Team and not the Selfish type. I praise the Supportive Communities and wish to see more.

But really, I ask a simple question for the Forum. Would You take on 5, 8, or 12: Level 20-45 players into Your Guild and support Their Growth? Knowing it is gonna hold You back in Territory Wars and Slow You thru Raids?
    Really would You? If So, You are an Awesome Player. If not, nobody would expect You to engage in Charity.

My goal is to challenge the Developers to open avenues for those New and Mid-Level Plyer to grow, develope, and achieve in this Game.
    I see a progression road block for players in this matter, and am hanging a lantern on it.
    Hopefully the concern is signal boosted to somebody that can see it.

I even know that there maybe nothing to be done, in the matter.
    It might be easy for a Player Level balance in Squad Arena, but impossible for a Variable Raid Threshold in Guild.

But, not trying only guarantees failure.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018

But really, I ask a simple question for the Forum. Would You take on 5, 8, or 12: Level 20-45 players into Your Guild and support Their Growth? Knowing it is gonna hold You back in Territory Wars and Slow You thru Raids?
    Really would You? If So, You are an Awesome Player. If not, nobody would expect You to engage in Charity.

I was recently in a small guild which the guild founder set up for the purpose of helping new players develop and/or guaranteeing himself and two friends a top 3 finish in every raid. It doesn't necessarily have to be charity.

The small players contributed tickets and the big players soloed the raids giving the small guys access to gear.
  • If your levels are that low I would suggest trying to get ahold of some big multiple guild alliance. A lot of those have a development guild that has low level players. Also as your rosters grow you can move up to higher powered guilds in the same alliance. Honestly starting a new guild is really hard. Recruiting is almost impossible.
  • You'll also gain a lot of knowledge on what characters aren't worth your time and which characters are must haves.
  • Oh, I am not bothered by other peoples opinions or Their saying Them. Chime in as You feel.
    This was never about My personal need.

I went out on a limb for others, and a possible Quality of Life improvement.
    As unlikely as it might be to achieve- Not trying only guarantees failure.

I have no idea if from a Tech Server stand point, if it is better to have a few large guilds, vs. lots of small/ medium guilds.
    That could be a possibility. Although, the number of players would still be the same.
    Perhaps the number of Files for each guild being reduced by favoring larger Guilds, increases Rams Speed? Maybe.
    Eh, 1s and 0s.

I have noticed that everybody's advice is the Same so far.
    (Get it a larger Guild)... Perhaps, only I am seeing the Mid Level Drop Out Rate as an issue?
    My suggestion is not the only Solution.

Another Solution is simpler.
    Items/ exclusively in the Guild Stores, can be made available in other stores or Locations. The Fleet Store rotates offerings. They could add them there or other stores and price according to Rarity.

I am open to any solutions that address the 2-3 issues that I see as Barriers for newer or mid level players.

The Guild Feature is Great. I won't say otherwise. But, it is a Hard Barrier for many players starting out or mid level.
    That barrier dead locks progression. Unless You join the biggest.

I have had some time to read several forums about Guilds and see that many people are the Selfish type that I experience in other M.M.O.s
    They seem quick to boot players out that don't advance their selfish aspirations. So, to those who find a supportive Guild- Blessed be You.

I am concerned about those players finding such a supportive Team and not the Selfish type. I praise the Supportive Communities and wish to see more.

My goal is to challenge the Developers to open avenues for those New and Mid-Level Plyer to grow, develope, and achieve in this Game.
    I see a progression road block for players in this matter, and am hanging a lantern on it.
    Hopefully the concern is signal boosted to somebody that can see it.

I even know that there maybe nothing to be done, in the matter.
    It might be easy for a Player Level balance in Squad Arena, but impossible for a Variable Raid Threshold in Guild.

But, not trying only guarantees failure.

First off, you do realize that in order to hit higher tiers and progress faster, you need to either grow your guild into a larger group of players, . .. . . . . Or join a larger guild,

Secondly, are you trying to imply that the Devs should somehow retool everything to promote partial guilds? And reward folks for not maxing out their numbers and tickets etc?

There are plenty of avenues for new to mid level players to grow and build , IF they wish to. As a matter of fact there have been several changes made to the game since it launched that has helped speed up and promote new player growth compared to how it was in the beginning. However, if the game requires you to have a 40-50 (ideally 50 ) people in a guild, then that is just part of how you access the mid to high end content, whether we are talking about raids, TW, TB, whichever.

If you refuse to either develop your guild , as many many many players have done since guilds were introduced quite a while back, then why should you have access in a speedy fashion to the top end content that is DESIGNED for a FULL guild?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Low level people can get into full guilds as well. They don't need to get into top tier guilds, they can just get 50 low level people together and grow together to the point that they can eventually beat heroic raids and improve their TB stars. The question of large vs. small guild is really independent of the question of helping low level players. New players are placed in arena with other new players - there's no need for them to try to catch up to or compete against long term players.
  • Alliance???

I didn't see that feature either.

I noticed that somebody joined a Guild that used the Lower Leveled players to Help His Friends get Top Rating.
    That is Parasitic isn't?
    No Bueno.
  • Oh, wait.
    They solo'd the Raid and Gave away the Gear.
    Top Marks to them.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Low level people can get into full guilds as well. They don't need to get into top tier guilds, they can just get 50 low level people together and grow together to the point that they can eventually beat heroic raids and improve their TB stars. The question of large vs. small guild is really independent of the question of helping low level players. New players are placed in arena with other new players - there's no need for them to try to catch up to or compete against long term players.

Just curious who this was referring to?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh, wait.
    They solo'd the Raid and Gave away the Gear.
    Top Marks to them.

Everyone got to get raid rewards, the big guys killed the raid bosses that the little guys could barely scratch.

The big guys got to get top reward the little guys got to run raids that their rosters couldn't deserve and get good rewards.

Alliance???

I didn't see that feature either.

Not a feature. It's an outside the game feature of human interaction

If you are in a small guild why not recruit for it. Spend 15 minutes a day in the recruitment isection of this forum, send pms bring people in. Focus on new players as they wont mind too much being in a small guild as they get something out of it build up your roster to 50.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

Just curious who this was referring to?

The OP's 3rd post. I just didn't quote it because it was sooooooo long.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hard to do but would be personally more rewarding to develop your own guild. No matter what you do if you find yourself unhappy in any guild setting don't stay because you feel obligated. I've switched guilds numerous times sometimes for personal preference reasons others for roster development and even just for a change of pace when the game felt stagnant.
  • Ghost Truckin-
    Yes, I realize They must Grow. I have already said that Guilds are a Great feature.

I also see that it is a Road Block to players.
    You seem to be focused on the Gear aspect. Colonel Stark, Imperial Droid, Gin Erso, and other Characters are only accessible here. Maybe in a Blue Moon available in Shipments.

Gear is Locked out for many players. As well as many characters.
    I will exclude Hon Solo and General Kenobi because They are Exclusives. (Much like Yoda, Jedi Rey are exclusives to Event challenges)
    But, the other characters are Sold in the Store, but then Locked away to the few Select players.

So, yup. I see issues.

Your version of only the Largest Teams would be understandable if it only applied in Guild.
    However, it does not. Larger Guild Members get higher gear for characters, then take those characters into Squad. And the Computer uses those Squad Teams against You in Galactic.

Meaning Lower and Mid Level Players have their Progression hindered in areas outside of Guild features.
    Which makes barriers for Them, in progression. Yes, I see issues.

As for the notion that 50 is the Uber Only? I disagree.
    It says "Up to 50 maximum" not 50 or nothing.

It is the participation in a group that enables the access, in theory. Players should be able to play with 10 friends and enjoy the experience. Or make 10 friends in game and enjoy the experience.
    Not, only enjoy an experience if You are apart of the largest team. I don't see value in such a thought.
    Perhaps I am the only one that sees that Drop Out rate as a problem? I may even be wrong that it is a problem. Maybe everybody dropped and broke their phones and tablets, and couldn't remember Their Goggle Play account passwords and had to start over.

As for asking a Developer to ReTool a feature to benefit players, Yes I am asking that.
    It is a common idea. Player feedback to improve the Gaming experience. It happens a lot.
    They have patch notes, and such in these games.

Because of Player Feedback, Galactic War will soon become a Sim Battle once You win enough.
    Players asked and They figured it out.

I think there is about a 2% chance that any developer will see this. And 0.0000000001% chance that something can be done.
    I am still gonna try
  • Promia, I like how You see it. You make a reasonable topic.

But, I did already praise the Developers for Player Level based competition in Arena. A level 20 player faces Level 20s and can reach Rank 1. (Not a level 20 vs a Level 80 and get crushed) I believe that Galactic works on the Same kind of Formula. So, it has Healthy degrees of Challenge.

Although about Level 65-75 ish, I noticed opponents with Gear 9-10 were coming in. Some times it was a Curb Stomp.
    I got washed by a Squad that had Squad Power 37,000 level 68 and I have Squad Power 52,000 Level 75.
    So, I started looking at Squads before fighting. Gear 9 you can fight with gear 8 and have a Challenge, but win. Gear 10 and You are Toast.

So, I have some decent Teams. Not Uber Juggernauts. But they can scrap nicely. I can manage.
    I just wonder what Lower Level players have to do. They are Deeper when they face that.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    It is really difficult to do in arena without good gear and for that raids really help.

This means a good guild is essential.
  • Well, I read some other Forums.
    The idea seems to be common. Use Discord or other Forums to recruit players.

Which should be a major red flag that The Feature is Broken. And because it can influence other features leaves them cracked.
    I'll explain with a comparison. If You buy a box of Hamburger Helper from the Grocery Store. Get Home a read the Instructions:
    #1) Go next door use the water from the dogs dish to boil pasta.
    #2) Go 3 counties over find a cow. Kick it in the Head until unconscious. Drag home. Cut off and Grind Meat.
    #3) Find an Iron Ore deposit, mine ore then Refine metal, forge into pans.
    #4) Boil pasta, brown meat. Drain both and combine in one pan. Add ingredient packet.
    #5) Simmer for 30 minutes.
    #6) Serve with Salt and Pepper to taste.

That would be rediculous.
    You would expect to remain in Your kitchen cooking.

This is just as weird to Me. Going to Discord, Facebook, Instagram, Forums, 4Chan and Others recruiting.
    Such efforts at that point are wasteful of energy. You might as well Sell Avon at that point. At least You will be getting money and some Skin Care product for Your efforts.

Because- And everybody say it at the Same Time. YOU ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME. You are just working on research and not experiencing the Game. That makes a feature broken.

And I am not saying that Small Teams should be Participation Trophied in with the Big guys.
    That is Equality of Outcome. And not what I am saying at All.

I am talking about Equality of Opportunity. Where You still have to Earn an Outcome.
    You still have to Play Your Dailys as a Team.
    You Still have Compete against the Challenge.
    Still have to Win, to have the Outcome.

Simply Allowing a Reasonable entry Threshold that doesn't favor only a few.
    Especially when the feature can cascade into other features hindering other Progression.

I even see the points others that are more Veteran than Me make. I agree on some level with Their hearts.
    They did Their due in such a way, that makes it seem like I am wanting it easier for Me. I am not.
    I like this Game because of the Long Term format.

I do fairly well against most opponents. But I can see it not being workable for newer players LongTerm. These Barriers are gonna get Steeper with Time due to Power Creep. And really affect the next generation of Game Players.

My Point Will always be simple, show the Small guys some Love and They will Love You.
    I tried to point out an issue.

Will it help others game experience? I think so.
    In the mean time, I am gonna help My teammates Grow to go further in this Wonderful Game.
  • darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Paragraphs bro.

par·a·graph
    ˈperəˌɡraf
    noun
    a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.

Anyways, easy answer is to go into guild recruitment. Find a guild or guilds of your similar size and all merge for a win/win. Get 50 members and grow together.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Actually the use of external communication is best explained by the adage: Don't try to out Amazon, Amazon.

The dev team is here to make a game, they rightfully so do not want to waste time to try and make the best communication situation possible. They leave that to the people who are committed to doing that. They made a serviceable substitute that will suit the casual with maybe a little extra on the Forum. Once you hit a certain level you move onto a 3rd party communication app.
  • Haha, Yes Paragraphs.

I am not writing a proper book. And I have to type in a way that can be read on small mobile screens.
    Besides, who cares about grammatical edequite when PPL, Lol, CLS thru conversations?
  • 3rd party?

Yup, not going that route. I'll stay in Game because this is where the Game is.

That other Logic is just broken logic.
  • I know someone who has been a leader of a small guild and it is a struggle. That person moved on to be in a different guild and is happier for it.

The fact of the matter is, if you start up a random guild and accept anyone who randomly joins, then you're obviously going to get a very random assortment of individuals. These individuals include persons like yourself who want to strive for greatness, and that's wonderful, but these individuals also include a bunch who have no clue what they're doing and have no interest in figuring it out. You'll see a lot of these random people ignore the chat completely and all rules that are posted. A lot of them will never join you on Discord, if they ever say a single word at all. The fact is, a small guild is almost always going to be a majority of players without a goal in mind, with a handful of goal-oriented players simply becoming frustrated due to a lack of progress (this is you, in this case).

The problem isn't with the game, at least as far as not progressing is concerned, that shortcoming falls on the players. When you have a guild full of 50 strangers who never talk, coordinate, or do anything outside of whatever strikes their fancy at the moment, you can't really expect to achieve any real progress. It's a sad state of affairs for the few and far between who want to progress, but the reality is that random players without goals hold you back. You won't find those players in bigger guilds because that's where all the goal-oriented people eventually end up.

If you come back and tell me that your entire guild gets their 600 each day without fail, has HPit and HAAT teams in the works alongside teams for both TBs (and both unique missions), then I will go ahead and say "Just stick with it, you'll eventually get there."

If you can't tell me that, then see above.
  • Well, I can for the Most part, each Team Mate makes Their 600 daily. Yes.
    I've missed a few days because of work. But everybody has days.

None of Them have Yet done a Raid. It has Taken this Long to get 28,000. Soon They will get a shot.
    I did one months ago. It was along time before anybody accepted an invite. I got there solo. It was a funny looking Rancor. So tiny and cute.

I don't do this for Me. I help others.
    So, I know about grinds. Not everybody wants to be in a mass. I play with Friends on Sim City Build it. 12 in Our Mayors Club. Size doesn't matter there as much. It is the Fun of Friends there. You are describing a business basically. Eh, how can that be Fun?

I hope My efforts grow Our Guild, but the Feature is busted and need to be looked at.
    Or, it can remain busted and get more Power Creep'd until it shatters.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

You aren't helping them by encouraging them to stay in a guild that never raids.
  • Liath wrote: »

You aren't helping them by encouraging them to stay in a guild that never raids.

Exactly. When I hear arguments like this, the first thing that pops in my mind is "You kinda just wanna be in charge, right? Be honest."

Maybe this doesn't describe you, or maybe you just don't know that it does. Either way, there is no reason to sit around in a small guild and miss out on the game's content because.... Why? You don't like big guilds? Why not? There are plenty of bigger guilds out there who are not bossy and do not mistreat their members.

Perhaps it does sound like a business, but that's how this game runs. If you don't like that, I'm afraid there isn't much to be done about it. The game's entire format isn't likely to change based on your likes and dislikes, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.