Questions for Devs (repost from Reddit)

I had asked these questions on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7x4bo4/dear_devs_questions/)

And a few redditors said to take a few moments and post them here as well.

I keep seeing posts that read "Why do the **** Devs do this" and "Why don't the **** devs ever do this"

I thought I might just ask (its okay if you don't have time to answer, I just wanted to try politely asking, instead of ranting.

I also want to say that I understand you are a business, no 'buts', so if the answer is just "That is the most profitable way to do things", then I completely understand.

1 - Why are there so few ships?

2 - Why are there attempt limits on some nodes and not others?

3 - Why is there no "unequip all" button for mods?

4 - Why is the arena presented three opponents at a time?

5 - Why, if they are static, are the odds of item and shard drops not explicit?

6 - Why is there no rule-book or mechanic reference (or an EA explication of how stats work)?

7 - Is there a particular reason that certain 'obvious' content is missing? (Like a Millennium Falcon which either Raid Han or Trooper Han can pilot, a Tie Interceptor, or an X-Wing for Luke?)

8 - Is there a particular restriction on what sorts of questions you can answer, and if so, what can you tell us about why certain information is unavailable?

9 - Why is there short notice of so many of the unit-requiring-events?

10 - How do you feel about the fact that, despite the popularity of your game and all the hard work you do, which most of us appreciate, there are many vocal fans who are still very bummed out about the state of the game?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. May the Force be with you, fellow galactic citizen :)

Replies

• Pulls up a chair and :popcorn:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • i am also waiting in anticipation :)
  • 1. Player disinterest and minimal farming locations
    2. Encourage crystal spending
    3. Next QoL is almost guarantee to
    4. Been there from the start where it didn't matter
    5. I don't see why they wouldn't be static
    6. Clicking the stats on the character show a description of the stat on the right side, unless you mean exact number stuff like armor and offensive numbers
    7. Save for big updates and/or feigning interest
    8. Of course there's restrictions
    9. Encourage pack buying
    10. It's inevitable
  • Thanks for the feedback. This is the current unofficial response :)
  • Plz pass that question to ahnald/mobilegamer/whoever who will go to sacramento and let dev answer directly via live streaming/podcast/whatever.

It should be ask at unexpected moment, so there will be no staged interview.

I doubt u will get the answer here.

Oh yeah, post that to answer.ea also.. the website is called "answer.ea", the purpose must be to answer questions, right?
  • 1. Money
    2. Money
    3. Money
    4. Money
    5. Money
    6. Money
    7. Money
    8. Money
    9. Money
    10. Money
  • Cute, but not terribly helpful. Thanks for your humor, citizen :)
  • 1. Money
    2. Money
    3. Money
    4. Money
    5. Money
    6. Money
    7. Money
    8. Money
    9. Money
    10. Money

Haha! My answer was gonna be:

"Short answer: Money. Long answer: To take your money."
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.