Need a little help please

Prev1
Moo
16 posts Member
There's lots of advice out there and I'm feeling confused. I tried to make a Jedi Team and tried to make a rebel team. I tried to farm characters to do the credit heist. I tried to get characters who I thought would have good synergy together. LOL! I'm a little lost. I tried to get some mods but I didn't know which ones to get and which to put on which character so I just kinda guessed. Hah!

https://swgoh.gg/u/witchcraft/

https://swgoh.gg/u/witchcraft/collection/

https://swgoh.gg/u/witchcraft/mods/

I could use a little short-term guidance. I'm mostly F2P but I spend maybe $20 every so often just to support the game and it's always used for "energy" boosts for more farming.

Thanks in advance! Oh! I'm also down to join a guild or ALLY if anyone has room left.

Cheers!

Brent

Replies

• I recommend you get Phoenix as you already have Kanan. I got Thrawn at 5* with
    Hera 5* g6
    Ezra 5* g7
    Zeb 6* g7
    Kanan 6* g7
    Chopper 5* g7
    Thrawn is great for arena. From 6000, I went up to 2500, which is great. They are useful for Palpatine too, as they had a rework. Also, for now stop farming Jedi. I used to do that, and had to restart the game. GYoda isn't that great anymore
    MS
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Wow you "restarted" your game?
  • Yeah, they were bad
    MS
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    I feel like I put so much work in already. I don't think I want to start from scratch - especially 3 toons who all need to farm / grind the cantina store which is already limited / slow.
  • This got longer than I intended. lol. Have fun reading or don't.

Everybody means well when they suggest all these teams you need to go get, and they are mostly right when they say "get a rebel team" and "get some scoundrels for the credit heist," but the one card you have that trumps every suggestion is that it is YOUR game to play the way you want, so if you want a jedi team then go get them!

A few tips for you:
    1. Do not overextend. If you try to farm everything at once, you will suffer greatly. Pick a direction and stick with it. If you decide it is time to farm up some rebels, then do it and stick to the plan. Star and gear them until you just can't stand it anymore, and then do it some more. For me in early game, this meant 5* minimum (6* preferred), g7. Gear after g8 starts to get difficult.
    2. Refresh energy with crystals. You are already doing this, good. Do at least one refresh in Cantina and one in regular battles, if you have the crystals.
    3. Skip ability mats in the cantina store. You will regret every mat you buy from there. Before long you will have massive piles of these. Buy character shards.
    4. Mods. Enhance the strengths your character already has. (Example: Lando can make it rain every single turn if he gets multiple crits on his attack. Try to make sure this happens by boosting his crit chance with mod sets, primaries, and secondaries.) One of the "better" sets early on is Crit Damage, because you can collect a set of any four from Mod Battles, level them up and you get a 30% set bonus even if they are only 1* mods. This is a big boost ... but you have to crit first, of course. Protection primaries are generally better than health mods, maybe not so great at g7, but they get progressively better as you gear up.
    5. 7* for raids. To get g8 gear, you need to start raiding, and you need to get in a guild that is doing Heroic Rancor. You will need at least one 7* character to qualify for the raid. Either stick with your guild until you are all ready for the Heroics, or sneak away in the dead of night to another one already there.
    6. Hard node farming. Part of your daily activities is to farm hard nodes. Choose wisely. Select a node with a character that can ONLY be farmed from hard nodes. Sabine comes to mind, FOST, Veers, maybe HR Soldier or even Royal Guard. These take FOREVER to collect, so start early and stick to the plan.
    7. Clone Wars Chewbacca. You can probably just stop developing him where he is. Mine is STILL L60 g7, and even that was too much. He only got his 6* because the shards eventually piled up somehow.
    8. Leave unused characters unleveled. I know you need characters for LS/DS battles, and that's fine, build those squads. But a 2* L42 g4 Ewok Scout is not going to do anything for you, so quit spending resources on him. Credits and gear are scarce, do not use them unless you have a definite purpose in mind. Characters are best left at L1 g1 until you are ready to FOCUS on them.
    9. Favorites. Take your focus characters that you are developing and put them in your favorites list. Include the characters you are gearing and shard collecting. When you pull up the character menu to see what you should work on today, use the Favorites tab. Just work on those characters. This helps with focus. Update your favorites periodically.

You have Jedi. You have Kanan. You need Ezra. Ezra is a Jedi and a Rebel, and is a vicious hitter. He qualifies for both the Palpatine and Thrawn events. He is endish-game material and available on Cantina 2B.

You should always be farming a specific character from every source as they become available, that means GW store, cantina store, arena store, guild store, fleet store, hard nodes. Stick with your farm even when you see somebody else doing great things with a different character you also want.

Have fun.
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Wow! Thanks so much for the insightful reply. I didn't even know a "favorites" existed. I admit you're right. I see the green "+" sign in the character gear and I'm thinking I should upgrade that slot! It's so fun to watch them upgrade. But then I realize - oh no!!!! One of my other characters NEEDED that component and now I have to farm it all over again!!!! SMH!!!!

Okay so I've got a ton of takeaways but I'm gonna start working on Ezra. And I think I need another Jedi tank. Kanan doesn't quite cut it. I was using Kanan with Chewbacca for a while and I switched out another healer and then QGJin. My main team isn't even making it half-way through the GW consistently so I'm hurting for those shards. Doh!
  • if you don't mind taking a break from jedi , get the rest of the phoenix squad and use hera as your lead in gw it makes it so much easier , my main i had never cleared a gw but when i started my alt first thing I did was get phoenix squad put together and i have cleared it 4 or 5 times now
  • kindlekm wrote: »
    if you don't mind taking a break from jedi , get the rest of the phoenix squad and use hera as your lead in gw it makes it so much easier , my main i had never cleared a gw but when i started my alt first thing I did was get phoenix squad put together and i have cleared it 4 or 5 times now

Yeah, they are great on defense, especially with chop. Their protection and health regen heals them up constantly, which makes them hard to bring down.
    MS
  • I guess I just feel intimidated by the amount of time it's gonna take to "re-roll" to Phoenix. I mean, by the time I farm all the characters and get them up to level 65 I'm probably looking at a few months before I'm kinda "back" to where I am now. With basically no more progress...right? Or am I looking at it wrong? I think there's like 3 of the Phoenix you can only get from Cantina and Chopper you can only get from a store that I never have points for. LOL! Am I mistaken?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Moo wrote: »
    I guess I just feel intimidated by the amount of time it's gonna take to "re-roll" to Phoenix. I mean, by the time I farm all the characters and get them up to level 65 I'm probably looking at a few months before I'm kinda "back" to where I am now. With basically no more progress...right? Or am I looking at it wrong? I think there's like 3 of the Phoenix you can only get from Cantina and Chopper you can only get from a store that I never have points for. LOL! Am I mistaken?

2 of them are in Cantina nodes (Hera and Ezra). Ezra is also in fleet. Chopper is in the cantina store, but if you are doing refreshes on cantina to farm the others then you will get more cantina currency as well. Zeb is in the GW store and Ezra is in the arena store. Sabine can only be obtained from hard nodes now, but you don't need her at the start and can just get her eventually so that you can use her ship.

Whether you go for them now or not, eventually Phoenix is pretty much mandatory to have. You can't get Thrawn without them and they are required for territory battle missions.
  • I didn’t realize what level you were that’s the same reason I temporarily gave up on Phoenix on my main getting them to 60+is a trek plus starring them up
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Okay. I think I got it. Thanks so much for the insight. I'm gonna buckle down and nose to the grindstone. It'll be a haul and I'll check nack periodically to keep you guys apprised of my progress. Thank you again and nest of luck!

Btw if anyone wants to ally or guild please let me know. Would love to join an active guild.

Brent
  • Post your ally code, I will send you a request. Tag me when you do
  • 936-533-751

Guild: S O T F
    MS
  • If you really like this game, and you can afford it, take the plunge and buy a crystal vault for $100. Use the crystals for three cantina refreshes, and 3 energy refills a day. That’s 450 crystals a day so that vault will last you at least 35 days plus you’ll be getting crystals from various activities.

1. Use cantina energy to farm Ezra and Hera.
    2. Use the tokens you get from doing cantina fights to get chopper shards from shipments.
    3. Use Galactic War tokens to get Zeb from shipments.
    4. Use arena tokens to get Kanan shards.
    5. Use regular energy to farm ..one sec need to look at your profile again and then I’ll edit this part.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    If you really like this game, and you can afford it, take the plunge and buy a crystal vault for $100. Use the crystals for three cantina refreshes, and 3 energy refills a day. That’s 450 crystals a day so that vault will last you at least 35 days plus you’ll be getting crystals from various activities.

2. Use the tokens you get from doing cantina fights to get chopper shards from shipments.
    5. Use regular energy to farm crew members. Since you already have Lumi and Consular at 6 you can finish those off plus Consular is a crew member. Boba Fett should be top priority. He’s a crew member, a scoundrel, and just a decent character to have for other things. First Order Tie Pilot is a crew member. Mace Windu and Clone Sergeant are both crew members though they are pretty mediocre as regular characters. Ashoka is a crew member. Other good farmable characters are Barris, though you already have two healers and Count Dooku.
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Post your ally code, I will send you a request. Tag me when you do

119-494-575

@EventineElessedil

Hey - sorry about the delay - was a long weekend but I made some decent progress on the Phoenix team!
  • DarthMatt2004
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Great work, just gear up your Ezra and chopper and get Zeb, and you have your Thrawn. I got him after a few attempts with a full g7, 5* team
    MS
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    If you really like this game, and you can afford it, take the plunge and buy a crystal vault for $100. Use the crystals for three cantina refreshes, and 3 energy refills a day. That’s 450 crystals a day so that vault will last you at least 35 days plus you’ll be getting crystals from various activities.

5. Use regular energy to farm crew members. Since you already have Lumi and Consular at 6 you can finish those off plus Consular is a crew member. Boba Fett should be top priority. He’s a crew member, a scoundrel, and just a decent character to have for other things. First Order Tie Pilot is a crew member. Mace Windu and Clone Sergeant are both crew members though they are pretty mediocre as regular characters. Ashoka is a crew member. Other good farmable characters are Barris, though you already have two healers and Count Dooku.

When you say "Lumi and Consular at 6 you can finish those off" what exactly do you mean?
  • Moo wrote: »

When you say "Lumi and Consular at 6 you can finish those off" what exactly do you mean?

I'm assuming get them to 7*
    MS
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Ahhh...understood. Btw, @DarthMatt2004 I sent you an ally request!
  • Now?
    MS
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Great work, just gear up your Ezra and chopper and get Zeb, and you have your Thrawn. I got him after a few attempts with a full g7, 5* team

Zeb is soooo slow with my terrible GWar progression rate. But I'm workin' on Sabine Wren as well so I'm not sure who'll be faster. LOL!
  • Problem with Sabine is she's a slow farm. Zeb is really slow, but his protection regen is very useful in gw. I tried to give him speed mods to make him faster.
    MS
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Oh wow! That's a great idea! I'm probably a little behind on my mods - cantina energy for Hera, Ezra, AND mods - sigh.
  • DarthMatt2004
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Moo wrote: »
    Oh wow! That's a great idea! I'm probably a little behind on my mods - cantina energy for Hera, Ezra, AND mods - sigh.

Yeah! I was lucky to get a 17 speed mod at the first set I did! But don't worry, focus on your Ezra and Hera, and get whoever you want. After all, Kanan and Chopper offer a lot of survivability alone

PS, I added you as my ally.
    MS
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Awesome! Thanks! Btw, I just did a bunch of stuff in a guild raid - if I hop over into your guild will I still get my points for the raids that I just did? I'm still really confused about all the guild events / points / contribution.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Right Mods.

Only farm mods through tier iii mod challenges. Any where else you are getting bad mods. Only spend credits to upgrade 4 or 5 dot mods.

Secondly a mod boosts you in three ways. One the primary stat, the secondary stats, and the set bonus.

For now you can probably only do the health mod challenge focus on that one. All your mods will be health mods so you don't need to worry about sets.

The square and the octagon have a fixed primary stat. The circle can be health or protection. You usually want protection as its a bigger % unless you are using a healer who recover health as a % of their own health.

You almost always want a speed primary arrow.

Triangle and crosses you pick a primary based on roll. For example if you are trying to debuff (for example Zeb) you want potency primary in his cross mod.

For secondary stats speed rules. You want as much speed as possible.
  • Definitely some great advice here. I was sort of in the same boat as you for a while, because I wanted this toon and that toon and that other toon over there lol. And you just can't farm that many at a time effectively.

So I slowed my roll, focused on Jedi (before I knew how weak they were), and now I have Mace at 7*, with OB, AT, JKA, and LU all ready to pop over to 6* (which will happen as soon as I finish up with getting my Rebels to 5* to nab EP).

Speaking of Events, as others have pointed out, it isn't terribly hard to get the 5* version of a character that you want, so long as you meet the prerequisites. I was able to get GMY at 5*, and I was only level 55 average with my toons, Gear tier 4-6, going against a level 70 boss. Admittedly, it required some luck as Mace got Shatterpoint three times in a row, but it worked lol.

I definitely agree with everyone on farming Phoenix, because as has been mentioned, you need them for Thrawn, they are Rebels so they can help you get EP as well, they are decent for a while in Arena, and GW is all about sustainability. It took me a week of being an ****, using Mace as lead in GW, before I realized, "Hey, wait, I have Luminara!" I swapped her into lead, and her heal plus evasion has worked wonders for me and I've been completing GW pretty much every day since (except for those rare occasions where I am forced to fight a team 15 levels higher than mine in all purple gear).
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Oh wow! There's a LOT to know about mods...sigh. I think I have to shelve this until I can farm the ones you recommended - tier 3?