Sith Marauder Potentially Required in Platoons. General question.

Strubz
429 posts Member
edited February 2018
The average cost of getting a Marquee toon to 7 stars is over $200. TThis in absolutely no way in anyone's wildest imagination improves the player experience. It is one the biggest slaps in the face.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/158610/content-update-2-13-2018-hf/p1?new=1

So my question is...can you just sell the toon at 7 stars for 200 bucks straight so I don't need to buy the packs? I don't like gambling.

EDIT:
Updated title with the word "potentially" to reflect the edit made in CG forum post. Question still stands.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• You don't like gambling? How's that RNG working for you? :p
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    You don't like gambling? How's that RNG working for you? :p

I love it! But only when I win.
  • In a honesty though, negativity aside, it would be far easier to pay for a toon outright than buying packs to simulate the trading card experience. Or leave that option in but add more options to directly pay for the full toon at 7 star for those who don't feel comfortable with the gambling aspect of opening packs.

There is already legislation on the floor in Hawaii to address this sort of situation. Wondering how something like that would impact this game if it passes.

• Or you could go spend that 200 dollars on a month of groceries. Or an entire ps4. Or 4 brand new full games. How about not putting large parts of the game behind a $200+ paywall. That would be a better solution to this platoon problem.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    In a honesty though, negativity aside, it would be far easier to pay for a toon outright than buying packs to simulate the trading card experience. Or leave that option in but add more options to directly pay for the full toon at 7 star for those who don't feel comfortable with the gambling aspect of opening packs.

There is already legislation on the floor in Hawaii to address this sort of situation. Wondering how something like that would impact this game if it passes.

Or make the packs actually worth it. When you bought a Pokémon or yu-gi-oh or magic gathering card pack in the past it was like 5 dollars for 40-50 cards. And while there were rare cards. Every card you got was somewhat immediately usable. It’s 200 dollars for a single character. Then probably 200 more to gear that character up. With constantly moving goalposts. That is s***ing on the idea of trading card “gambling” that actually was fair in the past