What to do with the leftovers?

Hey, everyone -

I've moved some toons around and I think it's improved my squads overall. But now I don't know what to do with my leftovers.

For example, I put Chopper in Phoenix and took out Zeb. Now the whole team is G10. But what do I do with my G9 Zeb? Who might he fit with besides Phoenix?

And what about my Nighsisters? I'm happily running zzMT (L), zVentress, Daka, Acolyte, and Zombie. But that leaves a decently geared Initiate, Talia, and a mediocre Spirit. Can I put them with anyone to make a decent third-string team?

Don't get me started on my extra Jedi. My Team Alpha is zQGJ (L), zBarriss, GM Yoda, Ahsoka, and Aayla. Since my GK is still wimpy, I guess I'll run an Ima Gun-Di lead for my Beta team, with some combination of Mace, Kit Fisto, Anakin, Luminara, Plo Koon, Guardian, and Consular? That's aaalmost enough for two more teams instead of one! Who's the best of the worst?

And who goes perfectly with the rest of my Hoth Team? I finally have Rebel Leia (L), Taun-Taun Killin' Han, Hoth Soldier, and Hoth Scout... we need someone else in theme. Or at least who kind of fits. Is this where I stick my lost and lonely Boba Fett?

Where would you guys put these foos and what do you do with YOUR sad leftovers?

Sam UX

Replies

• Options
    In fridge
  • Options
    I've dump them, strip their mods. What's left is regret why i bother upgrade them spend resources knowing one day they are useless
  • Options
    You don't really need to do anything with the leftovers.
    Team building is all situational, depending on who you want to face. In Arena, you want 1 or 2 best of breed teams. In Territory Battles, you need up to 4 teams that are almost fixed, since some of them are set in stone (Bounty Hunters, Imperial Troopers, the rest is either Empire or perhaps Sith for DS; Phoenix, Rogue One and various flavours of Rebels for LS).

In Territory Wars, you want teams that will be as tough as possible to beat (under AI) for defence, and flexible teams able to take down a CLS/Rey/Thrawn/... team on offense.

So yes a whole bunch of your collection will all be part of a single "cheerleaders" team that will fit perfectly on your bench... Eeth Koth, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, NS Spirit, Talia, the Hoth brothers, Poggle the Lesser,... On a rare occasion, you might want to call them in to finish a team that's already half dead (except if the remaining half is Cdr. Luke Skywalker, Oppress, Kylo Ren... those guys will single handedly mop up your full B-grade team of Jedi or Geonosians, one after the other, and finish with more health/protection than they started with).
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Put them in platoons.
  • Options
    In fridge
    Liath wrote: »
    Put them in platoons.

You guys are super-helpful. LOL.

Never mind. More and more when I post here, I find I get irritated or sarcastic remarks as often as I get no remarks at all. Bummer, because I'm genuinely enthusiastic to chat about the game and happy to listen. Oh well. =/
  • Options
    Use them in territory wars. If I have a somewhat decent five character squad, such as a former arena team, I usually set them on defense. If I have a strong character who doesn't fit into anything, I'll use them situationally on offense. Zeb, for example, could be good to use against a mildly undergeared CLS team, since he provide daze on his basic
  • Options
    @SamuraiUX
    Wampa would be perfect for your Hoth Team B)

I get the feeling you maybe just are wanting to toss ideas around for fun?
    (Otherwise, the above responses are pretty much on point.)

You could run your weak GK as lead with Lumi, JC, Barriss and Ahsoka and just spam heals and watch the mayhem. :D
  • Options
    Haha yeah definitely in the fridge or the freezer might keep even better.

As for me im still waiting for jedi rework.
  • Options
    Well platoon fillers are important for TW. I would not strip mods, you can use SWGOH.gg mod tool to find mods if they are on a toon but if not installed you have to manually review them. Just hang on to the odd balls, eventually you need them.
    Personally I would keep Zeb on Phoenix and drop Sabine, his team buffs are better than her attacks in the long run. If you don’t have Thrawn yet, you will see how you have to use their abilities to survive the final phase.
  • Options
    Seriously use some outside the box think king and thrown together teams can beat surprisingly good squads in tw.
  • Options
    Zeb you used as example is actually a good toon
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    zeb > sabine. ns are fine. jedi are pretty bad in general besides gk/zarriss. gl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    The first thing you should do is put Zeb back into your Phoenix team and take out either Sabine or Chopper, depending on whether you need offense or defense more.
  • Options
    Another vote for Zeb. He is one of the holy trinity of phoenix with Kanan and Hera. The others are interchangeable, those 3 are not.
  • Options
    Put. Zeb. Back.
    You can't change Hera, Kanan and Zeb.
  • Options
    Whichever phoenix member you don't use can fit into a mixed up rebel team or Ezra can fit into a Jedi team.
  • Options
    For your Phoenix squad you will benefit from gearing them as crew members for the ships so the gear invested is not wasted. Also their rebel tag makes them easier to include in s rebel squad (maybe not your A-team but eventually you’ll get enough toons for several squads). Nightsisters have less natural synergy with toons that don’t have NS affiliation but you can always use them in TWs to clean up so I wouldn’t remove any mods. All characters might also be useful to fill platoons or to deploy in TBs.
  • Options
    If you insist on not using Zeb on your phoenix squad, I find he works decently well with a Jyn lead as he provides debuffs on both his basic and his special attack. Honestly, he's a better than average toon in just about any rebel led team (CLS, Jyn, ROLO, etc.). Daze and stagger are 2 of the best mechanics in the game.
  • Options
    Our guild fills weaker toons in the front of our map just to burn out there stronger toons on the other team. A good CLS or GK can wipe out a Jedi Ahsoka lead with Night sisters leftovers, but that will take out a CLS or GK for the rest of the war. Early platoons call for weaker toons, so they are good there. Anyone with a ship is never useless. So max out every pilot. If they are truly worthless, just star them up over gearing them up. A 7 star lobot could be the make or break on filling a platoon over a 2 star doing nothing.
  • Options
    I split my NS up into 2 teams for TB and TW. Talzin, Zombie, Spirit, Acolyte and Savage on one team. Ventress, Talia, Initiate, Daka and Kylo/Palp (situational 5th) on the other. Just get creative and make 2 teams out of the 2 best leaders in these situations.
  • Options
    All of you "Zeb is part of the holy trinity" people, why would I remove Sabine or Ezra? Both of them are the only people who actually deal damage on Phoenix. Yes, they can stay alive forever, but at pew-pew damage levels, they'll never beat anyone!

I see Chopper and Zeb as interchangeable because they both give protection back to the team. So I might take Chopper back out and stick Zeb back in at your very passionate insistence, LOL. But I can't see taking out Sabine or Ezra. Sabine is a lot more badass than you seem to be giving her credit for, IMO!
  • Options
    Take Ezra out and use him with Jedi where he also has synergy.