Do you enjoy DS TB?

1235Next

Replies

• DS TB is okay
    Yes I enjoy it except for one thing. Platoons. Please if you're going to change anything, make it platoons.
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    It's hard hard as hell but I really do enjoy it. no matter the result I get lots of free stuff at the end of so why complain. The platoons should be done better, pay wall and all that. But hey it's €A, wouldn't expect anything else.
    With the new Solo movie we'll probably get more scoundrels and hopefully DS at that. lf they don't go total SJW with it.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DSTB is way more difficult than LSTB but that's probably because this game has been uber focused on the Light Side and has always given the Dark Side the big ol' kitten.
    While LS has the benefit of the Most-People-root-for-the-Heroes syndrome, DS has a bunch of potent and efficient team compositions. But most people don’t have the whole squads at the required gear levels, nor with the adequate mods. Partly because most players & guilds themselves (at least those who followed the news on the forum, reddit or Line/Discord chats) focused more on farming LS during the Summer (and even Spring) months leading to the first TB’s.
    How many more Rebel, Rogue One, Phoenix, Clones squads were built by everyone during these months ?

Man, but LS has had the only toons that'll let you get anywhere in this game Arena, Raids, TW, the Resistance kill button and all the Rebel cheese-sauce that we've had. It's been worth it to go LS because LS has been pushed so hard even the devs have had to answer up to it on a couple occasions.

I got NS, which walks over DS TB. But I got a decent gear Thrawn/empire squad and sith with a whole bunch of gear and zeta's and decent speed. They do better with the Rebel straffe not walloping them on open - but they're still not doing great. I have, after playing from start, a healthy DS line-up and it's just not on par with my LS toons.

DS TB gets better when, if, maybe, we get more DS toons.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    The only reason i dislike it is for the really unbalanced fights, consdering ds' lackluster rosters

Our guild does get more out of it than lstb, ironically
  • DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
    Still rediculously too hard! My high level sith can barely get thru the lowest levels and they are close to maxed out in gear and all maxed out in levels/Stars. Mostly maxed out in attacks. When you need multiple zetas to get thru third level... Still too hard!
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    I don’t really enjoy DSTB just because it feels like it’s been released way to early and just to make people panic farm certain DS squads.
    the amount of DS characters available and what works in clearing the later phases when platoons ask for a good chunk of meta characters is terrible.
    The fact bounty hunters are required for some combat missions is a joke.
    It’s a sub faction that has been in need of a rework and new characters (which there is no real shortage of) for a very long time

I mean if CG are struggling for DS characters here’s just a few off the top of my head
    @CG_Kozispoon

Separatist:
    B1 droid, commando droid, droideka,
    Empire:
    501st stormtrooper, imperial commando, Bounty hunters:
    bossk, jango fett, aurra sing, embo
    First Order:
    supreme leader snoke, general hux, FO royal guard
    Sith:
    Darth Malak, Darth Traya, Darth Sion, Darth Revan, Darth Malgus

• DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
    I would really enjoy this TB if it wasn't for unrealistic platoons. This opinion comes from someone in a 130M GP guild with a fair amount of casual paying players. First of all, platoons at later stages require way too many essential characters that very few can spare, making them difficult to fill in the first place. Second, characters should become farmable in a casual way (not stuck behind a paywall) before they are released to platoons!... It is literally pointless to try to develop your roster for platoons in the current state of the game as there are new characters every other TB. We're trying to enjoy the game... but every time we make progress, you give us a slap in the face and tell us to start over from nothing again. There's no more sense of progression with these platoons which makes the TB very unenjoyable.
  • I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    Platoon ruin the TB fun.. i hate the idea to complete something in game, u MUST buy it. Money grabbing at the worse. Cheap dirty trick :expressionless:
  • I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    I used to love TB when they first came out. I defended them from a lot of what I consider unfair criticisms that many seemed to make.

Now I hate them, and platoons are the reason. The current platoon system is a revolving door extortion scheme. People pay to get all the toons to complete platoons. That progress they paid for is periodically taken away, and resold to them. I find that to be unethical, and revolting, and unconscionable, but that's just my opinion.

In any case, having whole teams of G11/12 toons get wiped out by air strikes sucks all the joy out of it. Knowing the platoons required to actually make it playable will never be filled without regularly paying ransom money gives me no incentive to try.
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    We ever gonna get a response to this, CG? 73% of the people polled do not enjoy the DS TB in its current state and you guys are completely silent on it after the first pitiful revision. And the IPD mission is trash, by the way.
  • No they wont respond.... because that would admit it is a trash design. Both of the TB are horribly laborious, take WAY to long, and don't even remotely compensate for the time invested. It is beyond boring.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    We ever gonna get a response to this, CG? 73% of the people polled do not enjoy the DS TB in its current state and you guys are completely silent on it after the first pitiful revision. And the IPD mission is trash, by the way.

47% — not 73%. You are reading the poll wrong. And the IPD mission is a most welcomed challenge.
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    Waqui wrote: »

47% — not 73%. You are reading the poll wrong. And the IPD mission is a most welcomed challenge.
    47% of 283 votes. When there are millions of players for this game, with a new Arena leaderboard created every week or so, I don’t think such a poll is really representative of the whole player base. My guess is that they have statistical tools far more useful to guess the feelings of the player base.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB

47% of 283 votes. When there are millions of players for this game, with a new Arena leaderboard created every week or so, I don’t think such a poll is really representative of the whole player base. My guess is that they have statistical tools far more useful to guess the feelings of the player base.

Sample sizes and polling don't have to be the entire player base to be accurate representation.

They have no way to analyze player emotions other than polls. But I'm sure they care more about statistics of spending, of which you are correct they do have much better data.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    5 Wampa, 3 Sion, lots of NS, 3 Sith Marauder, FO Executioner .... this is what I do not like because they try to force ~10% of members of guilds to spend money.

Overall I enjoy DS TB. I can play teams I really like
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly

My point still stands. It was 47% (at that time) of the respondents — not 73%. OP repeatedly interpreted the results wrong. You're absolutely right, that the sample size is small, but that's beside my point. Both I and the guy I replied to was referring to the respondents — not the entire game community.