is 5* Palpatine viable?

i use phoenix and its enough for me to get 5* EP, i tried tier 6 but got obliterated, i could barely kill both RG, then Palp just keep regenerating to max then kill all my toons

so... is 5* pal viable after the rework?

Replies

• How old is your shard?

Young then probably, depends on what your top 50 is running? Also what do you have to go with him?

I what rebels are you using for the event? Lvl etc? Palps event isn’t an awful difficulty level to be fair.
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    How old is your shard?

Young then probably, depends on what your top 50 is running? Also what do you have to go with him?

I what rebels are you using for the event? Lvl etc? Palps event isn’t an awful difficulty level to be fair.

Young. My arena is mostly Phoenix, Phoenix and Phoenix. Some Wedge, Nihilus, KRU and Talzin.
    i plan to run him with Vader, Tarkin, Nihilus and Shore
    i used Phoenix, lvl 64 with not great mods... gear 7 (Hera gear 8) i can finish both royal guards then ot destroyed by Palp, him alone finished three of my toons
  • Xoulrath
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Young. My arena is mostly Phoenix, Phoenix and Phoenix. Some Wedge, Nihilus, KRU and Talzin.
    i used Phoenix, lvl 64 with not great mods... gear 7 (Hera gear 8) i can finish both royal guards then ot destroyed by Palp, him alone finished three of my toons
    Well you had better luck than me. I didn't have the time to farm a respectable team to attempt Palp, so I had to use what I already had. OB and Ackbar were already at 5*. ST Han was 4*, so it was easy enough to get him to 5. And then the only other two Rebels I have currently are FB Luke and Biggs, who were at 3* and 2* respectively.

I had the time to farm those three to 5*, but I just don't have enough gear to get any of them past G6. So it looks like I will have to wait until next time. Which stinks because I could really use him for my DS battles. Oh well.

Grats on getting him.

• Xoulrath wrote: »
    Well you had better luck than me. I didn't have the time to farm a respectable team to attempt Palp, so I had to use what I already had. OB and Ackbar were already at 5*. ST Han was 4*, so it was easy enough to get him to 5. And then the only other two Rebels I have currently are FB Luke and Biggs, who were at 3* and 2* respectively.

I had the time to farm those three to 5*, but I just don't have enough gear to get any of them past G6. So it looks like I will have to wait until next time. Which stinks because I could really use him for my DS battles. Oh well.

Grats on getting him.
    Thanks good luck to you

• Thanks good luck to you
    Thanks!

Luckily, I was able to get him not too long after I posted here earlier. I just broke down, spent some Crystals to farm gear, and pretty much used all of my Credits and Ability Mats to raise my Power level as high as I could.

I probably put in 50 or so attempts, while trying several different leads, but ultimately I won with Ackbar lead and aggressive tactics.

• rv492
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi! I don't know if now you have 7* rebels, but I recommend you Wedge (Always must be your Rebels Leader) + Biggs, ST Han and Lando. The fifth member is optional (Leia if you want offense and critical probability, Ackbar if you want to resist Vader, Ben if your rebels has not a lot of health or protection... definitely, complete the squad with the toon you prefer).

I did it with Ackbar. I passed 7* Palpatine event last time with my toons at Level 78, automatic play and I got EP without any death.

The key with this team is the speed of Biggs that lets you to kill Palpatine on your first attack (health mods with secondary speed are your best option if you haven't unblocked speed mods). Vader will put you his dots. Next step, with Lando and Wedge area you will be able to kill Royal Guards. Use ST Han's Taunt and he will eat Vader sword. Finishing, attack Vader with Biggs Special and Wedge basic and you will get Palpatine 7* without problem.

In addition, if you have Phoenix team at 7* you will have not problems next time.

I hope it will be helpful for you or another one who have problems with Palpatine experience! Both teams (Wiggs or Phoenix) helps a lot in Galactic War and Arena.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    i use phoenix and its enough for me to get 5* EP, i tried tier 6 but got obliterated, i could barely kill both RG, then Palp just keep regenerating to max then kill all my toons

so... is 5* pal viable after the rework?

It's good just get him zeta'ed with leader and i completely wreck people.