RE: Sith Marauder, Some Tips for Good Business Practice

Prev1
Dretzle
716 posts Member
edited February 2018
Hey CG, thought I'd give you some tips for earning good faith from your customers so that you can build a long-lasting relationship that relies on something more than just your IP, because let's face it, at this point you're truly hoping people keep sending you money for the simple fact that this is a Star Wars game.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say that including him early in platoons truly was an accident.

The way you handled it: Move up the event, reduce the amount of shards you give out for him to fleece for $10 or $20 more, and ask everyone for more money.

The way you should have handled it, a few options:

1) Apologize, move up the marquee event, and give everyone 30 more shards of the Marauder so that we could at least 4* it.

2) Apologize, move BACK the event, and give everyone 200 crystals and 500 GET and 2 of each gear 12 gear to make up for the extra star everyone will be losing.

Or some combination of the above.

As it stands, the message you put out there, there was no apology or any mention of Marauder showing up in platoons was a mistake at all. You simply told everyone, we're moving the event up and placing him in platoons. Please give us more money.

This is very poor business practice. Between this, your terrible arena (and a payout time forced during family dinner for not one, but TWO arenas, really??), and so much more lately, your QOL update better be good...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Well said, thank you!
  • I’m pretty sure all marquee events will bring you to 3* 0/30. The money pack will bring you to 25/30 so then you have to buy the crystal pack to 4*
  • The arena problem has been going on for far to long. All this forced play time is draining the fun out of this game. Plus a new raid, which if anything like the new ones will be another forced play time for hours. This game is going in bad direction. To bad all the decisions have already been made for this QOl and raid update, but they need to be careful or more long time players will be leaving this game.
  • ^^ to add these are recent changes. Maybe started with FO executioner , not sure though.
    This will probably WAI. Spread the news.
  • Not to mention the toon is completely bugged and pretty much unusable for anything other than to fill the platoon spot.
  • Also it doesnt help with the way this forum is ran, the void of general discussion is limiting the game as well. As new player join or consider the game and see how dead the general discussion is kills them. Plus all the good fun conversations that used to happen no longer do, again killing the game.
  • The FOMO is strong in this one.
    B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T
  • Also it doesnt help with the way this forum is ran, the void of general discussion is limiting the game as well. As new player join or consider the game and see how dead the general discussion is kills them. Plus all the good fun conversations that used to happen no longer do, again killing the game.

Devs and managers need to answer and reply more in the sections we are moved to. Once that becomes a common place thing it will be easier. Also “recent discussions” is the way to go.
  • Voice from CG: Die rebel scum!
  • Not only that, the inconsistency of the marquee events is ridiculous. Are we supposed to end with 15/30 or 0/30? And if it's 0/30 why would the $9.99 pack only be 25 shards when that pack would always get us to the next star level, creating incentive to actually buy it.

If it is truly not a glitch and we are only supposed to end up at 0/30 then they are truly just doubling down on the nickel & dime the customer business practice...which is DEFINITELY a way to lose a customer base.

"Buy this pack for $9.99 and get ALMOST enough shards for that next star. Now drop 1300 crystals (which is pretty close to money in this game, let's face it). " SMH

Keep going down this path and this game will end up like Battlefront 2.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Not only that, the inconsistency of the marquee events is ridiculous. Are we supposed to end with 15/30 or 0/30? And if it's 0/30 why would the $9.99 pack only be 25 shards when that pack would always get us to the next star level, creating incentive to actually buy it.

If it is truly not a glitch and we are only supposed to end up at 0/30 then they are truly just doubling down on the nickel & dime the customer business practice...which is DEFINITELY a way to lose a customer base.

"Buy this pack for $9.99 and get ALMOST enough shards for that next star. Now drop 1300 crystals (which is pretty close to money in this game, let's face it). " SMH

I see you have a strong sense of pride and accomplishment :smile:
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Not only that, the inconsistency of the marquee events is ridiculous. Are we supposed to end with 15/30 or 0/30? And if it's 0/30 why would the $9.99 pack only be 25 shards when that pack would always get us to the next star level, creating incentive to actually buy it.

I see you have a strong sense of pride and accomplishment :smile:

I don't get it?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Not to mention the toon is completely bugged and pretty much unusable for anything other than to fill the platoon spot.

I'm not sure if he is bugged or just a poor character. I know in the event he was hitting for less damage than Vader's basic - and that was with the other team covered in with multiple debuffs each - DOTs, O-down, H-down, shock, stun, etc.

Honestly, if the event is supposed a characters strength, they're doing it wrong. All I learned is that he's a wimp and he brings nothing to a Vader lead team. Everything about him was abysmal.

The bad rewards were just "bonus".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • These packs are still better than IPD and Starck which both didn't even unlock the toon. So for 10 dollars, you got useless gear and credits. But, this is a major money grab and a slap into the face of the user base. It is, what it is. I just accept that the final tiers are going to be tough and auto sim DS deaths as my guild can't pay our way into platoon fulfillment.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Not to mention the toon is completely bugged and pretty much unusable for anything other than to fill the platoon spot.

I'm not sure if he is bugged or just a poor character. I know in the event he was hitting for less damage than Vader's basic - and that was with the other team covered in with multiple debuffs each - DOTs, O-down, H-down, shock, stun, etc.

Honestly, if the event is supposed a characters strength, they're doing it wrong. All I learned is that he's a wimp and he brings nothing to a Vader lead team. Everything about him was abysmal.

The bad rewards were just "bonus".

All this.

I was hyped. Had been saving crystals and was buying the money pack to get to 7 stars. Played the event, toon seemed lackluster at best. Did the bonus tier...trash rewards and didn't even get all 3 mods as it states. Bought the money pack assuming it would get me to 4*. WRONG.

Do you guys not have a quality check team that can review your work before you submit it? Honest question.
  • That’s been a running Battlefront 2 joke. The community devs in charge of BF2 I believe was responding to the outcry over lootboxes, pay to win mechanics , and the general grind of progression with saying they wanted to give players a sense of “pride and accomplishment” and it became the most downvoted thread in reddit history. See link below: https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/ea-defense-of-star-wars-battlefront-ii-becomes-most-dow-1820396527/amp

Basically when you described the ridiculous pay wall of this broken toon and compared it to BF2, it remind me of this lol
  • That’s been a running Battlefront 2 joke. The community devs in charge of BF2 I believe was responding to the outcry over lootboxes, pay to win mechanics , and the general grind of progression with saying they wanted to give players a sense of “pride and accomplishment” and it became the most downvoted thread in reddit history. See link below: https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/ea-defense-of-star-wars-battlefront-ii-becomes-most-dow-1820396527/amp

Basically when you described the ridiculous pay wall of this broken toon and compared it to BF2, it remind me of this lol

Oh. Yes...I remember that. Lol!
  • RogueGalain
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Edited by a moderator..... unreal. Freedom of speech is dead.

Excellent idea. Anger the playerbase and then limit their speech. It’s a great and well tested combo for a happy customer.

• Edited by a moderator..... unreal. Freedom of speech is dead.

Excellent idea. Anger the playerbase and then limit their speech. It’s a great and well tested combo for a happy customer.

... When people do not understand Freedom of Speech yet claims it's dead it's WAI.

Constitution says the government can't limit your freedom of speech/expression. A company is not the government, a company with a contract you sign on your own free will and volition is not the government.

A ToS agreement you sign is not the government, there is not right of Free Speech on this forum.

Common misconception.
  • Kyngzilla wrote: »

... When people do not understand Freedom of Speech yet claims it's dead it's WAI.

Constitution says the government can't limit your freedom of speech/expression. A company is not the government, a company with a contract you sign on your own free will and volition is not the government.

A ToS agreement you sign is not the government, there is not right of Free Speech on this forum.

Common misconception.

This is true. Frustrating and disconcerting at times - but true.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyngzilla wrote: »

Common misconception.

This is true. Frustrating and disconcerting at times - but true.

This is an ea forum. I do agree this falls under “better communication” but hey I only see one side of it. Maybe there’s no such thing as bad press for a toon and the packs are doing well.
  • Let's remeber the days when faction packs came out more expensive than Battlefront 2 which is a AAA game... now let's compare the cost of a faction pack and a AAA game... The greed is strong in CG. I'm all for some form of payment to keep the game going and profitable.. but this is ridiculous..
  • WhoVille_Sheriff
    263 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    We didn't get all the shards we were promised from the Marquee. Make sure you go to the EA Answers and click "Me too" so they correct it soon. Same thing happened with Rose and Holdo, we used to get 15/30 into the 4th star.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sith-marauder-marquee-event-last-tier-doesn-t-drop-shards/m-p/6634530/highlight/true#M9022
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    We didn't get all the shards we were promised from the Marquee. Make sure you go to the EA Answers and click "Me too" so they correct it soon. Same thing happened with Rose and Holdo, we used to get 15/30 into the 4th star.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sith-marauder-marquee-event-last-tier-doesn-t-drop-shards/m-p/6634530/highlight/true#M9022

Where were we promised a specific number of shards?
  • WhoVille_Sheriff
    263 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Liath Unless they changed their method for Marquee events to run, every event has given us the same # of shards. Unless I am mistaken.

https://swgoh.gg/db/events/
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • @Liath Unless they changed their method for Marquee events to run, every event has given us the same # of shards.

Not to mention they just inboxed missing shards from the last marquee and acknowledged it was a bug on answers HQ
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Liath Unless they changed their method for Marquee events to run, every event has given us the same # of shards. Unless I am mistaken.

That isn’t at all true. We didn’t get as many shards for FOSFTP, and I *still* don’t have that many shards for FO Executioner.
  • RogueGalain
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Common misconception.

When did I mention the constitution or government? No, they have the right to do whatever they want here. Doesn’t make it less lame. The only mistake here was you assuming I think I need a government to tell me what’s right or wrong. Or what this company does is right or wrong.

It’s not the moderators fault either. They are told to do it.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Common misconception.

When did I mention the constitution or government? No, they have the right to do whatever they want here. Doesn’t make it less lame. The only mistake here was you assuming I think I need a government to tell me what’s right or wrong. Or what this company does is right or wrong.

It’s not the moderators fault either. They are told to do it.

You did mention the Constitution because that's where freedom of speech comes from....

U don't say Freedom of the Press without alluding to the Constitution.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You should really check out the events in the list you posted. because not all the marquee events rewarded the same amount.

all the event promises is a chance to unlock the toon. I hope we can get an official statement about the count this round, but nothing states a single quantity of the shards.