Marauder event

Replies

• Kelarn wrote: »
    Mk 1 gear rewards for the bonus tier? Really?

• Zombiedog wrote: »
    Someone enlighten me...why is that called a bonus tier again? Grey gear and a single **** mod. Had you thrown in 5-10 shards I might of actually bought the 13$ pack to get him to 4*.

Because now you have the added "bonus" of having to waste more time selling the mods to get a fraction of the credits you used to get in the event itself! Lucky us!!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jedi_Bane
    310 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Yep, didnt have a thousand of all those pieces.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Got a +18speed cross mod with primary potency for FREE in that “trash” tier so I’m quite happy with it lol

That's not possible. The rewards were blue mods. Blue mods can't improve to +18 speed - only gold mods can improve that high.

Blues, iirc, can start with 6 speed and the two upgrades can also improve by 6. That would be the max of 18 if, again, I am correct. I know for a fact that Blues can go to 15, have had two such mods from farming do that.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Got a +18speed cross mod with primary potency for FREE in that “trash” tier so I’m quite happy with it lol

That's not possible. The rewards were blue mods. Blue mods can't improve to +18 speed - only gold mods can improve that high.

Blues, iirc, can start with 6 speed and the two upgrades can also improve by 6. That would be the max of 18 if, again, I am correct. I know for a fact that Blues can go to 15, have had two such mods from farming do that.

Nope. 17 is the max for blue. It can't start higher than 5.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Just another character that may be nice, but it'll be a long time before I can use it.

As far as the other rewards, I got trash mods (no speed secondaries), just like from the Palpatine Mythic. :(
  • Same here? Why did CG say marquee events are fixed when clearly they aren't. Losing faith and patients to be honest.
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • leef wrote: »
    ... you never know how many shards you're gonna get.
    5luzhj.png
    Do i hear someone saying LS bias? ^_^

@leef you did not get 50 shards total, to complete 3*? I did. How does that work?
  • The event indicated we would receive 3 mods on the bonus tier. Most have only received 1. If this is affecting you as well please click on the link and then click the me too button.

The more people responding to the link the quicker we can get this resolved.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Missing-Mods-from-Marauder-Event/m-p/6634975/highlight/false#M9031
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »

It can... I have a guild mate who has had a mod start with 6 speed
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    5luzhj.png

leef you did not get 50 shards total, to complete 3*? I did. How does that work?

@EventineElessedil
    you mean for FOX? I dunno, that's all the shards i've got for him.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Taramel wrote: »

Lol
    5luzhj.png

@leef you did not get 50 shards total, to complete 3*? I did. How does that work?

I think what he's saying is that we got 65 shards for Rose, 50 for Marauder, and 45 for Executioner. Marques are sort of a random grab bag in terms of where the character ends up. Those 15 extra shards on Rose are worth about 3,900 crystals right now.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Taramel wrote: »

Okay. And I have a pet unicorn. And platoon requirements are decided by RNG. Have a good day.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    5luzhj.png

leef you did not get 50 shards total, to complete 3*? I did. How does that work?

I think what he's saying is that we got 65 shards for Rose, 50 for Marauder, and 45 for Executioner. Marques are sort of a random grab bag in terms of where the character ends up. Those 15 extra shards on Rose are worth about 3,900 crystals right now.

yea, it was a thread on it's own, but got merged into this one for some reason. I'm not concerned about the shards to be honest, 20 less isn't a dealbreaker even if the character gets the single hard node treatment. It's just weird it isn't a fixed amount for every marquee.
    Save water, drink champagne!
    5luzhj.png

@EventineElessedil
    you mean for FOX? I dunno, that's all the shards i've got for him.

Nevermind, I read it wrong, my coffee was not strong enough this morning. Thought I saw 25/30 on Marauder.
    kalidor wrote: »
    5luzhj.png

yea, it was a thread on it's own, but got merged into this one for some reason. I'm not concerned about the shards to be honest, 20 less isn't a dealbreaker even if the character gets the single hard node treatment. It's just weird it isn't a fixed amount for every marquee.

Yeah, it's also a little strange that you could get Rose to 4* if you bought the dollar pack (25 shards) since the marque got her to 15/30, but if you do the same for Marauder, it'll only get you to 25/30. You'll need to buy an additional crystal pack to get 4*. (Not that I would buy any of those packs, I'll just wait - but still, odd)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Taramel wrote: »

Okay. And I have a pet unicorn. And platoon requirements are decided by RNG. Have a good day.

I would also like a pet unicorn :).... but all joking aside mobilegamer has even comfirmed it in his latest mod video... they can start at 6.... doesn't bother me if you don't believe me just making sure that the correct information is spread.
  • Don't forget they robbed us 10 shards. Again. Marquee toons are supposed to end at 10/30 3*. Not 3* barely. They are reducing their quick cash. I know I won't spend 10 if I can't get 4* before the super overpriced packs
  • warmonkey wrote: »

Grats. You just got a faster MOD than I have found since mods were released. I kinda hate you! Lol
    Haha thanks! This is actually my best cross mod ever,normally I have really bad drops on them..

I abhor you now. My fastest cross is a 12. They are super rare. I've got 1 115 +/- 2 set. Depending on who wears it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Don't forget they robbed us 10 shards. Again. Marquee toons are supposed to end at 10/30 3*. Not 3* barely. They are reducing their quick cash. I know I won't spend 10 if I can't get 4* before the super overpriced packs

@Barmuka_1 there is no statement about what they are "supposed to be". So no one has been "robbed"....
  • The ten dollar isn't worth it either. Only 25 shards? I dusted the bonus tier and not even enough to go to four stars? The other Sith packs for double that give 80, 40 seems like a proper number, I'd pay for that!!
  • collapsE
    206 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I feel upset too.. Bought dollar pack and than had to spend 1299 crystals to get last 5 shards...
  • First: I played the Sith Marauder event this morning, and now I’m here seeing people upset they didn’t get the promised mods in the bonus tier.

What bonus tier?

There was no bonus tier available, greyed out, locked, or stating that I didn’t qualify. It just didn’t exist at all.

Second: I got a popup twice in a row for a Lord of Pain event several hours after I completed the Malachor event, and it took me to the events module. However, only the EP event, Endor Escalation, and a locked Places of Power event appeared, nothing about Pain.

Im really confused now, can someone please clarify?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    First: I played the Sith Marauder event this morning, and now I’m here seeing people upset they didn’t get the promised mods in the bonus tier.

What bonus tier?

There was no bonus tier available, greyed out, locked, or stating that I didn’t qualify. It just didn’t exist at all.

Second: I got a popup twice in a row for a Lord of Pain event several hours after I completed the Malachor event, and it took me to the events module. However, only the EP event, Endor Escalation, and a locked Places of Power event appeared, nothing about Pain.

It seems that people who weren’t high enough level for the bonus tier just didn’t see it at all, rather than it being greyed out.

The pop-up specifically says it’s for Sith Marauder so it’s clearly referring to that event and just used a different name, which was likely a name they were considering at some point and forgot to change in the pop-up.
  • Thank you again for the screen!

Does this mean Darth Sion is coming as playable toon in a marquee or legendary event?
    IIRC, the German version didn‘t have this „error“!

Aaaand, does it mean we will get Darth Traya as next Feb‘s marquee? (I don‘t think they would put an essential non-buyable toon (aka raid toon) in a raid if it is needed for a hero‘s event; as we have all speculated that Revan will get it at some point)

What‘re your thoughts?
  • Well I don't think it's confirmed until they announce it...... :smile:

But it's looking that way.
  • Anyone considering him as arena viable .. Just don't .. I just face him g12 in mirror match and he just sit there doin nothing whole fight.. What a disappointment for new sith
  • Liath wrote: »
    First: I played the Sith Marauder event this morning, and now I’m here seeing people upset they didn’t get the promised mods in the bonus tier.

What bonus tier?

It seems that people who weren’t high enough level for the bonus tier just didn’t see it at all, rather than it being greyed out.

The pop-up specifically says it’s for Sith Marauder so it’s clearly referring to that event and just used a different name, which was likely a name they were considering at some point and forgot to change in the pop-up.

Thank you Liath, for responding again. I had created this post as a new thread to get an official answer, and I guess it got merged into this thread instead. -_-
  • If we get him, he better be good with nihilus :)