Why still no Praetorian Guard?

Of all the last jedi characters we have gotten so far why don't we have the praetorian guard? They were probably the only cool thing in the film and yet we get 2 of the most useless characters? They got more screen time than the royal guards ever did and actually fought to the death but yet they still have yet to make an appearance.

Replies

• Wil
    140 posts Member
    Holdo splitting Snoke's ship seems much more useful than the guards fighting and dying for a few minutes. I would love Praetorian Guards, but we don't even have Hux, Snoke, or FO flametroopers yet, so I don't think there needs to be a call to rush them out.
  • The better question is why no Snoke or Hux yet?
  • As far as hux goes he could specialize in being an incompetent bafoon for allowing a single resistance pilot to destroy a dreadnaught and snoke as a donald trump wannabe for using vast wealth to build his regime and being too overconfident.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    As far as hux goes he could specialize in being an incompetent bafoon for allowing a single resistance pilot to destroy a dreadnaught and snoke as a donald trump wannabe for using vast wealth to build his regime and being too overconfident.

No that happened because Rian Johnson is a bad director and tried turning that scene into a comedy fest.
  • Which guard do you want? There were multiple versions. (Different helmets, different weapons, etc) It wasn't like the Royal Guards who were all the same.
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    As far as hux goes he could specialize in being an incompetent bafoon for allowing a single resistance pilot to destroy a dreadnaught and snoke as a donald trump wannabe for using vast wealth to build his regime and being too overconfident.

No that happened because Rian Johnson is a bad director and tried turning that scene into a comedy fest.

That scene was the best part of the entire movie. The entire sequence with Rey and Kylo was one of the best of any Star Wars movie. It was amazing.

That scene was the best part of the entire movie. The entire sequence with Rey and Kylo was one of the best of any Star Wars movie. It was amazing.
    Except that the entire time I was thinking, "Why aren't these the knights of Ren?" I mean what the hell happened to those guys anyway?
  • I think we will get them around the same time we get Snoke. And they'll have some type of synergy similar to Wiggs, Chaze, or DT/Krennic.

Except that the entire time I was thinking, "Why aren't these the knights of Ren?" I mean what the hell happened to those guys anyway?
    [/quote

Exactly. I really wished Rey and Luke fought the knights of Ren and kylo on actoo

Agree to disagree

Why don't you think those are the Knights of Ren?
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    The better question is why no Snoke or Hux yet?

This^

I understand Snoke maybe taking a while, but Hux could have been given after Ep7. What is the delay in him? We get Starck instead who is a nobody. WTH

Completely agree. That and Luke and Kylo facing off were really the best parts.
  • Don't you love how people say The Last Jedi was bad because there were jokes even though A New hope had a joke scene with Han talking to the imperial officers during Princess Leia's rescue and the first ten minutes of Yoda in empire were just comic relief?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    The better question is why no Snoke or Hux yet?

True