Marauder event

Replies

• Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    If we get him, he better be good with nihilus :)

Considering that they actually hated each other that's unlikely. Then again we have a droid that can vanquish a Sith Lord and a Jedi Master who fails against an Ewok so what's "real" doesn't matter.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well, I sure hope the Triumvirate will have some synergy with eachother... although being Sith and notoriously trying to kill eachother, they did work together...

Currently I see 2 options. #1 English version forgot to change the event name which was just a wip title OR someone gets in trouble and we‘ll get an announcement for Sion on the 18th latest XD
    I just don’t know how Traya fits in there...
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    If we get him, he better be good with nihilus :)

Considering that they actually hated each other that's unlikely. Then again we have a droid that can vanquish a Sith Lord and a Jedi Master who fails against an Ewok so what's "real" doesn't matter.

Well, it was an alliance nontheless... they worked together to some extend, while also working on betraying eachother. Yet, there could be some unique oder leader that picks that up... As far as I know, they even met up in person to discuss their next steps without killing eachother right away?

On a sidenote:
    I think I read somewhere that the Triumvirate used certain troops respectively, something like:

Darth Sion used Assassines while putting himself in the middle of battles
    Darth Nihilus using Marauders, so he could focus on devouring
    Darth Traya used Troopers to protect her, while scheming

Can someone confirm?
  • Options
    Confirmed...Sion used assassins against Jedi. However, so did Nihilus. Marauders were mostly Sion.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Ouch- the rewards for the bonus tier were awful!

Oh well.

Marauder is cool. Hard for any f20 bods like me to farm up to any usable level but nonetheless - cool to have and fun to play in that challenge. He can stay in the roster until it's time.
  • Options
    Confirmed...Sion used assassins against Jedi. However, so did Nihilus. Marauders were mostly Sion.

Marauders were also used heavily by Darth Malgus in the sacking of the Jedi temple.
  • Options
    Kodimus wrote: »

Marauders were also used heavily by Darth Malgus in the sacking of the Jedi temple.

Its funny were getting kotor 2 sith but the character models for SA ST and SM are all TOR
  • Options
    Thank you @CG_Kozispoon for the update on the mod rewards from Marquee... but what about the grey gear as rewards? I thought there were supposed to be purple gear in these Marquee bonus tiers?
  • Options
    Yes, thank you Kozi! And if someone can please clarify what the requirements are to see the bonus tier, that would be much appreciated. :)
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Thank you @CG_Kozispoon for the update on the mod rewards from Marquee... but what about the grey gear as rewards? I thought there were supposed to be purple gear in these Marquee bonus tiers?

Hiya,
    All the Gear provided in the event is meant to progress the Sith Marauders Gear levels.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Fatal1tyv2
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hiya,
    All the Gear provided in the event is meant to progress the Sith Marauders Gear levels.

Awesome, but can you confirm the correct amount of shards Sith Marauder should be at please @CG_Kozispoon? Is 0/30 correct?
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • Options

Hiya,

Thank you for the reply and clarification Kozi!

(That said... harrumph)
  • Options

Hiya,

(That said... harrumph)

Exactly. People able to play the bonus tier don't need grey gear...we have thousands. How do they come up with this stuff? It's like they have no idea what the players experience is like....oh, wait...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Hiya,

lol, like Im gonna level up that 3* dude right away... :D
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hiya,

(That said... harrumph)

Exactly. People able to play the bonus tier don't need grey gear...we have thousands. How do they come up with this stuff? It's like they have no idea what the players experience is like....oh, wait...

I've enjoyed seeing your posts become more bitter over the years. Yes, let the hate flow through you... welcome to the dark side. ;)
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hiya,

(That said... harrumph)

I've enjoyed seeing your posts become more bitter over the years. Yes, let the hate flow through you... welcome to the dark side. ;)

Isn’t he the rebel against the empire tho? ;)
  • Shonkathonk
    519 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Not so sure putting up video gameplay of a toon that in a pre release video doing 60k damage now struggling to touch 30k at 7* g12 was a good idea?

Edit: making sense again
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Don't forget they robbed us 10 shards. Again. Marquee toons are supposed to end at 10/30 3*. Not 3* barely. They are reducing their quick cash. I know I won't spend 10 if I can't get 4* before the super overpriced packs

@Barmuka_1 there is no statement about what they are "supposed to be". So no one has been "robbed"....

IMG_0979.png
  • Options
    I understand Kozi's statement about high defense on the enemies, but I'm still confused by it. I ran a mostly g12 Empire team with zEP leader. Marauder should have been pretty well set, but relative to my other geared and modded toons he still hit like a wet noodle. The quick response is appreciated but something still doesn't seem right to me. Maybe the toon just isn't going to be that great? That's totally acceptable, the promo video just didn't hint at it that way.
  • Options
    kmilky wrote: »
    I understand Kozi's statement about high defense on the enemies, but I'm still confused by it. I ran a mostly g12 Empire team with zEP leader. Marauder should have been pretty well set, but relative to my other geared and modded toons he still hit like a wet noodle. The quick response is appreciated but something still doesn't seem right to me. Maybe the toon just isn't going to be that great? That's totally acceptable, the promo video just didn't hint at it that way.

There's a thread on ea Answers
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sith-Marauder-Offense-booost-won-t-stack-with-Vader-lead/m-p/6635768#M9094
    You know - speed along its chances of getting buried and forgotten... like everything else over there.
    #FixTalzinsLead
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget they robbed us 10 shards. Again. Marquee toons are supposed to end at 10/30 3*. Not 3* barely. They are reducing their quick cash. I know I won't spend 10 if I can't get 4* before the super overpriced packs

@Barmuka_1 there is no statement about what they are "supposed to be". So no one has been "robbed"....

IMG_0979.png

If you actually read what you’re taking pictures of you will see the issue there was that some people got more shards than others, not that any specific number of shards was promised for all marquee events.
  • RevanComingSoon
    333 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

IMG_0979.png

If you actually read what you’re taking pictures of you will see the issue there was that some people got more shards than others, not that any specific number of shards was promised for all marquee events.

What a nice way to respond :)

Well, can you post of image of where she said that the reason the tier 4 shards were sent to those who didn't get them was because the players who did get them was a bug? Or that they shouldn't have received those shards?

Since when do they issue rewards for everyone because some people got a reward by accident?

That is like saying because some people got chimaera without the requirements they will be inboxing chimaera shards to everyone . Seems unlikely .

Logic would say that the shards were inboxed because it was a bug and we were supposed to get those shards

Logic would also say that they wouldn't decrease the marquee shard amount the week after inboxing marquee shards for a mistake.

• Options
    Logic would also say that they wouldn't decrease the marquee shard amount the week after inboxing marquee shards for a mistake.

Sadly, Logic would also say that they wouldn't give us trash grey gear that we can easily farm for a pittance of energy and probably already have mountains of as the reward for the highest difficulty bonus tier on the event.

But...
  • Options

IMG_0979.png

What a nice way to respond :)

Well, can you post of image of where she said that the reason the tier 4 shards were sent to those who didn't get them was because the players who did get them was a bug? Or that they shouldn't have received those shards?

Since when do they issue rewards for everyone because some people got a reward by accident?

That is like saying because some people got chimaera without the requirements they will be inboxing chimaera shards to everyone . Seems unlikely .

Logic would say that the shards were inboxed because it was a bug and we were supposed to get those shards

To be fair, they dont do a whole lot based on logic. Logic is clearly not a factor they have been concerned with.... ever. Lol
  • Options
    @Viserys

Valid point
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »

Sadly, Logic would also say that they wouldn't give us trash grey gear that we can easily farm for a pittance of energy and probably already have mountains of as the reward for the highest difficulty bonus tier on the event.

But...

You both keep using the wrong word. There's no 'logic'. It's called Trolling and WE are the ones being trolled. 'They' just sittin' there pulling up the nets.
    tenor.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Fixed the title by the way...man, that was annoying me.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

IMG_0979.png

Look at the top of the picture you posted. You cut it off but it very clearly states the difference between level 79 and below and level 80+. That is what Kozi was looking into and resolving.

The post I initially responded to say stated that we didn’t get the shards we were supposed to get this time. The burden is on those claiming we were “supposed” to get more shards to demonstrate that the Rose/Holdo gift was not because of the error in giving different numbers of shards to different people.

Otherwise please explain why I am still sitting at 20/25 FO Executioner shards, and why I never got a gift of additional FOSFTF shards either.
  • Options

IMG_0979.png

Look at the top of the picture you posted. You cut it off but it very clearly states the difference between level 79 and below and level 80+. That is what Kozi was looking into and resolving.

The post I initially responded to say stated that we didn’t get the shards we were supposed to get this time. The burden is on those claiming we were “supposed” to get more shards to demonstrate that the Rose/Holdo gift was not because of the error in giving different numbers of shards to different people.

Otherwise please explain why I am still sitting at 20/25 FO Executioner shards, and why I never got a gift of additional FOSFTF shards either.

But I thought the point was always to get you to buy packs, like you said 20/25 would let you buy one 5-330 pack and be guaranteed the next star?

I could be wrong but I don't think they have done a 0/25 or 0/30 before (on purpose)

It's always been 20/25 or 15/30 or something to get you to want to buy a pack, right?
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

IMG_0979.png

But I thought the point was always to get you to buy packs, like you said 20/25 would let you buy one 5-330 pack and be guaranteed the next star?

I could be wrong but I don't think they have done a 0/25 or 0/30 before (on purpose)

It's always been 20/25 or 15/30 or something to get you to want to buy a pack, right?

I interpreted it as a response to the amount of outrage they received at giving characters at less than 3*, and basically saying “fine, we’ll give 5 more shards next time so people don’t complain much.”

There’s also the fact that they have already released a hotfix related to the rewards in this event, which did not result in them giving out more shards. *shrug*