Idea for the "generic characters" marquee

capifico22
370 posts Member
edited February 2018
Since we've acknowledged that generic troopers are less important than say a Darth Nihilus and therefore unlock at lower star levels, shouldn't we also reduce the cost of their shard packs? A situational character is less valuable to a roster than a game breaker, and the cost to obtain the character should reflect that. Before anyone says you are obtaining them for free, please don't. Everyone knows only 7* toons matter anymore.

I think you'd be surprised to find how many more people would purchase packs for these characters if it cost $50-100 to 7* a generic vs $300.

Replies

• How about this:
    Named char marquee
    Generic toons somewhere farmable
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They seem to be using the event style to indicate this. Since it takes higher star characters and more restricted in who can be used, that does "increase the cost"

marquee seems to be the base

Legendary, req 5* to unlock, faction specific requirement

Hero Journey, req 7* to unlock ,very specific toons.

The cost of the packs is just to reduce the time needed and isn't always linked to the character power, but when farming is required we do see a different shard cost in the packs to reflect this(Han, leia, Farm boy), but marquee seem to be the base and I dont suspect the pricing to change there just based on the character.
  • Don't give them ideas they'll just rise the price for the good people
  • I’m looking forward to the Pod Racer fan extra marquee event. He will jeer loudly to discourage other players and spill blue milk-light all over his allies. He will also have not sleeves and smell like the worst BO stank you ever layed your nose upon.
  • Don't give them ideas they'll just rise the price for the good people

I was suggesting a price decrease, for the good people

• Kyno wrote: »
    They seem to be using the event style to indicate this. Since it takes higher star characters and more restricted in who can be used, that does "increase the cost"

The cost of the packs is just to reduce the time needed and isn't always linked to the character power, but when farming is required we do see a different shard cost in the packs to reflect this(Han, leia, Farm boy), but marquee seem to be the base and I dont suspect the pricing to change there just based on the character.

Within marquee style events themselves, distinctions have been made. My proposal is marquee specific and is ignoring other event types.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    capifico22 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Within marquee style events themselves, distinctions have been made. My proposal is marquee specific and is ignoring other event types.

I understand, but it seems they already have this in place using the other events. It seems that the marquee and that pricing is the base, I dont imagine they will go lower.
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2018

I understand, but it seems they already have this in place using the other events. It seems that the marquee and that pricing is the base, I dont imagine they will go lower.

I don't think they will either. I'm still presenting the option. I don't think the job of a moderator is to respond to every post to defend the status quo, it stunts public discussion. I'm not being irrational, outlandish, or offensive.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I just let them sit in my roster and rot essentially till they become farmable. Legendary characters are easier to obtain I feel cause at least you can farm the characters needed to get them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I don't think they will either. I'm still presenting the option. I don't think the job of a moderator is to respond to every post to defend the status quo, it stunts public discussion. I'm not being irrational, outlandish, or offensive.

As a full time player, I am just expressing my opinion much like you are.