Sith Marauder ability WAI??

Prev13
Says that Marauder will gain TM when an enemy uses an "ability" outside of their turn.

Does this strictly mean abilities or is it referencing basic attacks as well?

Better wording would be when a toon "acts" outside of their turn.
I dont count basic attacks as abilities because they aren't. Abilities have cooldowns, basics do not.

So far the only way i see this working is when a passive ability is used or when a toon like Old ben is killed, or when GK and Royal guard taunt.
I think the intent was to have the Sith Marauder gain turn meter for assist as well, but it doesn't read that way.

Replies

• Yea i agree.. wording is not their strongest. There's a lot descriptions that confuse me as well :grimace:
  • Yeah, it doesn't really read that way but apparently that's what it means. If a character acts out of turn, no matter what it is.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • "Basics" are basic abilities, hence using ability mats to level them.
  • Basic abilities are abilities, as defined by the game. The abilities that have cooldowns are *special* abilities.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Yea i agree.. wording is not their strongest. There's a lot descriptions that confuse me as well :grimace:

You mean "wording is not their strong suit"? ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Yea i agree.. wording is not their strongest. There's a lot descriptions that confuse me as well :grimace:

Yea something like that.. sorry if confusing.. my english not good :grimace:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

i think everyone understoot what you meant, so it's all good. It was just ironic in this thread, hehe.
  • Whenever an enemy counter attack for example under Luke lead. Or when BB8 calls someone to assist. Or even better, people using Ackbar lead, many assists, endless TM gain by Marauder.

i think everyone understoot what you meant, so it's all good. It was just ironic in this thread, hehe.

Pot calling the kettle black, huh? :)
  • RacerDejak wrote: »

I am a native English speaker from the US (like the devs) - and I don't understand ability or event wordings half the time. It's not you....it's them. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Says that Marauder will gain TM when an enemy uses an "ability" outside of their turn.

Does this strictly mean abilities or is it referencing basic attacks as well?

Better wording would be when a toon "acts" outside of their turn.
    I dont count basic attacks as abilities because they aren't. Abilities have cooldowns, basics do not.

So far the only way i see this working is when a passive ability is used or when a toon like Old ben is killed, or when GK and Royal guard taunt.
    I think the intent was to have the Sith Marauder gain turn meter for assist as well, but it doesn't read that way.

None of the passive things you listed qualify as using abilities, afaik.
  • Elebrind wrote: »
    "Basics" are basic abilities, hence using ability mats to level them.
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Basic abilities are abilities, as defined by the game. The abilities that have cooldowns are *special* abilities.

No it isn't. Hence "ability block".
    Otherwise when you use ability block on a character they couldn't do a basic attack. There is no "special ability block"

He is saying SM will never gain turnmeter because nobody can do an ability outside their turn. They can only assist or do basic attacks. So either the description is wrong and they mean "attack outside their turn" instead of " use ability outside their turn" or SM will never gain turnmeter until a new character is introduced than can do special abilities outside their turns
  • i thnk he can gain turn meter with passive ability like rg taunt, he "activate " he's ability when another toon have hp under 50%, when happen sm can gain tm.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Elebrind wrote: »
    Basic abilities are abilities, as defined by the game. The abilities that have cooldowns are *special* abilities.

Otherwise when you use ability block on a character they couldn't do a basic attack. There is no "special ability block"

He is saying SM will never gain turnmeter because nobody can do an ability outside their turn. They can only assist or do basic attacks. So either the description is wrong and they mean "attack outside their turn" instead of " use ability outside their turn" or SM will never gain turnmeter until a new character is introduced than can do special abilities outside their turns

Yea I was thinking there is nothing a character can do out of turn other than counter attack or assist attack both resulting in a basic attack, But would auto taunting count as an ability? Maybe its specifically for those characters? Or maybe like you said, it should be worded attacks outside their turn like how bb8 is worded.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    PiffGuru wrote: »

Yea I was thinking there is nothing a character can do out of turn other than counter attack or assist attack both resulting in a basic attack, But would auto taunting count as an ability? Maybe its specifically for those characters? Or maybe like you said, it should be worded attacks outside their turn like how bb8 is worded.

I think that wording would then exclude Hermit Yoda since he doesn’t attack.

Would you co

I did not see it this way as the debuff "ability block" prevent the use of abilities.

It seems as though this ability just needs a simple rewording to fix the confusion.

@CG_Kozispoon we post here because we love and care about the game. We wouldnt bring stuff up if we didnt care. Keep up the good work.

The debuff is called ability block. The description of it says "Special abilities are locked." Because not all abilities (basic abilities) are locked.
  • RevanComingSoon
    333 posts Member
    edited February 2018

The debuff is called ability block. The description of it says "Special abilities are locked." Because not all abilities (basic abilities) are locked.

Show me a screenshot in game or comment by a developer saying "special abilities are locked" for ability block description

Tip: third party sites trying to explain CG's bad descriptions doesn't count
  • Moves are coded as :
    Basic attack
    Ability 1
    Ability 2

Etc

Not:
    ability
    Special ability 1
    Special ability 2

Show me a screenshot in game or comment by a developer saying "special abilities are locked" for ability block description

Tip: third party sites trying to explain CG's bad descriptions doesn't count

1. Open your game
    2. Ability block someone
    3. Touch the ability block icon
    4. Read the in game description of ability block
  • If you look at fost his unique says anytime he uses an ability there is a 50% chance of assist. Basic counts as an ability for him. So yes basic/counter should count.
  • On a side note if fost counters gives an assist and has saxon in the squad you'll get 80% turn meter.
  • @Dark_Helmet152

5. Take a screenshot and upload it
    6. Show that you were right all along
    7. Profit
  • Alrikster
    173 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I understand its confusing but they have been consistent in their use of „ability“ so far.
    Abilities have always included basic abilities so far (see example fost). If thats confusing is another debate, but by the current definition of ability, marauder should get tm for assists

Edit: also note that when leveling up abilities with ability mats, basic attacks state „ability level bonus“, hence further clarifying them as abilities.
  • @Dark_Helmet152

5. Take a screenshot and upload it
    6. Show that you were right all along
    7. Profit

cgSKt7
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    2mnnjnq.jpg

"Sith Marauder has +10% Defense, +10% Health Steal, and +10% Tenacity for each buff on all characters. Sith Marauder has +2% Critical Chance, +2% Offense and +2% Potency for each debuff on all characters. When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn, Sith Marauder gains 20% Turn Meter."

Lets now discuss unique "ablities" =D
    2mnnjnq.jpg

"Sith Marauder has +10% Defense, +10% Health Steal, and +10% Tenacity for each buff on all characters. Sith Marauder has +2% Critical Chance, +2% Offense and +2% Potency for each debuff on all characters. When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn, Sith Marauder gains 20% Turn Meter."

Lets now discuss unique "ablities" =D

Lol, I just pictured a character without abilities , that just gets turnmeter, then nothing happens, then next character goes. Would be a good kit for C3P0
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)

Would you co

I did not see it this way as the debuff "ability block" prevent the use of abilities.

It seems as though this ability just needs a simple rewording to fix the confusion.

@CG_Kozispoon we post here because we love and care about the game. We wouldnt bring stuff up if we didnt care. Keep up the good work.

Bringing up stuff is fine! We love and care about the game just as much as our fellow Holotable heroes.

While the wording may not be what some prefer, it is correct.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Would you co

Bringing up stuff is fine! We love and care about the game just as much as our fellow Holotable heroes.

So that includes unique abilities used out of turn too?

"When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn"
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • jejuzang wrote: »

Would you co

So that includes unique abilities used out of turn too?

"When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn"

This is definitely curious. Does Zarriss healing count as "using an ability"? Does Rex's lead count as "using an ability"? My guess would be no, but there's definitely contradicting evidence around this.