Arena collusion groups deciding payouts

Prev1
Atrreyu
130 posts Member
edited February 2018
On my shard I found out in the top 10 people talk to each other and decide who gets what place. This is some punk kittens. How do I know this? I was approached with this on my shard. Through message in discord and asked if I wanted in. I was told I'm messing up their payouts hence why they want to bring me into the fold. I got to the 1 spot in arena by myself and without collusion. Bunch of punks. I wonder how deep this runs on other shards. @CG_Kozispoon what can be done against this if anything? Seems like a sly manipulation. I don't care who gets mad at me, I'm not with this behavior.

Replies

• Happens WAY more than you think.
  • It's on every shard , nothing can be done or will be done. Fight the system join the collision
  • Lol just join it
  • If Kozispoon has a swgoh account, they are probably in their arena shard chat
  • Putnam wrote: »
    Lol just join it

Can't man. I had to grind hard to get there. Screw them.
  • Well now you don’t have to grind anymore cause they let u in. An invitation means you’ve arrived and you’ve done what you needed to do to get here. Welcome to easier payouts and more crystals.

This is how the world works
  • Your just lucky that the top players on your shard didn't join the same guild and collude against you. At least they are letting you in.
  • Millenial mentality, dont want to work for anything and want everything given to them with little effort.
  • Rejecting their invitation is a bad idea and you’re gonna get less crystals and have to fight more cause they’ll still target you everyday
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The only thing that’s surprising about your post is that you didn’t already know this.
  • It's not collusion; it's cooperation.

To me, the social/communication aspect of this game is the best part; i.e., chatting with guildies, sharing strategies, telling jokes, etc. It's probably the only reason I'm still playing. I made friends with my arena shard guys too. I know when people's payouts are so I make sure not to hit them when they're trying to climb. That's not collusion; that's common courtesy and just being a nice guy. I'm nice to them, they're nice to me. If you're nice to them I'm sure they'll extend you the same courtesy. If you don't play nice and choose to hit people during their payouts can you blame them for wanting to move you back?

As far as "how deep does it go"... it's every single shard. lol. I recommend joining your shard chat. It will improve your payouts and serve as another venue for making friends in the game. Win/win.
  • Like it or not, that's how just about every shard works. You're free to keep om doing your own thing, but if you mess with their payouts, they will send you down a slide.
  • Liath is right this has been a thing for years
  • Atrreyu wrote: »
    Putnam wrote: »
    Lol just join it

Can't man. I had to grind hard to get there. Screw them.

Your hard work is over, join them and it only gets easier. Or continue to fight them tooth and nail everyday, and you'll be added to there hit list and it will only get harder for you
  • Wish there was a way to regulate that. I applaud your efforts of resistance!
  • A lot of times people want to get people in so the payout times are known. A common problem would be someone from the US doing a daily and hitting someone from euro payout.
    If they asked you in it’s probably because they want the time zones known.
    As others have said above some shards are really cray. 2 chats, big time war, people allow you only certain spots. And if a guild takes over the shard they can flex really hard.

• Liath wrote: »
    The only thing that’s surprising about your post is that you didn’t already know this.

Yeah. This. I kinda think it's dumb too, but this is the way things go on EVERY shard. There's a whole subforum here that is basically dedicated finding shardmates and colluding: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/pvp-and-rivalry

Welcome to the reality of the game.
  • I'm part of this for my shard. We have about 20 people in the chat so far. It helps so we know when each others payouts are and we don't accidentally bump others out close to payout. We've had a few reject our invitation to join and we go after them every chance we get. Most of the time they won't even finish top 20 anymore
  • It's not that they "decided who gets what place," it's that of the people in a given payout time, those people try to make sure there is an even distribution amongst themselves. There are 2 other people in my chat that share my payout hour. We have no set of rules for who gets what place, but most days there is still some discussion as to who goes where, usually based on recent activity, if someone had to refresh, and if someone is busy.

Honestly, you should just join the chat. Then there is no more grind, since most of the top 20 will just leave you alone if it isn't their hour.
  • Yeah, this is a “thing” around here. It baffles me how the devs let people get away with this, because if they are cheating their way into more free crystals they will obviously spend less real cash.
    But hey, if the company endorses this behavior, maybe its profitable for them - I dont know.
    What I do know, sir, is that Im a rebel like you are, and no collusion will stop me from playing the game nor achieving the rank I desire - Im not anyones kitten and I play against whoever I want whenever I want.
    All you colluders are just lazy and not hard working enough. Watch out, fellas, that may not work so Well for you guys IRL.
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    It's not collusion; it's cooperation.

To me, the social/communication aspect of this game is the best part; i.e., chatting with guildies, sharing strategies, telling jokes, etc. It's probably the only reason I'm still playing. I made friends with my arena shard guys too. I know when people's payouts are so I make sure not to hit them when they're trying to climb. That's not collusion; that's common courtesy and just being a nice guy. I'm nice to them, they're nice to me. If you're nice to them I'm sure they'll extend you the same courtesy. If you don't play nice and choose to hit people during their payouts can you blame them for wanting to move you back?

As far as "how deep does it go"... it's every single shard. lol. I recommend joining your shard chat. It will improve your payouts and serve as another venue for making friends in the game. Win/win.

Your're nice to them and they are nice to you. What you said in your post is collusion bud. All good man. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    On my shard I found out in the top 10 people talk to each other and decide who gets what place. This is some punk kittens. How do I know this? I was approached with this on my shard. Through message in discord and asked if I wanted in. I was told I'm messing up their payouts hence why they want to bring me into the fold. I got to the 1 spot in arena by myself and without collusion. Bunch of punks. I wonder how deep this runs on other shards. @CG_Kozispoon what can be done against this if anything? Seems like a sly manipulation. I don't care who gets mad at me, I'm not with this behavior.

Everyone can win against anyone on offense in arena nowadays, even with crap mods, given the rock-paper-scissors landscape created by CG, a limited AI and the powercreep toons released in the past 12 months.

There is zero merit reaching 1st at payout.

Not joining the chat and not knowing who has his payout when will result in you impacting other people's real life by sending some people down when they are climbing. This is time in their life they would use otherwise, especially since payout is dinner time for most. This is not nice and worse if done on purpose....
  • I 100% agree with you OP, it fudging sucks, and it makes arena absolute bad news bears
  • I think a lot of you folks have an inherently poor understanding of the word collusion lol. Knowing when your shardmate's payouts are and choosing not to mess with them at that time so they can get good crystals is not "collusion"... it's just being nice. It's common courtesy. The social/cooperative aspects of this game (guilds/shards) are why it's so successful.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Join or don't join no one is forced to. Until arena changes (don't think it ever will) this will be going on.
  • Atrreyu wrote: »
    It's not collusion; it's cooperation.

Your're nice to them and they are nice to you. What you said in your post is collusion bud. All good man. Thanks for the heads up.

Collusion implies something illegal or against the rules, and this is neither.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, this is a “thing” around here. It baffles me how the devs let people get away with this, because if they are cheating their way into more free crystals they will obviously spend less real cash.
    But hey, if the company endorses this behavior, maybe its profitable for them - I dont know.
    What I do know, sir, is that Im a rebel like you are, and no collusion will stop me from playing the game nor achieving the rank I desire - Im not anyones kitten and I play against whoever I want whenever I want.
    All you colluders are just lazy and not hard working enough. Watch out, fellas, that may not work so Well for you guys IRL.

They probably make more money when a small group is getting all the good PvP crystal payouts it forces a larger group to buy more crystals to catch-up
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Cry me a river. Whatever you do don't join a group that will enable you to earn more crystals without threat of being bumped.

Honestly this is the 1000'th post like this send it where the rest of them get sent.

It's not that people are mad at you for not joining...it's just they cannot understand how unintelligent it is.

• Dk_rek wrote: »

Cry me a river. Whatever you do don't join a group that will enable you to earn more crystals without threat of being bumped.

Honestly this is the 1000'th post like this send it where the rest of them get sent.

It's not that people are mad at you for not joining...it's just they cannot understand how unintelligent it is.

You don't like what I'm saying... Then get the stepping. Quit acting like a troll. You have your opinion I have mine. Savvy
  • I think a lot of you folks have an inherently poor understanding of the word collusion lol. Knowing when your shardmate's payouts are and choosing not to mess with them at that time so they can get good crystals is not "collusion"... it's just being nice. It's common courtesy. The social/cooperative aspects of this game (guilds/shards) are why it's so successful.
    Oh, Im sorry, I thought Arena was meant for PvP content - that means, Arena is player versus player. Key word here is “versus”, which implies competitiveness. Which, btw, involves ethics and merit, not “being nice to people”.
    Let me give you an ingame example: on TW, a tie means both guilds get the same rewards - however, everybody hates a tie, no one does the favor of “being nice” to other guilds. So this thing about “its not collusion, its a courtesy”, is complete ****.
    Also, how many people you reckon share the same payout in a shard? Id say at the very least some 10 people. So obviously only one of them will get the top reward. If that’s the case, why not just avoid this thing and being truly competitive?
    Because people are lazy and just want the easy way out. Which I can respect, but please don’t portray this collusion thing as good. And it hurts specially the longevity of the game, cause people will spend less by sharing payouts.
This discussion has been closed.