Need a little help please

2Next

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Moo wrote: »
    Oh wow! There's a LOT to know about mods...sigh. I think I have to shelve this until I can farm the ones you recommended - tier 3?

You are probably close to doing the tier 3 health mod challenge now. It requires 5 5 star characters and I found it very easy at level 60.
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Y'know I probably haven't pushed hard enough. I think I've been blowing all my CantEnergy on the shards for a long time. LOL!
  • Moo wrote: »
    Oh wow! There's a LOT to know about mods...sigh. I think I have to shelve this until I can farm the ones you recommended - tier 3?
    What I personally did was to basically take the best mods that I had available and put them on my Arena team (which is also mostly my GW team). After getting so far into Mod Battles, they started to stack up so I figured that I may as well put some of them to work.

Yes, they are weak mods comparatively, but they boosted my primary toons enough to make it worth the cost of upgrading them. I have noticed a difference in all game modes.

From here though, I am just working on unlocking all of the level 5 Mods from the Mod Challenges (Tier III challenges). I will farm them as I unlock the Tier III challenges, but I won't be adjusting any Mod sets until I am at level 80 or better. By then I should have some decent level 5 Mods.

• Moo
    16 posts Member
    Xoulrath wrote: »
    What I personally did was to basically take the best mods that I had available and put them on my Arena team (which is also mostly my GW team). After getting so far into Mod Battles, they started to stack up so I figured that I may as well put some of them to work.

Yes, they are weak mods comparatively, but they boosted my primary toons enough to make it worth the cost of upgrading them. I have noticed a difference in all game modes.

From here though, I am just working on unlocking all of the level 5 Mods from the Mod Challenges (Tier III challenges). I will farm them as I unlock the Tier III challenges, but I won't be adjusting any Mod sets until I am at level 80 or better. By then I should have some decent level 5 Mods.

That makes sense. I think I'm still working through the level 2 mod battles. What does the tier level have to do with the mod level?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Xoulrath wrote: »

That makes sense. I think I'm still working through the level 2 mod battles. What does the tier level have to do with the mod level?

You don't worthwhile mods from mod battles. When you complete some battles mod challenges open up. In the mod challenges

Tier 1 gives awful mods
    Tier 2 gives bad mods
    Tier 3 gives worthwhile mods
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Ohhhh! So I haven't even seen the mod challenges yet. That makes more sense.
  • mod challenges open after clearing lvl 3 of mod battles
  • Moo
    16 posts Member
    Just a quick update guys! I think I've got my Hera good to go. Time to start farming gear / shards for Ezra!

https://swgoh.gg/u/witchcraft/
  • Just work your way up through mod battles and eventually challenges. At lower levels you barely have gold to level up your characters, let alone to spend on the highest tier mod. 1 dot mods are better than no mods at all. Focus on what you can complete.
  • Moo wrote: »
    Just a quick update guys! I think I've got my Hera good to go. Time to start farming gear / shards for Ezra!

https://swgoh.gg/u/witchcraft/

Yes, your team is getting better. Also, once you hear up the rest, switch to Phoenix in arena. They hold better defensively.
    MS