Arena collusion groups deciding payouts

2Next

Replies

• I’m pretty much bored of the bi-weekly ‘omg arena shards have co-operation for payouts’ threads, it’s going to happen, there is no way it can be stopped as people will always find each other if they can!

Consider yourself lucky that there is a shard chat in a language you can speak, that way you can join in when you se the light..

Have a nice day :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Welcome to the top ranks! If you're still ranking top5 a month from now, maybe you'll reconsider their offer. Having to worry about getting sniped gets old real quick.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I think a lot of you folks have an inherently poor understanding of the word collusion lol. Knowing when your shardmate's payouts are and choosing not to mess with them at that time so they can get good crystals is not "collusion"... it's just being nice. It's common courtesy. The social/cooperative aspects of this game (guilds/shards) are why it's so successful.
    Oh, Im sorry, I thought Arena was meant for PvP content - that means, Arena is player versus player. Key word here is “versus”, which implies competitiveness. Which, btw, involves ethics and merit, not “being nice to people”.
    Let me give you an ingame example: on TW, a tie means both guilds get the same rewards - however, everybody hates a tie, no one does the favor of “being nice” to other guilds. So this thing about “its not collusion, its a courtesy”, is complete ****.
    Also, how many people you reckon share the same payout in a shard? Id say at the very least some 10 people. So obviously only one of them will get the top reward. If that’s the case, why not just avoid this thing and being truly competitive?
    Because people are lazy and just want the easy way out. Which I can respect, but please don’t portray this collusion thing as good. And it hurts specially the longevity of the game, cause people will spend less by sharing payouts.

How on earth can you think that given the way the arena mechanics are it can allow for competition to prevail. When everyone can win against everyone on offence, it then just comes to how quick you are at locking yourself in battle with someone else and to win you need to attack 5 minutes before the payout.

Some people use crystal to refresh the cooldown, some even uses bots to spam the "battle" button to be first to get the fight once the opponent is not engaged anymore.

This is just mayhem, with no merits associated with finishing 1st when you prevail.

• I think a lot of you folks have an inherently poor understanding of the word collusion lol. Knowing when your shardmate's payouts are and choosing not to mess with them at that time so they can get good crystals is not "collusion"... it's just being nice. It's common courtesy. The social/cooperative aspects of this game (guilds/shards) are why it's so successful.
    Oh, Im sorry, I thought Arena was meant for PvP content - that means, Arena is player versus player. Key word here is “versus”, which implies competitiveness. Which, btw, involves ethics and merit, not “being nice to people”.
    Let me give you an ingame example: on TW, a tie means both guilds get the same rewards - however, everybody hates a tie, no one does the favor of “being nice” to other guilds. So this thing about “its not collusion, its a courtesy”, is complete ****.
    Also, how many people you reckon share the same payout in a shard? Id say at the very least some 10 people. So obviously only one of them will get the top reward. If that’s the case, why not just avoid this thing and being truly competitive?
    Because people are lazy and just want the easy way out. Which I can respect, but please don’t portray this collusion thing as good. And it hurts specially the longevity of the game, cause people will spend less by sharing payouts.

Merit is still firmly involved. Out of the 20,000 squads in my arena shard, 99.8% of them can't beat my team. Period. That's merit.

Out of the 20-40 teams that can beat me, there is exactly one (1) other guy at my payout hour. He takes 1st one day, I take it the next day. I absolutely could battle against him and try to take 1st for myself everyday... but I'm not a ****.

Like I said, making friends in this game is what keeps people dedicated. It's just more fun.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, this is a “thing” around here. It baffles me how the devs let people get away with this, because if they are cheating their way into more free crystals they will obviously spend less real cash.
    But hey, if the company endorses this behavior, maybe its profitable for them - I dont know.
    What I do know, sir, is that Im a rebel like you are, and no collusion will stop me from playing the game nor achieving the rank I desire - Im not anyones kitten and I play against whoever I want whenever I want.
    All you colluders are just lazy and not hard working enough. Watch out, fellas, that may not work so Well for you guys IRL.

Hint # 1 poster has a big ego : Because he posts something it must be true (when it's usually not)

blah blah... I'm a cell phone game OG...

Why does ego induce you to post how great you are and even more allusions to your ego. Does it not ever get old for you ????

dear lord

Can we get a new "ego" subforum and just move all 'ego" posts there ???? Then people with Big Egos can have a place where they can post with other people with "Big Egos".... kind of like a support group for people with Big Egos....

Also when they try to find out who has the biggest ego we can enjoy the chaos
  • @Kyno keep an eye out this one is devolving into pointless bickering
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Do you realize how dumb this sounds ????

Competitiveness has nothing to do with it.

Skill has nothing to do with it

How much money and time you have spent has nothing to do with it.

How OG a phone warrior (lol good for you on that BTW) you are has nothing to do with it

It's simple logistics You have 5 attacks with a guaranteed 5 minute cooldown You have to hold a certain spot at an exact time that a large amount of other people are trying to get..

No greatness no amount of money, or skill changes that.
    I think a lot of you folks have an inherently poor understanding of the word collusion lol. Knowing when your shardmate's payouts are and choosing not to mess with them at that time so they can get good crystals is not "collusion"... it's just being nice. It's common courtesy. The social/cooperative aspects of this game (guilds/shards) are why it's so successful.

Merit is still firmly involved. Out of the 20,000 squads in my arena shard, 99.8% of them can't beat my team. Period. That's merit.

Out of the 20-40 teams that can beat me, there is exactly one (1) other guy at my payout hour. He takes 1st one day, I take it the next day. I absolutely could battle against him and try to take 1st for myself everyday... but I'm not a ****.

Like I said, making friends in this game is what keeps people dedicated. It's just more fun.

it's not that NOT sharing makes you a **** there should be no emotion invovled in this like the Ego posters ITT.

It's a simple math problem over the long term your EV is greater with the 1-2-1-2. Then battling it out and then on the days where someone jumps you, or you can't be there, or the wife is sick or blah blah.

intelligent people see the merit and long term value of not being the shard ****. While the ego posters and phone warriors only see well...their egos. Along with the people who are probably ranked 600th in their Arena and somehow think they would be 500th is some imaginary cheating was not going on....

Me personally I'm not in an Arena chat I can only take between 51-200 and have not been invited to the club. Hopefully someday I will :)
  • OP, consider yourself lucky. My shard doesn’t even have a chat. I may have to create it. Lol Not even top 20. Lol
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Here's the thing. There is nothing illegal or secret (since they invited you to their chat) going on here, in other words: this is not collusion.
    Regardless, some players prefer to mash the refresh/battle buttons to dog-pile 1st place, burning crystals because it's no big deal to them... while other players try to save crystals (AND TIME) by organizing a structure so they are NOT burning crystals and time just to crawl a few positions at payout. Just as it is your choice to burn crystals and leap-frog over whoever you choose, they may choose to take turns in different positions or rotate amongst themselves.
    Enjoy your game.
    1l96p754adyy.gif
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Just a friendly reminder, let’s keep it civil and respectful above all else. I appreciate the lack of profanity, but let’s keep in mind how opinions can quickly turn into judge mental accusations.

More on topic, in my own experience, a shard chat holds a lot of functions. For one, saving everyone a lot of stress and chaotic scrambling while playing the guessing game of your opponents’ activity and arena-climb hour for their payout; opening communications for competitors with good sportsmanship and enjoying connections in the swgoh community on another front; becoming more familiar with other players’ strategies to exchange ideas for self-improvement.

I’m like arena rank #150-300, depending on the day. I found my shard chat, who really only dealt with the top 20-50, but were able to help shed some light on my strategies and progression outline, giving advice as to how to move up faster in the ranks. I spoke with them at rank #350 (consistently), and they helped me get into a higher tier (me < 200, consistently).

PvP doesn’t mean cut-throat. But JT does cater to your own play-style, and anyone is welcome to decline invitations. By no means is a shard chat absolutely necessary. It’s optional, like Discord or Line servers for non-serious guilds.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
This discussion has been closed.