Vet drop rates

Please please fix this. Is there any chance that things like drop rates (especially for the vets) being fixed anytime soon?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can't fix what isn't broken.

The drop rates are what they use to pace the game. They are not great, across the board. This game is a grind marathon.
  • Kyno wrote: »

The drop rates are what they use to pace the game. They are not great, across the board. This game is a grind marathon.

Ok.... I agree with the Pace.....but when I refresh three times and only get four Vet Han shards.....sir I hate to say it....but your definition of broken and my definition are totally different. Cause that ratio, in any language, is broken.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ArkhamJay wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Ok.... I agree with the Pace.....but when I refresh three times and only get four Vet Han shards.....sir I hate to say it....but your definition of broken and my definition are totally different. Cause that ratio, in any language, is broken.

Then you don't agree with the pace. If you got more shards (which you do at times) all the time the pace would be faster.

1 bad run or day, or even week does not a bad drop rate make. There are ups and downs, it's the nature of the game. In the large scale of each toon it evens out.
  • But.... it's the same old story about what is "random" in the game....
    Everyone of us made the experience of making 2 refreshes and receive 0-2 shards total.This happens many times.
    If "random" was true, we should have, at least one time in a whole guild, the case in which 2 refreshes give... I don't know... maybe 15 shards?
  • I kept track of every shard vs. sim for a few characters and my findings are that (1) Sundays have the worse drop rates and (2) some characters have better drop rates than others. Finn for example had a 22.5% drop rate while Vet Han is currently at 35% (go figure). Of course, I learned my lesson before and I've been limiting my sim use on Sundays to the bare minimum while the rest of the week I usually refresh twice. For Vet Han I average 9 shards/day (2 refreshes) and for Finn, my daily average was 7 shards/day (2 refreshes).

RNG works in mysterious ways...Good luck with your farming!
  • Erebus2017
    50 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I generally pace all my cantina farms at a 30% drop rate and more often than not finish within half a day +/- of that figure. Been tracking all my farms since August and it pretty much plays out. Yes I have days that I am ahead and days that I am behind, but if I need 180 shards, it's pretty much a 18-19 day farm on 3 refreshes a day. 32-33 sims a day with somewhere around 9.5 shards per day.

I often see a run of days where I get ahead of the pace, like multiple 11-12 shard days but then there is usually a "correction" day where I put up like 5. In the end though, that 30% figure plays.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Anyone who says they have better drop rates on Sunday is fooling themselves.

Anyway I went 10/20 today on DT. Yesterday I went 2/20. Yesterday the drop rate was broken. Today it isn't. go figure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It averages out to about 33%. You'll hit good days and bad days.
  • I've been tracking my cantina drop rates for months. For me, they all run right at 30-35% overall (and yes, there is some pretty wild fluctuation day to day).

Maybe CG just likes me more than they like you. /sarcasm
  • I finished both two nights ago. Took me about 3 months to farm them. Absolutely horrible drop rates.
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    I finished both two nights ago. Took me about 3 months to farm them. Absolutely horrible drop rates.

I'm with you. I'm not done because I give up on them daily.. when I go 3/24 and 4-5/36 daily kinda puts me off of farming them
  • ArkhamJay wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Broken means that wasn't the intended drop rate. That's why it's not broken, it was intended to be that way.
  • This is getting old real quick. 3 cantina refreshes yielded 2 vet Han shards. I guess I’ll wait until 2019 to get JTR. So much fun!