GameChanger Gameplay: Sith Marauder

Prev13
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
The "Shadow of Malachor" Marquee event has come early to the Holotable, and our Gamechangers have been hard at work testing out the newest addition to the dark side. Please see their videos below:

Nukin:
https://youtu.be/sIxOdumIeZE
AhnaldT101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plmjTOfo8CQ
CubsFanHan:
https://youtu.be/Po9_de2jJgk
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

Replies

• jedibaer71
    573 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    interesting question:

can sith marauder replace wampa?

i don‘t have wampa and i don‘t have 7* marauder. and i think i‘m not alone.

that‘s why for me the question is a mood point.

at christmas i will know... ;-)
  • Any chance we can get some testing of newer characters in more real-world situations? For example, a Sith Marauder that's NOT seven star and gear 12, or characters on teams that don't consist of every top-end character (JTR, Thrawn, GK) that many people may not have unlocked?
    Go Pens!
  • I agree with evgenicassel ..... Especially since now we can’t buy the pack and be one star above f2p. I thought it was a bug but the hot fix only sent mods no character shards.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Any chance we can get some testing of newer characters in more real-world situations? For example, a Sith Marauder that's NOT seven star and gear 12, or characters on teams that don't consist of every top-end character (JTR, Thrawn, GK) that many people may not have unlocked?

Probably not. You're watching a sales pitch. They have to show off their A game.
  • Any chance we can get some testing of newer characters in more real-world situations? For example, a Sith Marauder that's NOT seven star and gear 12, or characters on teams that don't consist of every top-end character (JTR, Thrawn, GK) that many people may not have unlocked?

Probably not. You're watching a sales pitch. They have to show off their A game.

I get that part of it. But I don’t need 10 sales pitches. Eight would be good, with one or two actual examples thrown in for good measure.
    Go Pens!

Did you not see Ahnald's video linked above? It's a 2 star G11 marauder.

I did. Almost anyone is viable with G12 General Kenobi, Thrawn, etc. I just think some representation for mid-game players would be nice.
    Go Pens!

I did. Almost anyone is viable with G12 General Kenobi, Thrawn, etc. I just think some representation for mid-game players would be nice.

The problem is that the gamechangers don't have the ability to play in a mid-game arena shard. Any tests they did of characters at that level would be entirely inorganic. Besides, the majority of the game takes place at max level anyway.
  • Same if they ask: can Maserati replace Ferrari?
    Not the "real people" world

All what what you have mentioned is still f2p accessible. Their purpose there is to see if it can be playable for upper rank f2p players.

• On reveal videos sith marauder’s special was doing 26k-40k damage.But on gamechangers videos i saw max his special was doing 16k-20k.What is the difference why he is doing low damage now ?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    In at least 2 of the 3 videos one of the reviewers comments "he's not that great in arena". And in the last one, CubsfanHan simply shows his teams losing a high percentage of the time (especially when considers that they are running solid Vader/Wampa combos). So pretty much what most of us suspected - his damage is way underpowered at high level arena.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Thanks for the clarity and helping me make my decisions towards this toon
    Def a B @NukinFromRepublic I think he can do more hopefully if the new raid has a larger amount of damage and capabilities to make him more useful In a raid ? Can’t wait to see
  • Seems cool but not worth spending real money for. If it was someone like Revan I'm sure people would sell their cats and dogs lol
  • I am sure the new Sith raid bosses already have a mechanic to ignore this toons abilities and it will only apply to Rancor and AAT.
  • What about wives and girlfriends ?
  • Sadly with all the lackluster characters, Revan might be a big disappointment. Which would be a shame, since I love kotor.
  • I’m still on the fence for SM.. is he fixed or that’s the way he is? I haven’t seen much from the game changers in terms of him performing awesome... Nukin’s video showed some good numbers...? What is the communities thoughts? I was prepared to start buying him but.....it looks very underpowered even though his character is bada$$!!! Any feedback is welcome and if anyone had better luck testing him, please post. Thanks guys and gals.
  • Mrpanama wrote: »
    I’m still on the fence for SM.. is he fixed or that’s the way he is? I haven’t seen much from the game changers in terms of him performing awesome... Nukin’s video showed some good numbers...? What is the communities thoughts? I was prepared to start buying him but.....it looks very underpowered even though his character is bada$$!!! Any feedback is welcome and if anyone had better luck testing him, please post. Thanks guys and gals.

If you are considering him for high end arena, SM is not the toon for you based on the videos above. He doesn't add anything unique or game changing to arena which is fine, not every toon can or should have an impact on arena.

If you want to add a badass looking toon to your DS TB sith team? Go for it.

• Strubz wrote: »
    Mrpanama wrote: »
    I’m still on the fence for SM.. is he fixed or that’s the way he is? I haven’t seen much from the game changers in terms of him performing awesome... Nukin’s video showed some good numbers...? What is the communities thoughts? I was prepared to start buying him but.....it looks very underpowered even though his character is bada$$!!! Any feedback is welcome and if anyone had better luck testing him, please post. Thanks guys and gals.

If you are considering him for high end arena, SM is not the toon for you based on the videos above. He doesn't add anything unique or game changing to arena which is fine, not every toon can or should have an impact on arena.

If you want to add a badass looking toon to your DS TB sith team? Go for it.

Would you even use him in tb though? The way he hits like a wet blanket would make it very difficult in the higher phases with all the heals and cleanses they put out.
  • Mrpanama wrote: »
    I was prepared to start buying him but.....it looks very underpowered...

You, Sir, have answered your own question!

• Please fix just reworked characters before throwing new one.. Dv unique zeta not working and ep can't land his stuff
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    G_Man wrote: »
    ...kitten...

I think you misunderstand. They have a mathematician. Except that person's job is to crunch the data and make it so most guilds are just short of being able to finish the platoons. And then as soon as said guild finally has enough "new" characters to possibly fill them, CG/EA just releases a new character, and put's that character in platoons based on the data of how many players per guild on average have the new character...then they add a few extras.

It's called "moving the goal posts" and it happens with every TB. Last LS they added Rose, this DS it's Marauder. Then whales in guilds buy Rose and SM - so CG/EA releases a new toon of each faction so that by the time the next TB comes around, whales have to re-up...just to match the level of progress they had on the previous TB. CG/EA has figured out that they don't have to release new content - just keep selling the same progress level over and over again to the same customers each TB.

Now, if those customers actually ever realize that they are on the uncomfortable end of a game of "rope-a-dope" then it gets interesting.
    Post edited by Pyrefly on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I don’t think I be buying him for now. I think i would feel better seeing video of him being tested, gear 11 or 12, 7 stars and with some more or less good mods. Seeing the finished product would provide a better picture?. So far most videos only have him at 3 or 4 stars...? I’m sure he will be something we need for the upcoming Sith raid... this last video was somewhat helpful.
    Anyone have any details to add?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'm far from done with him, and I haven't hit the g12 endgame myself (the g12 teams I can take on are trash) but I did get him to four stars.

I think as others are saying, his offense is lacking. He's not a wet noodle, but it's just not up to par damage wise.

I do think he is hella tough tho. I haven't brought him to arena yet, just GW and TB. He doesn't get debuffed easily, lifesteal is off the chain, defense isn't to shabby. It's almost as if the offense we expected was put into his defense. Like I wonder what he could do with a taunt.

I don't think he'll be best under DN. he'll be good, but you could probably get more out of him under Palp or Zader. That said, I could be wrong.

I honestly think he could be plugged in to any team as a tough r2 smokescreen candidate.

I think he's awesome and I'm going to try to use him, but he's far from overwhelming. He's also not hot garbage.
  • HK666 wrote: »
    I think he's awesome and I'm going to try to use him, but he's far from overwhelming. He's also not hot garbage.

Good Lord, there really is no room for such enthusiastic reasonableness on this board lol!

Great that you like him, good luck with using him and working him, and his synergies, out.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's called "moving the goal posts" and it happens with every TB. Last LS they added Rose, this DS it's Marauder. Then whales in guilds buy Rose and SM - so CG/EA releases a new toon of each faction so that by the time the next TB comes around, whales have to re-up...just to match the level of progress they had on the previous TB. CG/EA has figured out that they don't have to release new content - just keep selling the same progress level over and over again to the same customers each TB.

Gosh- the way you put it make it sound just like, you know, a business or something!

:smiley:

Gosh- the way you put it make it sound just like, you know, a business or something!

There are ways to make money without making your customers feel like they are wasting their's. Making your customers happy, for instance. But I digress.

When you have developed a business model that makes customers feel like spending money brings no substantial advantage, it can lead to long-time supporters (some significant) not spending at all. That, IMHO, is not a good business decision.

That, IMHO, is not a good business decision.

Which is not my, and I assume not your, problem.

Go ahead and enjoy the game.