Why is Modding Speed Even a Thing?

13Next

Replies

• Funderbolts
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    But there’s no alleviating the fact that every mod you hand out that doesn’t have speed, is a worthless mod.

Thanks to the introduction of TB and TW, this is not true for non-endgame players. Especially if you're still improving your roster for those events.

Yes but first world problems they will eventually have to deal with as well. In fact, the problem is compounded later on in life when they realize every mod they’ve acquired up to that point is now worthless.
  • While I agree that speed and speed mods and farming speed mods and RNG is all a bit much, please stop this pineapple-on-pizza nonsense. That's just crazy. #nerfpineappleonpizza
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • If only you knew the power of the pineapple.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    While I agree that speed and speed mods and farming speed mods and RNG is all a bit much, please stop this pineapple-on-pizza nonsense. That's just crazy. #nerfpineappleonpizza
    Indeed. Pineapple belongs nowhere near a pizza.

• @leef lol you sir are lost, @Funderbolts did very well at explaining his point and it literally has nothing to do with farming. The whole game revolves around constant farming if he had a problem with that i doubt he would be playing. His point is that rare mods should consist of more mods than just ones with 15+ speed. They should be just as hard to get as a 15+ speed mod and still have the same type of effect on stats that the 15+ speed mod would have.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    BailWritt wrote: »
    leef lol you sir are lost, Funderbolts did very well at explaining his point and it literally has nothing to do with farming. The whole game revolves around constant farming if he had a problem with that i doubt he would be playing. His point is that rare mods should consist of more mods than just ones with 15+ speed. They should be just as hard to get as a 15+ speed mod and still have the same type of effect on stats that the 15+ speed mod would have.
    @BailWritt
    You do realize that is impossible without drastically nerfing the droprate of "good" mods right? If other secondaries were just as good as speed pretty much all farmed blue, purple and gold mods would be "good", currently that's not even close to being the case. I'm not sure how you came to the conclussion that "it literally has nothing to do with farming". Have you not read his comments? This one for example;
    My point is a system that: 1) requires you to look for one stat to determine a mod’s worth, 2) ends with 95% of mods in the trash.

I didn't want to dismiss his whole argument by saying that i think he's having issues with mod farming instead of with speed secondaries. I just don't see how his proposed change (originally it was removing speed on mods alltogether) would solve the issue i think he's having. The game wouldn't benefit from removing or reducing speed on mods imo and i haven't seen compelling arguments that it actually would.
    The only thing that can't be "dismissed" as being a mod farming issue is the level of customization. Reducing speed on mods to where it would be more or equally beneficial to put anything other than speed in the arrow slot, would trivialize mods. Wich, you guessed it, would lead to not having to farm that many mods because they don't have a big enough impact on the outcome of battles. Still, having max speed from mods, even if that max is severly reduced, is probably still the way to go. (mainly because it's "speed and" and not "speed or").
    Long story short, the way it currently works isn't that bad at all. You can just farm speed secondaries and you're golden.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Some team compositions are reaching speed lvls that you turn meter reduction or gain are not enough anymore.
  • @leef please listen please, all the man is saying is that mods should not be focused only around speed. Mods came into the game as a tool to further customize a character. Well currently the mod system is strictly to increase speed, with the exception of a few tanks. These "godly" mods should not be decided by one single stat. If you have a team fully modded in top end speed mods and I have a team fully modded in whatever you would consider top end mods for say offense or any other stat my team would still get destroyed by yours. In a game with such depth in stats its a shame that speed trumps everything. I DON'T WANT MOD FARMING TO BE EASIER. Those who grind mods should 100% be above those players that push mod farming to the side. Just looking for more variety when it comes to mod choices for characters. And yeah maybe the drop rate for your excellent speed mods drops a little bit, but like you said don't complain about mod farming right?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    BailWritt wrote: »
    @leef please listen please, all the man is saying is that mods should not be focused only around speed. Mods came into the game as a tool to further customize a character. Well currently the mod system is strictly to increase speed, with the exception of a few tanks. These "godly" mods should not be decided by one single stat. If you have a team fully modded in top end speed mods and I have a team fully modded in whatever you would consider top end mods for say offense or any other stat my team would still get destroyed by yours. In a game with such depth in stats its a shame that speed trumps everything. I DON'T WANT MOD FARMING TO BE EASIER. Those who grind mods should 100% be above those players that push mod farming to the side. Just looking for more variety when it comes to mod choices for characters. And yeah maybe the drop rate for your excellent speed mods drops a little bit, but like you said don't complain about mod farming right?

Okay, well maybe it's just a coincedence that the suggested changes result in modfarming becomming alot easier.
    Also, you can very well complain about mod farming, it's a gigantic pita. Wich is kinda my whole point. If your issue lies with mod farming, don't ask the devs to chance speed on mods (wich will result in easier mod farming), but ask them to change mod farming.
    Save water, drink champagne!