Bounty Hunters are meh! How to beat Phase 5 DSTB with bounty Hunters!

Prev1
SirGeorgeous
32 posts Member
edited February 2018
Greetings gamers!

Sir Georgeous showing how to beat the Phase 5 of Dark Side Territory Battles with gear 8 bounty Hunters! I do have Boba and IG88 at gear 11, but you'll see that doesn't make a difference in the battle or outcome.

Another disclaimer: my guild is awesome with platoons, but this battle is without ANY of the benefits from platoons. The platoon special abilities are not used, the enemy never gets a chance to use their crippling special, and supply lines do not exist for this territory.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/du0U6JygIvo
Post edited by SirGeorgeous on

Replies

• Still need a rework and new additions
  • Greetings gamers!

Sir Georgeous showing how to beat the Phase 5 of Dark Side Territory Battles with gear 8 bounty Hunters!

https://youtu.be/du0U6JygIvo

It's clearly a mislead.. i see boba and ig88 at g11
    :unamused:
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Like he does have IG and Boba pass g8... but it might be possible at g8. He only took 3 hits I think
  • Have you ever used a g8 ig88 3 hits is all it takes lol, mine is g11 now and still pretty weak
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Misleading title.

But, not even bothering with the B.H.'es mission until they release new B.H.'es.

Sorry, but the current group are just a waste of resources.
  • Misleading for sure. I've complete the special missions for the last few tw. Today, however, I lost. So rng does play in the victory.

G11 boba, g11 88, g9 zam, g8 dengar, g8 greedo
  • Yeah...no. For one yes the the gear 11 boba/ig88 makes a difference and they all have some arena tier mods on them (+60-90 speed on boba and zam???)

Plus gear 8 is asking alot for some absolutely garbage toons I’m never gonna use anywhere else. Bounty hunters need a rework/ new characters. Simple as that
  • Clickbait
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Misleading for sure. I've complete the special missions for the last few tw. Today, however, I lost. So rng does play in the victory.

G11 boba, g11 88, g9 zam, g8 dengar, g8 greedo

Same. Except I use case bane at g7 instead of dengar. It's super RNG dependent whether I manage to win it not.

But bounty Hunters definitely do suck, so regardless of whether you can complete the mission or not, the only three worth anything are boba, ig and zam (and the latter is ONLY good under a boba lead).

Oh, and the phase 3 combat mission is just as RNG dependent. Finished it this TB for the first time, but I haven't geared my BH since last DS TB, when I failed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Next up: How to solo the rancor with g1 characters ! ;)
    Other than that, i believe this vid could be usefull for a whole lot of players.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Thanks for the strategy but clearly 2 of your bounty hunters are GS 11 with a GS 9 in there.
  • lets just mention that boba and ig88 are g11, and that your guild is full of whales that buy everything and 160M gp so you can easily fill the platoons.
    not that i care much, but its very misleading and "doing this exact tactics" is useless suggestion if it cant do the exact same thing.
    however, good job on the video and your success, and on your good will.
  • this TB i though i was going to be able to win with my BH that is untill in one of their missions they encountered 3+ Pilots, RIP no thermal detonators
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Well, he's saying beat the mission and that's true - but with characters geared / modded like this you won't win 100% of the time here. And BH do stink because if the TD tactic fails they have nothing to fall back on. For example - Zam throws the TDs and they get resisted EXCEPT on the stealthed spys (had this happen to me before despite having heavy potency on Zam) so you have no TDs to hit. You also have a potential issue if you can't land the ability block on the Rebel Pilot (this has happened to me also) and he will cleanse everything and you're in a world of hurt. I actually use this exact same config, but in order to close down the pain from these RNG holes and increase my win rate I took Dengar to G9, Boba is G12, 88 is G11, Zam and Cad are G10. This feels about the minimum for having a >90% win rate. I also remod a bit and get better mods on Boba, Cad, and Zam.

The OP never said this will win 100% of the time, so it's not misleading in that way - but agree I thought this was going to be an all G8 squad so the title was a bit click-bate style. Still, a good video with an overall low level team and thanks for sharing.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Calling an actual helpful video click bait and misleading is par for the course these days on the OF.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Maegor wrote: »
    Calling an actual helpful video click bait and misleading is par for the course these days on the OF.

lmao, you can't blame the forum for calling him out on that obvious clickbait title.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    https://imgur.com/ATfH1pK

There's one from my guild with a g10 88 and g9 boba. Rest g8. Keep calling it click bait though.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Maegor wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/ATfH1pK

There's one from my guild with a g10 88 and g9 boba. Rest g8. Keep calling it click bait though.

So it's not clickbait because some other guy, who's also not using all g8 toons, cleared the mission with lower geared toons? Not even following the guide since biggs was the last man standing ;) (that last sentence was a joke)
    I mean, come on man. Helpfull for many, but still a clickbait title.
  • Maegor wrote: »

The only part I find misleading .. or lacking anyway (title aside) about the video is it doesn't address the risks appropriately or analysis on the likelihood to lose. As I noted above, if Boba's AB on the pilot is resisted it's a whole different ballgame. If you then have to blow a Dengar stun (and not throw the AOE to take TM) or have to burn CB stun on him it's a problem. You can't orderly stun the targets as presented here...and we know the Pilot will resist Boba 15%+ of the time...and Zam's TDs will also get resisted by various targets. With this gear and mod level you're really needing most stuff RNG-wise to go in your favor or at least as planned. I still think it's a good video overall, it's just sold heavy.
  • The only part I find misleading .. or lacking anyway (title aside) about the video is it doesn't address the risks appropriately or analysis on the likelihood to lose. As I noted above, if Boba's AB on the pilot is resisted it's a whole different ballgame...With this gear and mod level you're really needing most stuff RNG-wise to go in your favor or at least as planned. I still think it's a good video overall, it's just sold heavy.

Thanks for your constructive criticism @JohnnySteelAlpha and thank you Maegor for seeing the helpfulness.

Johnny, I tried to make a short and concise guide to follow so I had to make editing choices on what to keep. Those are great questions and great points tho and I'll try to include them in future videos, as well as answer your exact issues in a follow-up video about bounty hunters.

I have won this mission in all 3 DSTB's that have occurred, with this recording being from December. This last DSTB I had everything you mentioned go wrong (lol) with pilot getting cleansed, Cad stun not working, Dengar not getting enough crits to tressure TM. I was still able to recover with this strategy and pull a win with a few toons dying in the process. The kill order and goals of each character stay the same.

I'm thinking of a follow-up video on how to recover should things head south. Stay tuned, and all constructive criticism is welcomed!
  • Also, the majority of the team is g8, as the title suggested. Not ALL g8 which was never claimed, but majority.

My guild is amazing and not whales with a 130 mill GP at the time of recording, but Platoons had no effect on this win. No platoon ability was used by myself or the enemies.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Also, the majority of the team is g8, as the title suggested. Not ALL g8 which was never claimed, but majority.

When i read "gX toons clear mission Y", i assume all toons used are gX or lower. Maybe others interpret such a title differently, wich judging by the comments doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe something to keep in mind for future guide vids on this forum to avoid bickering about the title instead of the content.
  • The only part I find misleading .. or lacking anyway (title aside) about the video is it doesn't address the risks appropriately or analysis on the likelihood to lose. As I noted above, if Boba's AB on the pilot is resisted it's a whole different ballgame...With this gear and mod level you're really needing most stuff RNG-wise to go in your favor or at least as planned. I still think it's a good video overall, it's just sold heavy.

Thanks for your constructive criticism @JohnnySteelAlpha and thank you Maegor for seeing the helpfulness.

Johnny, I tried to make a short and concise guide to follow so I had to make editing choices on what to keep. Those are great questions and great points tho and I'll try to include them in future videos, as well as answer your exact issues in a follow-up video about bounty hunters.

I have won this mission in all 3 DSTB's that have occurred, with this recording being from December. This last DSTB I had everything you mentioned go wrong (lol) with pilot getting cleansed, Cad stun not working, Dengar not getting enough crits to tressure TM. I was still able to recover with this strategy and pull a win with a few toons dying in the process. The kill order and goals of each character stay the same.

I'm thinking of a follow-up video on how to recover should things head south. Stay tuned, and all constructive criticism is welcomed!

I think a video / guide that shows steps on how to recover if the main strategy falters due to RNG would be a great addition. Sounds like your last DSTB battle would have been a great one to show as an example.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I found the video extremely helpful and appreciate the effort to help out those of us who are not whales and don't have every character outlined in a beautiful shiny gold foil. Even if it doesn't work 100% of the time, it works better than my previous attempts with a similar (and actually stronger) BH squad - which was 0 on the Phase 5 special mission.

Thank you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    leef wrote: »
    Also, the majority of the team is g8, as the title suggested. Not ALL g8 which was never claimed, but majority.

When i read "gX toons clear mission Y", i assume all toons used are gX or lower. Maybe others interpret such a title differently, wich judging by the comments doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe something to keep in mind for future guide vids on this forum to avoid bickering about the title instead of the content.

I agree with you. I didn't watch the video (nothing against this one in particular, I just rarely watch any of these) but the thread title and the video title were both definitely misleading.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    TVF wrote: »

I agree with you. I didn't watch the video (nothing against this one in particular, I just rarely watch any of these) but the thread title and the video title were both definitely misleading.

Care to unpack that a little? I'm not seeing how a thread title or video title about beating the DS Phase 5 Special Mission with Bounty Hunters is misleading. First off, the thread title doesn't say anything about gear levels. Secondly, many people already have Boba and/or IG88 geared fairly high from previous metas/events.

I get the haters are gonna hate, but it seems like some people can't wait to punish anyone trying to be helpful. :|

It's no wonder people don't try to post helpful things on these forums anymore. Either they are accused of "click bait", being misleading or simply told "yeah, okay whatever, can't be bothered to watch your tutorial." I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Care to unpack that a little? I'm not seeing how a thread title or video title about beating the DS Phase 5 Special Mission with Bounty Hunters is misleading. First off, the thread title doesn't say anything about gear levels. Secondly, many people already have Boba and/or IG88 geared fairly high from previous metas/events.

I get the haters are gonna hate, but it seems like some people can't wait to punish anyone trying to be helpful. :|

title was edited.
  • leef wrote: »

title was edited.

Yes - but was in it's current state when the post I was quoting was posted. My point stands.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited February 2018

title was edited.

Yes - but was in it's current state when the post I was quoting was posted. My point stands.

Ok but I'm talking about the original title so my point stands.

Obviously he agreed since he edited the title.

I also said my not watching the video was nothing against his video in particular. If you really need to feel better for him, 90% of the time I'm posting from work and can't watch *any* video.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I was talking about the original title. The current state of the thread title is irrelevant, other than the fact that he changed it shows he agrees it was misleading.

And I don't watch any videos, it's not a complaint about his video. 90% of the time I'm posting from work and I can't watch anything.