The hermit, the wampa and the gear 12

I have only bought about 100 shards of hermit so far and noone of the wampa. Every time I think about how much it cost and how many characters I would have boosted to g12 instead of these 100 shards, I get a headache.

Personally I'm really not interested in Hermit at all. But with this legendary/heroes journey insanity that's been going on recently I can't feel safe without having hermit. He could afterall be needed for a new version of Luke. But what are the odds, I could be wasting my tokens on a character who I don't want to play and unless he is needed for Luke then it's all for nothing.

Sometimes I wonder what purpose does this oblivion serve? I mean I get it, panic farms make money for the game but hermit isn't some toon we can panic farm anyways.

I think the devs need to start letting us into some insider info, steering us to the wrong direction for no reason is really frustrating.
I am not saying take the panic farms away, since they fund the game, but some of the requirements that are not up to us, need to be known with a fair amount of time to prepare for them. I'm certain we will have new toons through the marquee system to panic farm regardless.

Replies

• OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I have a feeling if they do a hero's Journey, you will have the option to use either Wampa or Hermit.

If they are hell bent on showing that they are truely Satan, then both will be required I guess, but would anyone really be surprised?

Not a bad idea to get a least one of them just in case.

I'm just glad I was oblivious to G12 and Hoda when first introduced- and everyone in my Shard Arena was not yet rocking G12 at the time, so I was able to jack my Hermit up to 6* without feeling sick to my stomach, and now shouldn't have a problem fast tacking him to 7* if needed if he is indeed required for ROTJ Luke. So my strategy is just keeping him at 6*, working on Gear for my current arena, and skimming Wampa shards here and there.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Would be a weird hero's journey to require both.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just do what you want to do and don't worry about it.

There's so much stuff flying at us in the game all the time that you can't possibly catch it all at once. So just do what makes you happy, so that at least when you miss something you can shrug it off.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The one issue with what you said:
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    I think the devs need to start letting us into some insider info, steering us to the wrong direction for no reason is really frustrating.

They are not steering us in any direction. By not saying anything they leave it up to us what we do, which is how it should be.

You could always hoard and just slowly bring your self close to getting HY but not actually spend the currency until you are happy with were you Wampa is at. Thats what i'm doing. but if you are really worried about a HY in a Hero's Journey, its 7* or nothing. So this makes it a hard position to put yourself in.
  • Kyno wrote: »

They are not steering us in any direction. By not saying anything they leave it up to us what we do, which is how it should be.

You could always hoard and just slowly bring your self close to getting HY but not actually spend the currency until you are happy with were you Wampa is at. Thats what i'm doing. but if you are really worried about a HY in a Hero's Journey, its 7* or nothing. So this makes it a hard position to put yourself in.

But why can't they just come out and say, prep up your wampa or hermit, or both, cause you will need them some time this year. Or say, don't worry about them, get them only if you want them.
  • That's the way it's always been. The hints are toons that come out for seemingly no reason. Why would you need hermit Yoda or Wampa? Why would you need the vets? These are hints. Sometimes they just drop a toon for no reason and it's not needed. Many times though there is a reason for it in a few months. HY and Wampa may just be there as special toons like Han Solo and GK from raids, but there is a very good possibility that they will be needed for another Luke. Take the possibility of them being a hint as you like.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

But why can't they just come out and say, prep up your wampa or hermit, or both, cause you will need them some time this year. Or say, don't worry about them, get them only if you want them.

I dont know the actual reason, but there are many reasons that may not work.

- they might not know right now what events will be launched 6 months out. (sure they probably have a schedule, but we all know things don't always work out.....in August)
    - say they tell us, and then the schedule changes....outrage
    - say they dont tell us.... no harm, no foul, no nothing... <-- safest option

Safest option also helps protect the panic farm, which is not just about the toon but the gear.
  • Aren’t you the one complaining about Jedi or whatever characters are glass arrows in HAAT?
    Hermit Yoda is your answer!
    Jedi? Checked!
    Protection and Health recovery? Checked!
    Offense boost? Boosted via Master’s Training Checked!

He’s also a key component in 1 of 2 viable teams that can solo the entire HAAT!
    Don’t know what else you want from him?
  • I'm fairly certain that if there is a continuation of Luke's journey, it will almost assuredly require Hermit Yoda. I don't know what the full squad would be, but it will take CLS, R2 and Hermit Yoda at the minimum, and probably a character or two not yet released as well (OT Chewie or Bespin Leia or C-3PO possibly). I seem to recall that back when the requirements for CLS were being discussed, wasn't there serious consideration for requiring Raid Han instead of STHan but it was changed late in the process? If they were willing to consider requiring a toon only available from raid rewards for CLS back then, I don't see why they couldn't require Hermit Yoda for the next part of the journey, since those shards from the store are arguably easier to obtain than raid reward shards.
  • The absence of info on future events is meant to spur more sales. If we knew in advance what the event requirements are, many of us can farm more efficiently which means less use of crystals and packs.
  • ^ That and that whole store is meant for us to make choices, I started farming hermit Yoda, then stopped and decided gear was better, now I'm on to wampa, because.. Womp! Lol
  • Seeing the patten, i think one by one g12 armatek pieces will come to crystal shipment. Better use the token to buy hyoda/wampa
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Seeing the patten, i think one by one g12 armatek pieces will come to crystal shipment. Better use the token to buy hyoda/wampa

Well that's if you can spend crystals for gear, I'm still 175 shards away to finish both vets. Then I'll have to consider sith trooper and deathtrooper. All my crystals go to cantina refreshes. Did i mention I severely lack in mods?
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Seeing the patten, i think one by one g12 armatek pieces will come to crystal shipment. Better use the token to buy hyoda/wampa

Well that's if you can spend crystals for gear, I'm still 175 shards away to finish both vets. Then I'll have to consider sith trooper and deathtrooper. All my crystals go to cantina refreshes. Did i mention I severely lack in mods?

That's the purpose.. u can't have it all. If u want to have it all u have to inject $$$ :flushed:

That's the purpose.. u can't have it all. If u want to have it all u have to inject $$$ :flushed:

I spend about 40 bucks for CLS I put 10 dollars on each of my accounts for refreshes, one had better RNG, I got my Ben within 80 shards and bought the pack for 20. The other account would have needed alot more than 80.

I went from 5 Ben shards to 330 withing 2 weeks and that should never have happened. I can't tell you how much I suffered for not having him on my one account. After that, I decided that this is it for me, I won't be panic farmed, I won't be part of that system myself.

Now I'm just trying to sustain myself through the arenas but even if I couldn't, I would still never spend another dime on any game. I'd rather buy a game and pay for it once, than get it free and keep buying stuff through microtransactions.

I payed 15 bucks for CSGO and it's given me 2.5 thousand hours of pleasure. I payed 65 for battlefront 2 and I ended up getting bored of it within a few weeks due to server lag, teleporting and afks. So no more buying stuff that I won't be able to enjoy forever

I spend about 40 bucks for CLS I put 10 dollars on each of my accounts for refreshes, one had better RNG, I got my Ben within 80 shards and bought the pack for 20. The other account would have needed alot more than 80.

I went from 5 Ben shards to 330 withing 2 weeks and that should never have happened. I can't tell you how much I suffered for not having him on my one account. After that, I decided that this is it for me, I won't be panic farmed, I won't be part of that system myself.

Now I'm just trying to sustain myself through the arenas but even if I couldn't, I would still never spend another dime on any game. I'd rather buy a game and pay for it once, than get it free and keep buying stuff through microtransactions.

I payed 15 bucks for CSGO and it's given me 2.5 thousand hours of pleasure. I payed 65 for battlefront 2 and I ended up getting bored of it within a few weeks due to server lag, teleporting and afks. So no more buying stuff that I won't be able to enjoy forever

@B0untryHR7 ,
    Imo i think CLS price is average (mind me dear community, i'm not person who play +2 years and have all chars at *7), i spend some bucks also for CLS. But it's satisfied me bcause i barely untouch in arena for couple months, score nonsense score in bloody haat.

But when JTR come, i decide not to invest bcause i think the price is quite "high". With CLS, 5 requirement chars is old chars, it's my fault i don't farm them so i boost with $$$. With JTR, it's nonsense bcause literally u have to "buy" veteran duo before the event is gone.

It seems my choice is right. JTR is nowhere near CLS class. She only have what? 1 or 2 month for shine. Now her team can beat easily with NS, new sith/empire rework, even with rex team. 7 zetas team can beaten by non zeta team (rex)? I called it bad investment.

If there is jedi luke in the future, believe me.. the requirement will be worse than JTR

@B0untryHR7 ,
    Imo i think CLS price is average (mind me dear community, i'm not person who play +2 years and have all chars at *7), i spend some bucks also for CLS. But it's satisfied me bcause i barely untouch in arena for couple months, score nonsense score in bloody haat.

But when JTR come, i decide not to invest bcause i think the price is quite "high". With CLS, 5 requirement chars is old chars, it's my fault i don't farm them so i boost with $$$. With JTR, it's nonsense bcause literally u have to "buy" veteran duo before the event is gone.

It seems my choice is right. JTR is nowhere near CLS class. She only have what? 1 or 2 month for shine. Now her team can beat easily with NS, new sith/empire rework, even with rex team. 7 zetas team can beaten by non zeta team (rex)? I called it bad investment.

If there is jedi luke in the future, believe me.. the requirement will be worse than JTR

I think you may be right, perhaps I should buy gear instead of hyoda shards since there will be requirements for Rotj Luke other than yoda that I won't be able to meet without spending money. But then again, it could be a veteran player thing like CLS and have some easy requirements with only yoda being the catch. In that case it's hard to risk it

@B0untryHR7 ,

I think you may be right, perhaps I should buy gear instead of hyoda shards since there will be requirements for Rotj Luke other than yoda that I won't be able to meet without spending money. But then again, it could be a veteran player thing like CLS and have some easy requirements with only yoda being the catch. In that case it's hard to risk it

If u have high position in arena n can saving crystals, better buy g12 part that available in the shipment. Keep hoard ur guild even token until u know for sure what we will need. Hyoda is great, but not important char in arena, etc. Wampa is also great can solo haat, but nowadays there's lot of team (partially) that can do that.

Only reason u need hyoda n wampa at this time is for platoon :frowning: