CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Poe Dameron, Finn and Rey

1235Next

Replies

• Qeltar wrote: »
    Anyone else have more thoughts on Finn? I need to decide whether to farm him or go for IG-86 or someone else.. and decide soon.
    Thanks.

do u understand his leader skill? he and resistance get power and defense.

wait till all this goes built, it is waiting for crazy kills. rey, resist troper, reist pilot, Finn, poe. hey, everyone, poe is resistance. build the resistance!!! how can people who cry poe can't see his squad? finn is everywhere to farm. no one farm. big big big mistake
  • jeremyj26 wrote: »
    I don't have Luke but have borrowed one from an ally. His Luke is a 6*, and my Finn is 5*. At this level Finn hits harder and has more health. Finn is a little slower, but can also stun. Finn can also expose. To me they fill a similar role, though my preference is Finn.

The only way a 5 star Finn is hitting harder than a 6 star Luke is if the Luke is way undergeared.

Luke hits much harder than Finn. Finn has a bit more utility because of the stun chance and expose chance, and also has more health than Luke, but Luke brings the thunder.

Finn is 100X better than luke. good luke on your farming.

• I have Finn at 4 stars. Underwhelming. Too slow. Speed and/or damage is what the game is as of now. I don't get why a slow poke wastes a turn to self buff?!? As for his stun, there are other faster stunners around with more utility.

I'd do him as a side project or if I was experimenting with a resistance squad, otherwise he's just not worth it as the game stands now.
  • Welcome to, "Who's Poe Goes First!"

Hello everyone and welcome, in this game you get to go into the arena and take a 50/50 shot that your Poe will be able to get his turn reduction off before the opponents! Because after that, Expose with DPS toons is so OP, if you lose the Poe roll, you lose the match! Oh you have high heaths toons and DMG mitigation you say? That is no matter, you won't do enough damage to win in the end when whatever DPS you bring in will be dead before your taunt. Not to mention this Poe ability is actually a taunt! Something most tanks have as a single ability. So you have to hit him and not his entourage of DPS.

This game is broken. Disney wanted there new movie characters to be played more and they are broken as a result. That, or the devs are 25ish year old and broke what could be a fantastic game. They wanted to create defense in arena so we got Poe (you shouldn't do it in cheep ways, like this, and boosting AI proc rates, or allowing AI offense up overide of offense down but not for the player. Get creative with new synergies or make non taunt Tanks and healers AI and abilities useful! Don't cheat because we're better than you) but instead they just made what we all know is a dice roll based game, a blatant coin flip game.

Team diversity is broken and After that you get GW, useless after you get your shards except for some ability mats. Challenges that give you mats, that I have literally hundreds of and no use for, and whatever that thing is for training droids or credits.

Oh but thanks for raising the level cap so you could try and balance some broken toons. but all it did was slow down synergy development and stunted seeing group diversity amongst players. now to stay strong, people will level the same non sync, DPS heavy team and it will win everytime, as long as there Poe goes first.

You can fix this. Fix the damage output and make tanks and healers viable again. This will make for longer battles. Annoying in Arena defense. So, Take away the battle timer in arena. The only reason you need it is so people don't sit in a first place battle and land the killing blow before the award reset. So fix that. Your reward for arena should be your Highest Rank in arena from server reset at midnight until 6 pm local time. More people will be happier with their rank and you will get less complaints in general, as well as taking the need for the timer out. Changing spots in the arena is not a bad thing, it was great about this game, siting in first in the arena makes fighting in the arena kinda pointless anyway. The threat of falling everyday is more reason for login after all (cha-Ching, right?). Also will allow players to play arena when they want instead of just at 4pm to 6pm like now if the player want to finish high. Just make the rank jumps from 50-1 only a 5 jump max. More movement and battles, but less total rank movement for players to potentially dropped significantly, all while rewarding active players. Lastly fix Poe. Leave Expose, it's OP but survivable. When an opponents whole team gets to go before you there is very little shot, you need to make his turn reduction a 15-25% chance, or get rid of it, OR simply make Poe Slow! As for resitsting it, I have used a Jedi team with Aayla as leader for tenacity, and it makes no difference.

As of right now, it looks like there is a "Best" team, or toon, in Poe and any DPS, and that makes for a boring and annoying game.

And yes I use Poe and DPS just like every top 10 player, and am ranked top 5, but mostly 1st on my server everyday and hardly ever fall.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    TLDR Poe is easy fix, instead of auto turn meter reduction on all characters have it be 'x' percentage per character. This way it's random as to whom he turn meter reduces and balances the scale. I don't know what % that would be but like 50-75% chance of turn meter per enemy.
  • Good thoughts
  • I was doing one of my cantina battles today and noticed one of my allies had a 5 star Rey so I paired her with my poggle since the point of her is to get offense up then use flurry of blows. The turn one flurry of blows with poggle offense up and sidious lead crit for 13k! It looks like I have someone new to farm, if only she didn't take so long
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Whoever came up with this stupid idea of a tank with I- win button must be really clueless. Seriously?? Why Chewbacca doesn't taunt first so i wont have to lose anyone on my team? Why he doesn't reduce enemy team Turn meter too so all my chars will attack first? And why he doesn't expose all team so he can boost my dps? And all of them why not in 1 button???
    Why none tank is like this and ONLY POE??
    Enough of this ****....
    I used to play a strategic team in squad arena with ability blocks and stuns, beating closely teams with 3000+ score higher than my team and now i lose to people with 2k less score than me??
    Are you developers serious?? Today i lost 3/5 games because the usual teams i was beating decided to get an undergeared Poe....
    What's the strategy required in this game anymore?? Before this Poe Madness if you didn't want a tank to taunt, you could ability block it, if you wanted to disable a healer you have to ability block it. There was strategy required where to send your low dmg Dooku to stun so you can outplay a better geared team.
    Now the only thing that matters is to get Poe and high damage characters. I can't swap targets to ability block, stun, slow and play smart cause i have to use all those low damabe ablities to kill Poe while 2/5 of my team is dead... I can't use any tank in arena without being Poe, because when his turn will come to taunt, i would already have 2 characters dead.
    Fix this mess already....
  • If the Poe was undergeared he wouldn't have went first and caused you the tears you so freely want to flow in front of the forum goers. If an undergeared Poe went before all your guys it simply means your guys are geared even worse. Work on your team and quit crying.

I switched to a team with no Poe and no taunt and still beat them regularly. It isn't Poe's fault. It is yours for being too unimaginative to come with a solution to the problem. Why should you have to work to figure out a solution when you can just paddle your boohoo canoe down the river of tears you are crying.

This post may seem mean, but I am so tired of the same threads over and over about people wanting someone nerfed because they can't figure out a way past them. Poe isn't an I-win button. Your lack of critical thinking and desire to put the work in to farm a team to get past him is the fail.
  • I back this post ^^^^ I'm only level 46 so it's not too bad for me right now but I know that as I level I will see more and more of this broken champion
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    If the Poe was undergeared he wouldn't have went first and caused you the tears you so freely want to flow in front of the forum goers. If an undergeared Poe went before all your guys it simply means your guys are geared even worse. Work on your team and quit crying.

I switched to a team with no Poe and no taunt and still beat them regularly. It isn't Poe's fault. It is yours for being too unimaginative to come with a solution to the problem. Why should you have to work to figure out a solution when you can just paddle your boohoo canoe down the river of tears you are crying.

This post may seem mean, but I am so tired of the same threads over and over about people wanting someone nerfed because they can't figure out a way past them. Poe isn't an I-win button. Your lack of critical thinking and desire to put the work in to farm a team to get past him is the fail.

I challenge you to mention me 1 no-Poe team that is so good.
    Or not just 1, but as many teams you like. And i ll remove 1 random char from these teams and add Poe in their place. And i ll prove to you that the new team is twice better....
    Go on.. i'm waiting
  • if they go down more to poe, I want the refund pak heroes
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    darkside wrote: »
    if they go down more to poe, I want the refund pak heroes

IOS players got him for free...
    But if that's the case, i ll give you the money myself...
  • Starman123 wrote: »
    Might just be me but had anyone fought against Rey and find her a little OP? I mean seam two big my level 45 Clone Wars Chewbacca.

She is crazy powerful if you let her build up her buff attack. I annihilate her in turn 1 when I encounter her. I put her up there with Lando or FOTP as primary targets.
    Anyone else have more thoughts on Finn? I need to decide whether to farm him or go for IG-86 or someone else.. and decide soon.
    Thanks.

wait till all this goes built, it is waiting for crazy kills. rey, resist troper, reist pilot, Finn, poe. hey, everyone, poe is resistance. build the resistance!!! how can people who cry poe can't see his squad? finn is everywhere to farm. no one farm. big big big mistake

Ask @Fantazy I think he still runs a Finn lead team in top 10. Average defense, but fights for #1 every day. QGJ leads have the 60% of top 5 now.

Thanks.

Ask @Fantazy I think he still runs a Finn lead team in top 10. Average defense, but fights for #1 every day. QGJ leads have the 60% of top 5 now.

*she (I'm a oooh-man) :wink:

I like Finn because he can take a beating, and his leader buff gives 22% offense to resistance, and half to others.

No one but me (and a few rare others I haven't really met yet) seems to like the guy though. Oh well. At least I feel original, and I can beat the meta teams out there anyways.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Fantazy wrote: »
    *she (I'm a oooh-man) :wink:

I like Finn because he can take a beating, and his leader buff gives 22% offense to resistance, and half to others.

No one but me (and a few rare others I haven't really met yet) seems to like the guy though. Oh well. At least I feel original, and I can beat the meta teams out there anyways.

A woman?! Is this real life, or is this @Fantazy ?
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Raven wrote: »
    A woman?! Is this real life, or is this @Fantazy ?

that one sounds famliar :)

made it rank 1 tonight with Finn lead. Does not get old. I also think my LB is getting bored, and so I did in the past weeks and let it go for quite a few nights.

My Finn team ~100% beats the 86/88/poe/poggle/47 teams even if their Poe fires first. Even if they nuke my Rey in round 1.

My bad luck is the Phasma-led teams most of the times. Or Daka teams. Those can be 50-50 and my guess is that it's not Finn my problem. It's that I refuse to play the QGJ/GS <I can't believe they are censoring a 2 letter acronym> card.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Fantazy wrote: »

that one sounds famliar :)

made it rank 1 tonight with Finn lead. Does not get old. I also think my LB is getting bored, and so I did in the past weeks and let it go for quite a few nights.

My Finn team ~100% beats the 86/88/poe/poggle/47 teams even if their Poe fires first. Even if they nuke my Rey in round 1.

My bad luck is the Phasma-led teams most of the times. Or Daka teams. Those can be 50-50 and my guess is that it's not Finn my problem. It's that I refuse to play the QGJ/GS <I can't believe they are censoring a 2 letter acronym> card.

What is your usual full squad, if you don’t mind me asking? Quite interesting and great to know people are trying all sorts of different combination! :)

Tbh I've always looked at Finn as a different version of fives, not much damage even with his special, high HP, can be neglected while focusing down other characters.. Of course in the right, balanced, well strategised team some characters will shine..

And what star level is your Rey? People says her last name is Nerf, for a reason.. Nerf Rey! XD

p/s: don’t ban me im just kidding this is not another nerf post I swear!
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm usually using Finn lead (since forever), Sid, Lumi, Rey (6* now) and Poe. I started using Rey in arena at 4* with Finn lead as soon as I got her. Sometimes I swap Sid for Res Pilot, but it's not as reliable, and won't make me win against droid teams if I do this. I need the 1 AOE, and the 1 heal. Res units don't have AOE or heal :) I can live without those in some cases.

Wished I could get Trooper too, but I let him go when I farmed for Rey instead. Might get back to him eventually.

edit: Finn does a LOT more damage than Fives, especially on his first attack Crack Shot (65% bonus dmg on initial attack + his own buff on himself which is 22% offense). His expose/stun is fairly reliable as well (it works almost all the time, or or the other or both even). I never use his self-heal in arena. Unfortunately, the AI does, probably why Preemo said this is average on defense.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Is Rey really worth investing?? I have her 4 stars, Im wondering if I should keep investingher cos her shards is just too hard to get.
  • lauwanchun wrote: »
    Is Rey really worth investing?? I have her 4 stars, Im wondering if I should keep investingher cos her shards is just too hard to get.

Rey is amazing!

Not gonna lie, spent a bit of $ so when ask this, plus don't judge... if i have finn, poe and Han to choose from, who to lv up w/ while I'm running 6* leigh, 5* Rey, 5* obi Wan (leader), 4* Barris and for now a 5* sid.... I'd love to add to Rey power as sid doesn't really add synergy to this team. Any help is appreciated as saving fake game $ is difficult and want to upgrade wisely to compete in the top 50. All characters are currently maxed at lv 47. Thx
  • FrankieV16 wrote: »
    lauwanchun wrote: »
    Is Rey really worth investing?? I have her 4 stars, Im wondering if I should keep investingher cos her shards is just too hard to get.

Rey is amazing!

Not gonna lie, spent a bit of $ so when ask this, plus don't judge... if i have finn, poe and Han to choose from, who to lv up w/ while I'm running 6* leigh, 5* Rey, 5* obi Wan (leader), 4* Barris and for now a 5* sid.... I'd love to add to Rey power as sid doesn't really add synergy to this team. Any help is appreciated as saving fake game $ is difficult and want to upgrade wisely to compete in the top 50. All characters are currently maxed at lv 47. Thx

She is only amazing until they nerf her
  • guess wt? Qui-Gon Jinn can cancel the buff from POE
  • Rey_111 wrote: »
    guess wt? Qui-Gon Jinn can cancel the buff from POE

not 100% sometimes he doesn't. Not sure how that works with Poe tenacity vs QGJ potency though.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • SamIAmx77
    89 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    RE: Rey's Shifting Strike

I upgraded Rey's Shifting Strike to level 5 for the +15% chance. I was thinking that she'd now have a 55% chance to proc Foresight but it really doesn't seem to be that good. It seems like it's more like around 33% rate. Is that math on this one 40% + 15% = 55% proc rate or is it 40% + (40% x 15%) = 46%?? Or am I just way wrong?

• SamIAmx77 wrote: »
    RE: Rey's Shifting Strike

I upgraded Rey's Shifting Strike to level 5 for the +15% chance. I was thinking that she'd now have a 55% chance to proc Foresight but it really doesn't seem to be that good. It seems like it's more like around 33% rate. Is that math on this one 40% + 15% = 55% proc rate or is it 40% + (40% x 15%) = 46%?? Or am I just way wrong?

I am really curious about this ability and if anybody has done the math on it. The proc rate seems pretty low.
  • "...his Takedown ability can literally take an enemy down if both the stun and expose effects go off."

No, not "literally."
  • lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    Congratulations on the oldest resurrection thread ever.
  • numore wrote: »
    Do you think Poe Dameron has become a better tank than Chewie? Should I start leveling him up or should I keep up with Chewie?
    Thanks for the input

Poe is better than chewie except if you still need scoundrel for credit heist and stuff like that