Sim’s for GW... good or bad?

Prev1
Smapty
1260 posts Member
edited February 2018
So we are about to be able to just sim through GW...

GW has been the topic of many a discussion over the span of this game.
People complained for a long tome that it was too hard... it was adjusted and people complained more.

“I can’t beat it and it takes too much time” was the typical complaint....

So now it’s been made ridiculously easy... just click auto and win for most players who have invested any effort into the game. Thats great and all (always fun to try out different things vs teams you don’t often see) but it’s lost any fun or challenge and is pretty much a cakewalk now...

So now we will just be able to sim through it...

I would have much preferred to bring back the challenge it once held but to ramp up the rewards accordingly....

Make it super tough but give better rewards that reward the player for making in through the battles!

Sim’s for GW seems lame to me... it was one of the things that took a little investment and was fun for experimenting with different teams...

Now it will just be the click of a button and you’re done... that’s not really fun :(

What do you think?

Replies

• It will save me 10 minutes of time. Good I guess??

If I want to try new teams I just won’t sim it.
  • You can always play on manual without using sims.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    You can always play on manual without using sims.

No one will actually do this though... do you manually do “challenges” any more? Or cantina battles or hard nodes or whatever for whoever you’re farming?

Nope...

Takes the gameplay element out of the game... GW was fun and required at least some actual gameplay

In my opinion at least :)
  • They need to make GW hard again. It was the only place in the game that we could test our team combinations. It has become so watered down that testing isn't an option. @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Kozispoon since GW will soon become able to be simmed please make it competitive again to allow us to test our teams. Thanks in advance.
  • Or make it possible to sim it but if people want go do it manully make it hard again so we can test teams. Please both camps
  • I wanted to say thank you to the Devs for listening to the player base that asked for time savers such as simming GW. 5 hours a day on a phone app is nuts.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    And better rewards for doing it manually!!!
  • I didn't like how easy they made it, but if it's going to be what it is currently, I'd rather sim it than auto it. It used to be a great way to test new team comps. It was challenging but doable. The best thing IMO, would be to bring back high level teams but offer the sim option. That way it's up to us if we want to use the opportunity to test our squads or simply gather the rewards.
  • Anything that gives the player control/choice is always a good thing.
  • Xoulrath
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Smapty wrote: »

No one will actually do this though... do you manually do “challenges” any more? Or cantina battles or hard nodes or whatever for whoever you’re farming?

Nope...

Takes the gameplay element out of the game... GW was fun and required at least some actual gameplay

Yeah, I actually do, and fairly frequently.

Now, I won't waste my time using my strongest toons on anything in the game that I have already 3 starred. But there are plenty of times when I have used toons that I am currently leveling that I want to test out against an appropriate challenge, so I don't sim in those situations.

Post edited by Xoulrath on
  • Xoulrath wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »

Nope...

Yeah, I actually do, and fairly frequently.

Now, I won't waste my time using my strongest toons on anything in the game that I have already 3 starred. But there are plenty of times when I have used toons that I am currently leveling that I want to test out against an appropriate challenge, so I don't aim in those situations.

I do as well and will continue to do GW manually whenever I'm in the mood. Having options, meaning not mandatory, is good.
  • Unless we get sim tickets as a reward I'll be auto battling it. PS I have over 3000 but they will go fast if you sim everyday.
  • If you want to test stuff, do it manually.

If you're everyone else, you get to sim it so you don't have to waste time picking your team, clicking auto, putting your phone down, picking it back up a minute later, claiming your rewards, then doing the same thing for 12 annoying nodes.

As for making it super tough, I don't think it could have been much tougher than it was for some of us. Even then, most of us geared up our Resistance teams and still dominated with ease, which made it a similar experience to what it is now, just without the additional annoying effort of running your Resistance squad in exactly the same way everyday to pull off the victory.

In my opinion, simming GW is long overdue, especially with two different flavors of TB and a third raid on the horizon. There are plenty of options for game play these days, and those options are more rewarding than GW ever was.

• I don't know if it's the kind of thing that could be called "good" or "bad" per se... It is what it is.

I'll probably continue to auto it; I just don't have the stockpile of tickets that a lot of other people have (I've only recently started farming a 20 energy hard node; spend most my energy on gear).
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    If you want to test stuff, do it manually.

If you're everyone else, you get to sim it so you don't have to waste time picking your team, clicking auto, putting your phone down, picking it back up a minute later, claiming your rewards, then doing the same thing for 12 annoying nodes.

As for making it super tough, I don't think it could have been much tougher than it was for some of us. Even then, most of us geared up our Resistance teams and still dominated with ease, which made it a similar experience to what it is now, just without the additional annoying effort of running your Resistance squad in exactly the same way everyday to pull off the victory.

In my opinion, simming GW is long overdue, especially with two different flavors of TB and a third raid on the horizon. There are plenty of options for game play these days, and those options are more rewarding than GW ever was.

This is a well spoken response... and it makes sense.

I still contend that GW has long been a necessary contribution to the game... yeah it’s true that most days it’s a chore...

...But there has been many times when it was truly fun and challenging

I personally enjoyed it much more when I had to “battle through it” rather then just being able to breeze through it without any real concern...

My understanding is that is was supposed to be a real challenge for your repitoire and a challenge to complete...

Being able to sim it is lame :(
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'd rather there be an option to sim than no option at all.

Then you can do as your heart desires.
  • There are requirements to being able to sim it though, so you're still in luck. I believe the prerequisite was something like 150 Total Victories in GW and level 85 before Simming is an option? By then any player will have had the long and grueling battles we all had with GW.

In fact, I've been hearing that in terms of difficulty, it's harder for newer players now than it was for veteran players before the alterations.

I imagine those reports are probably accurate if for no other reason than lower level accounts have fewer options than us long time players. When we started to struggle with GW, we just popped a Zeta on Finn and geared up Resistance. If you're level 70 and struggling, you don't have that option.

That said, GW is still going to be a big part of this game for everyone going forward, and for those of us who can go ahead and sim it? We've done our time.
  • I know some people enjoyed a tough GW more than arena.

I’ve always liked arena more myself.

That being said, I took a break for a couple of months from the game.

Coming back, I was hoping to be able to test my squads against some of the JTR teams.

Lo and behold, GW is a joke now and doesn’t even represent past meta’s, let alone the current ones.

The game overall is better than it has ever been so I can’t complain too much, but it would be REALLY NICE to be able to choose a hard mode for GW.

In any case, I have over 8,000 SIM tickets so unless they improve the difficulty on that holo table, then I will just SIM the nodes.
  • I am happy about this... gw is needed for the meagre rewards (not great rwds but needed for progress) and takes time to get in out of battles... great we ll have a way to save time.
    It s still a challenge to newer players... and older players have new game modes (tb, tw)...
  • For me it's a blessing I have always been able to beat galactic war. I just got tired of it and the amount of time it took so I quit doing it with the exception of for the guild activity. I didn't even do the one battle a day just entered and retreated for the daily. I'm excited to start getting tokens saved up in case they ever decide to put another character in there and finish off the ships I refuse to use fleet currency on.
  • Made a post about this a while back... I was over if those who enjoyed the challenge of the old difficulty. I'd try different teams, some far from whatever meta way at the time. Now, it's a 5 minute auto. I'd bring back the old difficulty, with the ability to sim - those who enjoy the challenge will do their thing, and those who don't can sim.
  • In fact, I've been hearing that in terms of difficulty, it's harder for newer players now than it was for veteran players before the alterations.

I imagine those reports are probably accurate if for no other reason than lower level accounts have fewer options than us long time players. When we started to struggle with GW, we just popped a Zeta on Finn and geared up Resistance. If you're level 70 and struggling, you don't have that option.
    I can't speak with certainty to this, because I haven't played the older GW. But I can say, without a doubt, that as a level 65 with toons no higher than 60 currently, GW still provides PLENTY of challenge for me.

I'm lucky if I can clear the first half (six nodes) before I run into a team that is all purple gear toons with 10+ levels higher than me. I have had to, on several occasions, use several different teams simply to get to node 8 or 9, as my toons just got slaughtered.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Xoulrath wrote: »
    In fact, I've been hearing that in terms of difficulty, it's harder for newer players now than it was for veteran players before the alterations.

I can't speak with certainty to this, because I haven't played the older GW. But I can say, without a doubt, that as a level 65 with toons no higher than 60 currently, GW still provides PLENTY of challenge for me.

I'm lucky if I can clear the first half (six nodes) before I run into a team that is all purple gear toons with 10+ levels higher than me. I have had to, on several occasions, use several different teams simply to get to node 8 or 9, as my toons just got slaughtered.

Well when you get to lvl 85 it’s a joke... your resistance team will cruise though it easily

#makeGWtough(again)
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Xoulrath wrote: »

Well when you get to lvl 85 it’s a joke... your resistance team will cruise though it easily

#makeGWtough(again)
    That's all well and good, but it's gonna be a while before I hit that cap, even with the fact that I play every day.

I will say that I can agree with you on them adding a "hard mode" option for veterans who do want a challenge (because you aren't the first player that I've seen refer to the current GW as a cake walk).

• Smapty wrote: »

Nope...

So you are against simming, but you will sim instead of doing it manually. Very coherent.
  • The long time players earned their bones.

New players may suffer until they hit lvl 85 and rub out 150 wins or go blind trying.

All hail our new GW Simming overlords!

Good or bad, how you want to play, that's up to you.

Do not take away.

• the tickets have to go
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Personally i would prefer the old difficulty without the option to sim. Actually, a bit more challenging would be even better for me. That's just the way i like it.
    The latest adjustment that made GW a cakewalk completely ruined it for me. GW used to be my favourite game mode. Sure, i can still use very underdeveloped characters to make it somewhat challenging, but lets not pretent that's the same thing.
    Since it's not challenge at all anymore i'm totally fine with GW becomming sim-able, it's a real time safer. Who wants to auto 12 nodes? not me, that's for sure.
    If they bring back the old difficulty, or make it even more challenging, i would definately play it again eventhough i could just as easily sim it. Obviously i will use the sim button aswell from time to time, but i would be awesome if i could also play vs challenging teams if i wanted to.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    What I would like is to increase the difficult and remove the opportunity to retreat 100 times and reenter to redo the rng.

Also I hope they run more tw and tb after making gw simable. Giving us more gameplay rather than less.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    What I would like is to increase the difficult and remove the opportunity to retreat 100 times and reenter to redo the rng.

Also I hope they run more tw and tb after making gw simable. Giving us more gameplay rather than less.

heck no! That's the thing that made GW the most enjoyable mode ingame !
    Save water, drink champagne!