Making Galactic War Perfect

CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited February 2018
Galactic War has been something of a White Whale for CG.
Galactic War is too hard! Galactic War is too easy!
Well, I am here now, and (hopefully) I will solve all your problems.
Really the only complaint I've heard since CG fixed GW, is that now it's too easy, and there's nowhere besides arena where I can be challenged, or test out new team comps.
Well complain no more! What if GW went like this:
Level 1-84: Nothing changes, GW adjusts to your growing roster.
Level 85: Once you hit level 85, GW adjusts to how it is now.
Level 85 SIM: This is the big change. Once you've reached the allotted number of victories, GW becomes simmable. HOWEVER, once you unlock sims, you also unlock the ability to customize your opponents. If you want to destroy level 1 Ewoks for 12 straight nodes, go at it! Want to test your Empire team against G12 JRey teams, no problem.
This way, players that are busy, or don't want to deal with GW can quickly sim their way through, and those who want to theory craft and experiment with different comps will have 12 opportunities to do so.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
Post edited by CaptainRex on

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    This seems complicated to make happen, but I do kinda love the idea.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Why not just give us a sandbox mode within our roster? Fight our own characters against each other in any way we wanted.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I wouldn't mind if they just pre-populated with the current META teams and you could pick and choose which order to battle, after you've done the 150 completions.

btw with 7,303 GW battles done... I'll probably keep battling them instead of simming them. With the current team compositions, it's not worth me spending 12 sim tickets on fodder teams.

• TVF wrote: »

Ditto 100%. Don't think it's going to happen - but with unlocking the Sim it would open up a spot for a sandbox to play in. With the GW Sim option you get Veteran mode. 12 free play levels to mess with.

Though, after we asked for a single banner on defense win for TW's and what we got was frankenstein... one can only guess what your finally suggestion would ACTUALLY look like.
    Scared...
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-21451-1403285426-8.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Are you sure that simmable GW means 12 simulations. I would actually hope for a single sim for the whole GW. Otherwise there is no use to sim it. My G11 Rebels clear the whole 12 nodes on auto. Doesn't really save a lot to sim them all individually.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I would bet it's a single sim for all 12 nodes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The only problem is that all GW teams are player made.

So there may not be a team made and used that fits this criteria.

But I do like the idea, I wonder if they could make it work.
  • 1 sim ticket for all 12 nodes ... lol. Where's the profit in that? My guess is that it will cost 12 tix to sim the board. Convenience for the players, and a wonderful way to deplete players' sim ticket hoards. If you run out, you can always buy 20 more from shipments for only 30 crystals!
    It's probably not as complicated as it sounds, and it is a great idea.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    1 sim ticket for all 12 nodes ... lol. Where's the profit in that? My guess is that it will cost 12 tix to sim the board. Convenience for the players, and a wonderful way to deplete players' sim ticket hoards. If you run out, you can always buy 20 more from shipments for only 30 crystals!

I meant a single push of the button, costing 12 sim tickets. Just like the daily challenges now.
    1 sim ticket for all 12 nodes ... lol. Where's the profit in that? My guess is that it will cost 12 tix to sim the board. Convenience for the players, and a wonderful way to deplete players' sim ticket hoards. If you run out, you can always buy 20 more from shipments for only 30 crystals!

I meant a single push of the button, costing 12 sim tickets. Just like the daily challenges now.

Oh, no doubt. I do like the sandbox idea though. I mean, if they are just going to let us sim the board, essentially trading sim tickets for GW rewards, why not give us an assortment of teams to fight that we can choose from? It could look something like a TW territory collection, just a list of ~50 or so teams of varying power levels. Pick the ones you want to fight.

They could even put in a gate for it: Sim the GW to unlock sandbox mode. Collect your rewards and play your 12 sandbox battles at your leisure if you want, or don't.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Well, I am here now, and (hopefully) I will solve all your problems.

Love it !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • What if we had a sandbox where we could fight our own teams?
  • Love it, but I don't see it happening. First, it's too good, CG wouldn't give us something the way we want it... and second, probably more work then they care to put in.
  • I'm level 85, have only won 63 times, and you expect me to win 150 come on, the teams are even stronger that i can't get to the final battle and when i do, I got beaten pretty easily. Now before getting to half the way, I got two super difficult level 85 squads. The same in squad arena, my team has 75,241 power and i got beaten easely by 64,000 you need to do something respect to the balance, it's been months since I've won a squad or galatic war.
  • dlordvg wrote: »
    I'm level 85, have only won 63 times, and you expect me to win 150 come on, the teams are even stronger that i can't get to the final battle and when i do, I got beaten pretty easily. Now before getting to half the way, I got two super difficult level 85 squads. The same in squad arena, my team has 75,241 power and i got beaten easely by 64,000 you need to do something respect to the balance, it's been months since I've won a squad or galatic war.

You likely need to develop a better squad.
  • dlordvg wrote: »
    I'm level 85, have only won 63 times, and you expect me to win 150 come on, the teams are even stronger that i can't get to the final battle and when i do, I got beaten pretty easily. Now before getting to half the way, I got two super difficult level 85 squads. The same in squad arena, my team has 75,241 power and i got beaten easely by 64,000 you need to do something respect to the balance, it's been months since I've won a squad or galatic war.

Squad power literally means next to nothing unfortunately.

Post a link to your swgoh.gg account so we can see what your working with and why it isnt working