Wedge or CLS lead for rebels?

I'm running Wiggs, CLS, OB, and R2.

Usually, I've run under a Wedge lead: I just like the healing on crits and kills that keeps toons alive and in the fight. And I get slightly better offense. The counterattack with CLS is nice, but a lot of the time, the other team (and mime) are under R2's stealth, so counterattacks don't trigger. When out of stealth, it's 50/50.

But I've noticed for a while that every rebels team I see in arena runs a CLS lead. They can't all be wrong, so maybe I am. Is CLS hands-down the better rebels leader?

Replies

• Yes.
  • Cls is the best rebel leader for arena.
    You get 50% counter chance and +50% defense for rebels.
  • I would say yes simply because stealth doesn't last that long in an arena battle (especially with Han and CLS who have double turn and JTR who just go often). You're still going to counter quite a bit. CLS provides a significant defense bonus and half the offense bonus of Wedge. And the 15% health recovery is easily out-paced by the damage dealers.

Another huge reason that Wedge lead disappears is that there are simply better toons available. You're not going to keep Wedge on your team (much less leading) when Wiggs takes up two places that could be raid Han, Thrawn, R2 or some other toon that brings more to the table. Without Biggs, Wedge loses a lot of utility and no one is going to keep Wiggs over raid Han and Thrawn.
  • Easy way to see it: CLS=Thrawn for Empire, Hera=Veers for Empire, Wedge=Vader for Empire. Good leader, until you get the legendary leader geared up.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hmm. So, it looks like Wedge has to go as leader. And maybe wiggs eventually goes away.

Raid Han, I can do soon (I'm working on the last star and g10—those eyeballs). If I don't have Thrawn or GK, who else might fit?
  • Old Ben is a suitable replacement for GK, particularly if you zeta him. There's really no substitute for thrawn, though. You could try running Ezra or ATF.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    Hmm. So, it looks like Wedge has to go as leader. And maybe wiggs eventually goes away.

Raid Han, I can do soon (I'm working on the last star and g10—those eyeballs). If I don't have Thrawn or GK, who else might fit?

Barriss is not a bad choice. Cushions against crit hits, heals and also soft cleansing.
    Or you can also do away with raid han and use chaze for double taunt.
  • rayroars wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »

Barriss is not a bad choice. Cushions against crit hits, heals and also soft cleansing.
    Or you can also do away with raid han and use chaze for double taunt.

Or just run CLS, R2, Raid Han, Chaze. Barriss's soft cleanse doesn't do as much in a rebel team with chirrut and zzR2. Her healing is great however so still an option.

I'd say w/o Thrawn + GK either go

CLS, Han, R2, Chaze or CLS, Han, R2, Old Ben, Barriss. Old Ben's defense is huge to start and the 50% bonus from the lead is great. Just make sure he doesn't get buff immunity before he starts taunting.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    My CLS team gets to counter a lot because the AI isn't smart enough to avoid using AOE.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH