Ideal Palp team composition

Haven't really seen any posts discussing this, and I'm considering switching to a Palp lead. I have enough mats for 5 new zetas. I'm considering the following:

Palp
Vader
DN
Tarkin/Wampa/Shore/Thrawn/Maul

The last 2 slots are up for grabs. I'm trying to consider it carefully because my CLS team mopped the floor with a Palp team that had vader, dn, thrawn and gk. However, I got absolutely crushed by a team of palp, vader, dn, tarkin, and maul.

I just unlocked Wampa and I'm excited to play with my new toy. If he can fit in that team, I want him in there. However, if the other toons I've listed are more ideal due to better synergy with Palp's lead, I'll do that too.

Or is it not worth it at all, just ride the wave till the Sith Raid reveal? Keep going with Titans struggle-bus until there's a more dominant meta that emerges?

Replies

• You might consider splitting those zetas onto a NS team and a palp team.
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Haven't really seen any posts discussing this, and I'm considering switching to a Palp lead. I have enough mats for 5 new zetas. I'm considering the following:

Palp
    Vader
    DN
    Tarkin/Wampa/Shore/Thrawn/Maul

The last 2 slots are up for grabs. I'm trying to consider it carefully because my CLS team mopped the floor with a Palp team that had vader, dn, thrawn and gk. However, I got absolutely crushed by a team of palp, vader, dn, tarkin, and maul.

I just unlocked Wampa and I'm excited to play with my new toy. If he can fit in that team, I want him in there. However, if the other toons I've listed are more ideal due to better synergy with Palp's lead, I'll do that too.

Or is it not worth it at all, just ride the wave till the Sith Raid reveal? Keep going with Titans struggle-bus until there's a more dominant meta that emerges?

It depends what the rest of your shard runs. ShT and Thrawn are probably the most universal.
  • Nihilus is underwhelming for Palp lead, from what I’ve seen. He only gets one debuff a round. Most I’ve seen are running Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Shoretrooper and one of several others. TFP and Tarkin both get AoE debuffs that feed into Palp lead. ST can off-Taunt.
  • Two tanks and a very fast vader. If you give vader enough speed he can become faster than R2 because of his new unique. I would use EP, DV, Thrawn, ShT and GK/Stormtrooper.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Nihilus is underwhelming for Palp lead, from what I’ve seen. He only gets one debuff a round. Most I’ve seen are running Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Shoretrooper and one of several others. TFP and Tarkin both get AoE debuffs that feed into Palp lead. ST can off-Taunt.

You would zeta his unique.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Nihilus is underwhelming for Palp lead, from what I’ve seen. He only gets one debuff a round. Most I’ve seen are running Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Shoretrooper and one of several others. TFP and Tarkin both get AoE debuffs that feed into Palp lead. ST can off-Taunt.

You would zeta his unique.

Yes, dn is very good against jtr and other teams with his unique zeta
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    So I'm on a launch shard and it's actually kinda crazy, right now #1 is a Rex lead with the titans minus r2. Then there are some jtr teams, 1 titan team, and a few palp teams with vader, thrawn, dn, and gk all hanging between top 5-15. Kinda befuddled by the meta right now. Not sure what to go for or use. I want my next zeta-ing and gearing efforts to propel me into the top 25 - right now I can fight my way into the 30's but next day will find myself in the 60's or 70's.

As much as team composition matters, so much of it still comes down to raw speed.
  • wikking
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Bringing back the idea of the OP: Has anyone experience with Wampa under DV/EP in Arena? Does he fit?
  • wikking wrote: »
    Bringing back the idea of the OP: Has anyone experience with Wampa under DV/EP in Arena? Does he fit?

You can fit a Wampa in there. Just have 2 taunting tanks with your DV, EP and Wampa. ShT and ST are good for that.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »

Lmao TFP in 2018
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    So I'm on a launch shard and it's actually kinda crazy, right now #1 is a Rex lead with the titans minus r2. Then there are some jtr teams, 1 titan team, and a few palp teams with vader, thrawn, dn, and gk all hanging between top 5-15. Kinda befuddled by the meta right now. Not sure what to go for or use. I want my next zeta-ing and gearing efforts to propel me into the top 25 - right now I can fight my way into the 30's but next day will find myself in the 60's or 70's.

As much as team composition matters, so much of it still comes down to raw speed.

How do you run titans with rex and not R2? Does that even work?
  • My team of Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Shore, Death Trooper is doing quite well in Arena.
  • Keeper32 wrote: »
    My team of Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Shore, Death Trooper is doing quite well in Arena.

This is a good one. If I was the OP I'd run this -DT +Wampa if you really wanna use the yeti.
  • Keeper32 wrote: »
    My team of Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Shore, Death Trooper is doing quite well in Arena.

This is a good one. If I was the OP I'd run this -DT +Wampa if you really wanna use the yeti.

Wampa will fit well with pretty much any combo as long as theres at least one tank to take fracture. (A fractured wampa is no good). The only thing is, you probably won't do as well as against other EP teams as they'll have a speed advantage over you as they're most likely going to be running an empire/sith character in that place.

I'm currently running Zader, EP, Wampa, Thrawn, GK, but I have the fastest Vader on my shard at the moment so I can get away with not running the EP lead. Occasionally people swap out their GK for Shore or some other empire character to get a larger speed boost in which case I usually sub in Nihilus for my own GK to regain the speed advantage. EP lead vs EP lead will almost always go to the faster Vader as they'll get the TM gain rolling before you can go. Zader's AOE can reduce TM under his lead and allow me to get some attacks in before their whole team starts rolling, otherwise you will likely get stomped if you're slower.
  • Still finishing gearing up Vader, I experimented with zEP (lead zeta), zDN, zCLS (IBAT), GK, Thrawn. Felt very strong on offense, CLS inflicting 2 debuffs on any attack is great for palp’s leadership.

Want to try Tarkin and Starck, gonna be awhile before I finish gearing them.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Keeper32 wrote: »

Wampa will fit well with pretty much any combo as long as theres at least one tank to take fracture. (A fractured wampa is no good). The only thing is, you probably won't do as well as against other EP teams as they'll have a speed advantage over you as they're most likely going to be running an empire/sith character in that place.

I'm currently running Zader, EP, Wampa, Thrawn, GK, but I have the fastest Vader on my shard at the moment so I can get away with not running the EP lead. Occasionally people swap out their GK for Shore or some other empire character to get a larger speed boost in which case I usually sub in Nihilus for my own GK to regain the speed advantage. EP lead vs EP lead will almost always go to the faster Vader as they'll get the TM gain rolling before you can go. Zader's AOE can reduce TM under his lead and allow me to get some attacks in before their whole team starts rolling, otherwise you will likely get stomped if you're slower.

The best EP lead vs EP lead Squad is EP Vader DN DT IPD. Here the faster Vader will clear the other team before they can use any of their specials.
  • I'll say this:

DN is very useful with EzPz lead. His free debuffs (unique zeta), his drain force, and his dispel all bring something to the table.

I run EzPz, Vader (no z), Thrawn, DN, and GK. Only the very top crazy speed mod squads give me issue. And my Thrawn, Vader, and DN are only g11. Just a few pieces till they are all g12.

I am grinding KRU and Shoretrooper shards and one of them will replace GK as soon as they are close. I am hoping kru is effective enough for it to be him. I like the idea of running a Zru.
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    SwiftMooky wrote: »

How do you run titans with rex and not R2? Does that even work?

Sorry, @B0untryHR7 I remembered wrong and checked again - it's actually Rex, Talzin, Kru, GK, and Palp. And if he's not #1, he always is top 10.