Kenobi availability

Prev1
Hey all,

So I managed to get my first 12 Kenobi shards before getting removed from my guild and I realised that it is not likely that any guild good enough to be able to finish the HAAT will never let me stay for very long due to my lack of knowledge on mods and lack of them on most of my characters. I am also told the ones I do have on my one character with them are rubbish (ezra).

I have tried to research it on youtube, and ive not found anything that really makes sense to me. I get the colour codes and dots, but the ones I have are five dot gold (from lvl 1), and are apparently no good. I dont get why.

ttps://swgoh.gg/u/swgregoriou/collection/

My question is, is it ever likely that kenobi will be available in local stores or farmable places other than the HAAT?

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Extremely doubtful. I can't imagine why they'd do that.

Have you checked out http://gaming-fans.com/swgoh-101/swgoh-101-comprehensive-mod-guide/?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'm sure there are a few helpfull hAAT guilds out there who are willing to let you join, don't give up hope ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ThePenguin77
    186 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The mod with an arrow always needs to have +Speed as primary stat. Mods are all about speed. Your Ezra has Critical Avoidance instead, which is, indeed, rubbish. On other types of mods you need to get as much secondary speed as possible.

Your Arena Team (a place where you mainly get shards from) is not modded, by modding them, even with average mods you can get much higher in arena and get much more crystals.

I highly recommend this tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atE0jQ5sV1Q
  • Look for guild from the Republic or the Sith, we usually have some lower level people as long as you can spend 600 energy a day to generate tickets to so guilds can raid often.
  • Speed, speed, speed, speed.

The vids and the links above are very useful. There's loads more good vids and links about mod online. Just do a wee bit of searching, won't take long at all.

Also -

http://gaming-fans.com/swgoh-101/swgoh-101-comprehensive-mod-guide/

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

P.s. - it sounds like you got in a real nasty guild. There are more good ones that crappy ones. I'm in a really friendly, hard-working guild that supports it's newer members and helps them grow. Not sure if we have vacancies but if you're looking for somewhere then let me know.

• swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for everyones help and videos/links.

I got a speed mod pack using 999 crystals and I got a few of them through the palp event so as soon as I see five dot gold I just assume its good and add it to any character which looks to be a huge mistake.

I dont have the speed mod challenge complete as my characters needed are not so good apart from rey and I am working on R2, but I would be lucky to one star tier one and the other ones I have a few three starred all the way to the last tier but I try farm from there and I always get white low dot mods.

What is the best way to quickly get a boat load of five dot golds?

• Opening your wallet is the only way.
  • I spent my first few £££ to keep up my 600 guild tokens per day and buy another mod pack.

What would you spend your currency on? mod packs or other?
  • Frankly speaking, not all golden mods are good. Some purple or blue mods end up with decent speed secondaries. You really need to watch and read all the tutorials to know which mods to invest in.
    Start farming/gearing the required teams for the mod set you want ie Resistance for Speed Set. Unless you're a whale, use your crystals on energy refresh, especially cantina energy, to farm mods.
  • That was my first mistake. assuming that all five dot golds are the best.

I have had a few five dot purple I was tempted to keep and add, but it was not knowing if its really good and it was not gold lol

I am going to spend a bit of time and watch those videos over and over.

I am working on the rebel/resistance to help with the mod challenges as well as events, but it does take forever. I think you need to spend thousands to really get somewhere with your characters because you get very little for your currency.

I think I will be an occasional spender on $20 worth of crystals and if I ever get kenobi ill likely spend however much it takes to get him to g12.

So you would only spend currency on mod packs if you were a whale?
  • Thanks for everyones help and videos/links.

I got a speed mod pack using 999 crystals and I got a few of them through the palp event so as soon as I see five dot gold I just assume its good and add it to any character which looks to be a huge mistake.

I dont have the speed mod challenge complete as my characters needed are not so good apart from rey and I am working on R2, but I would be lucky to one star tier one and the other ones I have a few three starred all the way to the last tier but I try farm from there and I always get white low dot mods.

Let me break down the mod tiers a bit for you
    Mk 1-5, aka "stars" determine the strength of the mod (at lvl 15 a * mod will be significantly weaker than a *****)
    Colors determine a bonus to starting stats, also they reveal some (gold mods reveal all stats) that you will have and give a BONUS START to the secondary stats. Every mod becomes gold at lvl 15 because they all 4 secondaries now. However a colored mod at start will have all those + the starting points.

Very few people use speed speed mods because they are very exclusive. 90% of the population use HP mods with speed primaries, because they are a lot easier to obtain. Use your crystals to buy cantina refresher and repeat t he 5 star challenges.
    Keep in mind that for the "arrow" even a 3 star mod is more valuable than any other 5 star mod. A 3 star mod will give you 21 speed (I think not sure) on primary. Quite a good deal if you dont have a 5 star.
    On a side note, a popular way of breaking down players based on their wallets are f2p, p2p, dolphins and whales.
    For anyone other than a whale, the only thing worth buying in this game are energy refreshes. There are no exclusive, wallet only rewards (other than the fresh new heroes, but they become available eventually) and anyting else you can buy with crystals is seriously overpriced compared to the same stuff you can get by refreshing your energy.
  • In addition to the above, a “good” mod is typically defined as one with a speed increase on it. While the general mod types (the picture on the mod and where you get it, like “health” or “potency”) can matter somewhat, the primary and secondary specs are much more important. Arrow-shaped mods are the only ones that can have speed primaries. A 5 star arrow mod with a speed primary will give 30 speed when it’s leveled up all the way. You should have these “speed arrows” on every single character you regularly use.

For all the other mod shapes, speed is going to only show up as a secondary characteristic. A good rule to follow is: when you first get a mod, it’s only worth keeping and upgrading if it has 5 stars and it has speed somewhere on it. Sell everything else or put them on your weaker unused characters for a higher power rating.

For ones with speed secondaries, you can level them up gradually to see how good they’ll get. Every 3 levels (level 3, 6, 9, and 12), a mod will either upgrade an existing secondary or add a new one. Here’s where the colors come in. A grey mod starts with no secondaries and will add a new one when it gets to each of the levels I said. Unless it’s a speed arrow, sell or offload all your grey mods because they’re not worth upgrading. A green mod has 1 secondary skill showing, a blue mod has 2 showing, a purple has 3 showing, and a gold has all 4 showing. The number of skills showing when the mod is level 1 is also the number of chances to upgrade one of those skills. The upgrade process is random, so you won’t know which skill will be upgraded until you upgrade the mod. Upgrading mods all the way to max is expensive (half a million credits per mod), so don’t do it unless you have a keeper.

Speed is king. Mods with 1-5 speed are low level and you could put them on your second- or third-string characters. 6-10 speed is ok for some of your first string characters if you don’t have anything better. 11-15 speed is good and mods with that amount should go on your first string characters. And mods with 16-20 speed are amazing and should go on your top characters only.

In addition to speed, look at the primary characteristic for each mod to figure out which character might benefit most from that mod. Got a character that dies fast? Give them health and protection primaries. Not doing enough damage? Offense, critical damage, and critical chance primaries can fix that. Need to land more debuffs? Potency is where it’s at. When you mod your characters, you can see the effects of the mods you have on them. Mix and match to find the best fit. And this is where the mod types come in. If you have a certain number of mods equipped on a character that are the same type, the character gets a bonus. If those mods are all max level, the bonus is increased. Again, play around with these to see what works best.

Lastly, let’s talk about farming mods. You unlock mods by completing mod battles, but you just need to get through all of them once. After you finish the last tier of mod battles, never go in there again. You farm mods from mod challenges. Each type, except health, requires five 5 star characters of a certain faction to finish the third tier of the challenge. You need to 3 star those third tier challenges to farm mods. Once you have done that, you can use sim tickets to farm mods. We’ve already talked about the mods you want and the ones you don’t, so you know what to look for. Now let’s talk about time and energy. Based on my experience, it will take an average of roughly 800 cantina energy spent in order to get one good mod. In order to get a full complement of 30 good mods for your arena team, that’s 24,000 cantina energy spent. And that’s going to take weeks to get. But by going through the process, you will make your arena team much better, and you will climb higher in ranks than you have ever been before. The characters with good and even fair or low level mods will be better in all aspects of the game. So it’s worth doing. But know that it’s going to take a while to do.

Personally, I will farm a character from cantina energy and then farm mods for a week. Then another character, then more mods. That way I keep getting more good mods, and mods can be rearranged so if I change my arena team tomorrow, I can move all my existing arena mods (my best ones) from my old arena team to my new one. Mods are one of the best parts of the game because they truly allow you to customize and personalize each character as you want.

Good luck and happy mod farming!
  • LaksonVell wrote: »

Very few people use speed speed mods because they are very exclusive. 90% of the population use HP mods with speed primaries, because they are a lot easier to obtain. Use your crystals to buy cantina refresher and repeat t he 5 star challenges.

Keep in mind that for the "arrow" even a 3 star mod is more valuable than any other 5 star mod. A 3 star mod will give you 21 speed (I think not sure) on primary. Quite a good deal if you dont have a 5 star.

On a side note, a popular way of breaking down players based on their wallets are f2p, p2p, dolphins and whales.

Thanks for your help. any is always appreciated :)

I see youtube videos and other people saying about speed, and other posts here, its all about the speed. Is that why they are harder to obtain? My plan was to keep saving crystals and just buy loads of mod packs but it seems that is a very expensive way to do it.

I think I can consider myself to be a p2p because ive spent cash in the game (only around 10 bucks), but its a start. I will spend more once I get characters worth spending on, like baze and kenobi :D

I am surprised about the 3 star arrow being more valuable. I would never have kept anything less than 5 if I had not read your comment.

I think I am getting an idea of what to look out for when farming the mod challenges.

At the moment I mostly use my cantina energy to farm the cantina and get characters to 7 stars, currently working on kylo unmasked and his ship, another reason why I did not mod challenge farm so often.
  • I feel like this thread has gotten away from the OP's concern of not being accepted by a guild. But yes, mod knowledge will help you succeed for better HAAT scores. However! There are so many guilds out there that have HAAT down with no need for score contributors. Our guild generally has a spot or two open and we recruit people who get their 600 tickets and follow rules. Lots of guilds recruit ticket getters. It is your job to find those types or guilds.
  • Thanks for your help. I am going to save this and other posts and thread in general to keep going over it :)
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    In addition to the above, a “good” mod is typically defined as one with a speed increase on it. While the general mod types (the picture on the mod and where you get it, like “health” or “potency”) can matter somewhat, the primary and secondary specs are much more important. Arrow-shaped mods are the only ones that can have speed primaries. A 5 star arrow mod with a speed primary will give 30 speed when it’s leveled up all the way. You should have these “speed arrows” on every single character you regularly use.

30 speed sounds like it would be very good. If I am able to find one of those mods in the challenges or events that give them out like the palp event did.
    For all the other mod shapes, speed is going to only show up as a secondary characteristic. A good rule to follow is: when you first get a mod, it’s only worth keeping and upgrading if it has 5 stars and it has speed somewhere on it. Sell everything else or put them on your weaker unused characters for a higher power rating.

So far I have only made sure its gold from level one and 5 stars, but some weaker characters like ewoks that I never use but are needed for events could get some use out of them I guess.
    For ones with speed secondaries, you can level them up gradually to see how good they’ll get. Every 3 levels (level 3, 6, 9, and 12), a mod will either upgrade an existing secondary or add a new one. Here’s where the colors come in. A grey mod starts with no secondaries and will add a new one when it gets to each of the levels I said. Unless it’s a speed arrow, sell or offload all your grey mods because they’re not worth upgrading. A green mod has 1 secondary skill showing, a blue mod has 2 showing, a purple has 3 showing, and a gold has all 4 showing. The number of skills showing when the mod is level 1 is also the number of chances to upgrade one of those skills. The upgrade process is random, so you won’t know which skill will be upgraded until you upgrade the mod. Upgrading mods all the way to max is expensive (half a million credits per mod), so don’t do it unless you have a keeper.

I wont keep anything less than gold, maybe purple for weaker characters I never use, but I think it depends on how you test your characters and where you use them, for example on raids my characters drop off like flies a lot depending on who I use, my weaker phoenix can last longer than my g12 stronger jedi characters which my phoenix are mostly g8

Using galactic war battles I win easily even without mods.. arena I can do ok, but I am using dark siders with the plan to replace them with either night sisters, phoenix or maybe a baze/kenobi team when the time comes with wedge,biggs, leia, depending on what works well.
    Speed is king. Mods with 1-5 speed are low level and you could put them on your second- or third-string characters. 6-10 speed is ok for some of your first string characters if you don’t have anything better. 11-15 speed is good and mods with that amount should go on your first string characters. And mods with 16-20 speed are amazing and should go on your top characters only.

I tried to focus on speed mod packs only and added any five dots I got to ezra but the second time I purchased a pack I got no five dots and sold them all.
    In addition to speed, look at the primary characteristic for each mod to figure out which character might benefit most from that mod. Got a character that dies fast? Give them health and protection primaries. Not doing enough damage? Offense, critical damage, and critical chance primaries can fix that. Need to land more debuffs? Potency is where it’s at. When you mod your characters, you can see the effects of the mods you have on them. Mix and match to find the best fit. And this is where the mod types come in. If you have a certain number of mods equipped on a character that are the same type, the character gets a bonus. If those mods are all max level, the bonus is increased. Again, play around with these to see what works best.

It seems that mods are better than gear levels as I have weaker g8 ezra which is stronger than a g12 charter, but is that because its kit fisto? I thought Yoda would be my best going by what I thought was good in the movies lol and did not focus on any good characters.

Phoenix/rebels/resistance is my main focus atm, but the main goal is to get all of them to g12 and good gear eventually.
    Lastly, let’s talk about farming mods. You unlock mods by completing mod battles, but you just need to get through all of them once. After you finish the last tier of mod battles, never go in there again. You farm mods from mod challenges. Each type, except health, requires five 5 star characters of a certain faction to finish the third tier of the challenge. You need to 3 star those third tier challenges to farm mods. Once you have done that, you can use sim tickets to farm mods. We’ve already talked about the mods you want and the ones you don’t, so you know what to look for. Now let’s talk about time and energy. Based on my experience, it will take an average of roughly 800 cantina energy spent in order to get one good mod. In order to get a full complement of 30 good mods for your arena team, that’s 24,000 cantina energy spent. And that’s going to take weeks to get. But by going through the process, you will make your arena team much better, and you will climb higher in ranks than you have ever been before. The characters with good and even fair or low level mods will be better in all aspects of the game. So it’s worth doing. But know that it’s going to take a while to do.

I have a few that are not three starred all the way to the last tier, but also a few that are. speed mods are not one of them and I am working on a few of the characters that are needed like rey, R2 and eventually finn, but it does feel like its going to take forever to do, especially since my main focus has been levelling up to 7 stars/unlocking and getting the gear as high as I can for as many characters as possible, rather than focusing on a team like I am doing now.
    Personally, I will farm a character from cantina energy and then farm mods for a week. Then another character, then more mods. That way I keep getting more good mods, and mods can be rearranged so if I change my arena team tomorrow, I can move all my existing arena mods (my best ones) from my old arena team to my new one. Mods are one of the best parts of the game because they truly allow you to customize and personalize each character as you want.

That is a good plan. I have all the cantina battles three starred atm but I am working on getting them all to 7 stars. 1/1 week farming on each, but with the amount of energy you need to get anything good do you get much within that time?

They do make all the difference to your characters and without them your squads are close to useless even with g12, but everyone is adding zetas now, but i think zetas are easy to use and understand compared to mods :cold_sweat:

Good luck and happy mod farming!

Thanks!!!

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

You DO know about mod challanges. You are level 85. Yet you only have 5 mods equipped. 5 mods in your entire roster? Either you are trolling hard or you lack some basic insight in how to farm mods in challenges — for free — and in how huge a difference mods will make to the strength of your toons. Having no mods will reveal your lack of insight to any hAAT guild you join. I would suggest to farm mods for a few weeks and equip your characters — even with mediocre mods. Just to appear more more skilled as a player. That should help you join a hAAT guild again. Another way to signal skillful play is to work on your arena team. If you insist on using Sith, you should add trooper and maybe assassin as well (keep EP, Vader and DN). If you don't mind a bit more empire, you should gear up you 6* Thrawn (he will be great) and aim for EP, Vader, DN, Thrawn and a tank (sith/shore trooper). That would be a great team.
  • Waqui wrote: »

You DO know about mod challanges. You are level 85. Yet you only have 5 mods equipped. 5 mods in your entire roster? Either you are trolling hard or you lack some basic insight in how to farm mods in challenges — for free — and in how huge a difference mods will make to the strength of your toons. Having no mods will reveal your lack of insight to any hAAT guild you join. I would suggest to farm mods for a few weeks and equip your characters — even with mediocre mods. Just to appear more more skilled as a player. That should help you join a hAAT guild again. Another way to signal skillful play is to work on your arena team. If you insist on using Sith, you should add trooper and maybe assassin as well (keep EP, Vader and DN). If you don't mind a bit more empire, you should gear up you 6* Thrawn (he will be great) and aim for EP, Vader, DN, Thrawn and a tank (sith/shore trooper). That would be a great team.

I did have lots of mods on all my characters but I removed them in order to get better mods and sold them to upgrade gear levels and so on...

Ofc I know about mod challenges, but the problem with them is that I do not have all of them three starred all the way to the last tier, speed mod challenge for example as my characters are not upgraded enough to do so yet, plus the ones I do have three starred to the last tier I have farmed a few times but I have always received white, low level mods which I have sold and ofc I have tried to focus more on cantina farming and not really focused on mod challenges too much.

I am levelling up some of the needed characters and hopefully it will help with the mod challenges..

thrawn is going going to be upgraded slowly once I can save gear.

Thanks for your post
  • In my opinion getting Kenobi and improving your mods are two entirely separate issues. Just because this guild dumped you because you had bad mods doesn't mean that all guilds are like this. In fact I think that most guilds would not have issues of you having bad mods. Just try to find a new guild
  • Op didn’t happen to be ‘given’ a fully formed account did he? For an 85 with g12 toons to not know about mods is in my opinion kitten.

Taken the time to 7* grievous as well.. hmm troll or kitten
  • I have a feeling there is too much information being thrown here so lets boil it down a little bit:
    1. focus on arrows with speed primaries, 3 star or + untill you get a 5*
    2. focus on speed SECONDARIES on other mods.
    3. THE MOD TYPE DOES NOT MATTER AT THE MOMENT (I have a feeling this is your biggest issue and it was mine as well. You simply do not have access to speed type mods yet. Few people do. Especially 5* simmable access. While they are better than HP mods, HP mods are much more accessible. and you need 4x speed mods to get a 10% speed boost. That will translate to 15-20 speed, and for that not only do you need 4 5 star speed mods, you need them to be a speed arrow and have speed secondaries, since those are meta mods. FOCUS ON 5* MODS YOU CAN ACCESS, ASAP)
    4. In adition to the 30 mods you will use for your arena, you will need 5* mods for your ships and admirals (Mace, Tarkin, the squid or Thrawn) And that is 42-60 mods, all leveled up to max, eventually (the numbers vary depending on how many ships you can use). The good part is THE STATS AND TYPES ON THOSE MODS DO NOT CONTRIBUTE. Only the level and stars do. So your ezra arrow, while useless on ezra in arena, will contribute the same to a biggs pilot as a super nice 30 speed arrow.
    5. You can level a mod to lvl 12 to see all the stats it will have. This is only 30% of the price it takes to level it to max (lvl 1-14 is just slightly more than 14-15) So take that into account as well.
  • 5. Don’t level mods to level 12.
    If it’s green with speed secondary, level 3 will reveal the max speed
    If it’s blue with speed secondary, level 6 will reveal the max speed
    If it’s purple with speed secondary, level 9 will reveal the max speed
    If it’s gold with speed secondary, level 12 will reveal the max speed
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    5. Don’t level mods to level 12.
    If it’s green with speed secondary, level 3 will reveal the max speed
    If it’s blue with speed secondary, level 6 will reveal the max speed
    If it’s purple with speed secondary, level 9 will reveal the max speed
    If it’s gold with speed secondary, level 12 will reveal the max speed

with an adition from more experienced people. I had great results with leveling mods to lvl 12. But I think my mods were green and blue with speed already on them, I did not know I Dont need to push then to 12 to see the max results.
  • @swgregoriou I wouldn't buy the mod packs unless you're placing first in both arenas daily, it's much better (in my opinion) to use crystals for refreshes for mod challenges. You can sell the bad mods you get for credits which will help with the credit crunch when upgrading mods
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I did have lots of mods on all my characters but I removed them in order to get better mods and sold them to upgrade gear levels and so on...

Ofc I know about mod challenges, but the problem with them is that I do not have all of them three starred all the way to the last tier, speed mod challenge for example as my characters are not upgraded enough to do so yet, plus the ones I do have three starred to the last tier I have farmed a few times but I have always received white, low level mods which I have sold and ofc I have tried to focus more on cantina farming and not really focused on mod challenges too much.

I am levelling up some of the needed characters and hopefully it will help with the mod challenges..

Well, even upgrading theese white mods would have been a profitable investment. Imagine 450k credits for an extra 36% crit damage on one of your main characters or 23.5% extra protection or 30 extra speed. That's still a very good investment, which would pay off immediately.

You could have earned extra crystals from your arena every day. You could have helped your guild in raids and territory battles/wars and hence won more gear and currencies. You could have managed player events more easily for more rewards.

My best advice to you would be to immediately farm as minimum a set of 30 mods. Mediocre mods are fine for a start. Even white 5 dot mods with mediocre primaries will be a huge improvement for you. You don't need to worry about speed secondaries and such at your stage. If you lack credits, then just upgrade them all to level 6 only and then take them further, as you get more credits (while not wasting credits on characters, you're not using anyway of course).
  • Hey all,

So I managed to get my first 12 Kenobi shards before getting removed from my guild and I realised that it is not likely that any guild good enough to be able to finish the HAAT will never let me stay for very long due to my lack of knowledge on mods and lack of them on most of my characters. I am also told the ones I do have on my one character with them are rubbish (ezra).

I have tried to research it on youtube, and ive not found anything that really makes sense to me. I get the colour codes and dots, but the ones I have are five dot gold (from lvl 1), and are apparently no good. I dont get why.

ttps://swgoh.gg/u/swgregoriou/collection/

My question is, is it ever likely that kenobi will be available in local stores or farmable places other than the HAAT?

The forum is full of knowledge, if you're looking for a Guild that will share knowledge and help you gain Kenobi shards then I have sent you a DM
  • General Kenobi, now available at your local store!
  • Sorry dude that was way too tempting. If you aren't strong enough for haat then you probably don't need to worry as much about Kenobi yet.

Raise your GP. Find a guild that does haat and do your 600 daily tickets EVERY SINGLE DAY and I'm sure someone will keep you.

And no, Kenobi and Han will never be in a local store or packs. They will be raid exclusives for ever.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    He already found a guild that does HAAT and we don't kick people just because they did 560 one day instead of 600. But we're a more casual guild than some, I know.

It's silly to say he shouldn't worry about getting GK. Everyone should want the best toons regardless of how they are currently performing in HAAT. Some of our lower level members are getting a jump on their competition by unlocking Han and GK sooner.

I agree these raid toons are not going to be in the stores. No reason for that.
  • TVF wrote: »
    He already found a guild that does HAAT and we don't kick people just because they did 560 one day instead of 600. But we're a more casual guild than some, I know.

It's silly to say he shouldn't worry about getting GK. Everyone should want the best toons regardless of how they are currently performing in HAAT. Some of our lower level members are getting a jump on their competition by unlocking Han and GK sooner.

I agree these raid toons are not going to be in the stores. No reason for that.

Well it's not what I meant, the guy didn't say he was kicked because of his low tickets, he was kicked due to his knowledge of the game. He is probably very new to the game and he would most likely benefit from a younger guild.

He needs a guild like the one I was in, highly engaged young guild, he will improve faster, get his BB8, CLS, Thrawn and then his farming of Kenobi will be way faster if he starts placing top 3 in haat.

Being stuck in a guild where you are one of the weakest members means he is never gonna see a top 10 in either raid and he is basically farming everything on slow mo
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Every single member outside the top 3 gets 6 GK shards and the top 3 don't get that much more than that (7-9-11 IIRC). There's no way he can get GK faster right now than joining a guild that's already farming it. By the time he's ready to place top 3 in HAAT he would already have unlocked GK with us.

There are benefits to joining a newer guild, sure, but there's also benefits to joining an established guild. In addition to getting GK faster, he'll get better TB and TW rewards.

I'm not going to discuss further because at some point you just sound like you're telling him to leave our guild, which he just joined.