IPD mission is divisive!

I'm sure some people will try to convince me of how awesome imperial troopers are because they "counter" the Nightsisters and that by gearing them I have nothing to lose. However let me say that this is a horrible arguement, first of all there are other ways to beat the nightsisters and much more efficient, so that you don't have to forfeit 30 possitions overnight, including the recently reworked Vadertine who everyone happens to have them geared up anyways. Also spending a couple of zetas and all that gear for a team that is mediocre at it's best, isn't exactly smart.

The problem is that we need out imp troopers for thr IPD mission and g8 won't cut it. This means we have to invest in raid geat which is very precious and now with everyone being able to solo rancor in our guilds, scarce. We are starved off gear, at least those of us who farm Hermit and Wampa...

Many guilds are pressuring players to get those g10 troopers for the mission and you can't blame them. Ipd is a solid character, but finding the gear for that is very difficult. So now you are making us choose between our guild and our own progress. Most of us haven't gotten to gear Rey and BB8 yet. We still need to save gear for Yhoda and Wampa, as well as the Nightsisters.

Things are not easy and with Rancor drops being nerfed we are at a dead end. I thought Rolo and IPD were meant to be a matte of procedure and just having the shard requirements rather than requiring a bunch if raid gear and even zetas to complete.

Also Rolo is easy cause we can pick from a large pool of characters, since alll rebels are eligible. The IPD is very restrictive. We should be able to use any Empire characters with veers and stark, this way our already geared Palpatine,Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn and tfps could carry stark and veers. Instead we are made to choose between our guild and ourselves. This sucks

Replies

• TL;DR.

Troopers aren't an ideal NS counter for arena because they get knocked back so much, but they're freaking awesome when you have a nasty NS team in TW. They're a perfectly viable team for doing standard combat missions in all other phases of DSTB. My whole guild is gearing them and is better for it.
  • I am not sure which team you are looking at bc my imperial troopers are far from mediocre. You need to pull up YouTube and watch videos on them bc I don't think you have any idea what that squad is capable of. cheers!
  • NovaPrime wrote: »
    I am not sure which team you are looking at bc my imperial troopers are far from mediocre. You need to pull up YouTube and watch videos on them bc I don't think you have any idea what that squad is capable of. cheers!

TL;DR.

Troopers aren't an ideal NS counter for arena because they get knocked back so much, but they're freaking awesome when you have a nasty NS team in TW. They're a perfectly viable team for doing standard combat missions in all other phases of DSTB. My whole guild is gearing them and is better for it.

Well, still, what if they are not in your bucket list. As good as they may be they aren't better than Hyoda, Wampa, Rey, BB8. No matter how you look at it. I'm still missing tons of pieces for Nihilus, Vader, Palpatine. If I use all my gear towards them then I'll have to start over for the characters I want to gear. The game shouldn't have to dictate to us who to gear by forcing it down our throat. Those events should just be trivial, get whoever you need to which ever star you need. Pop gear 8 and some aight mods and get it done. Whether you wanna take those characters further in gear, shouldn't be dictated by the game, but by our choice.

Also when it comes to TW, all you really need is about 3-4 good squads for defense and maybe 2 solid ones for offense, imp troopers fall way down the priority line.
  • I will also vouch for my imperial troopers, absolutely love them. Super fast, zeta on both veers and starck. Starck 229 speed, veers at 200, snow at 146 etc... You get starck to go 1st and all heck breaks loose. Gear xi on those 3, gear x storm and gear viii magma. Are they meta probably/probably not, I'm not sure but plenty of videos on how well they perform. I was the sole provider of droid shards today out of 49 members, very proud of my troopers. I agree that a lot is going on in this game and is hard to focus but the troopers are a squad well worth my investment. I've been playing for over 2 yrs and only started those chars after the first dstb was launched to give you a time frame of my gearing time. I had them all 7* except starck well before hand, just no gear and at lower levels.
  • And you had to know something was coming since they renamed and created the imperial trooper tag months and months ago. I guess they wanted to showcase these particular characters. You just need to make a decision and stick with it. Like me saw the special mission, it's requirements and met it. I didn't beat it the 1st time so I cinched my belt tighter, buckled down and did all I could to get that win for today. Just remember it's a game, have fun, make the choices that benefits you and if your guild isn't picky about it take your time getting those guys up to par. If not you may feel their pressure as well. Good luck in your gaming experience
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    NovaPrime wrote: »
    I am not sure which team you are looking at bc my imperial troopers are far from mediocre. You need to pull up YouTube and watch videos on them bc I don't think you have any idea what that squad is capable of. cheers!

TL;DR.

Well, still, what if they are not in your bucket list. As good as they may be they aren't better than Hyoda, Wampa, Rey, BB8. No matter how you look at it. I'm still missing tons of pieces for Nihilus, Vader, Palpatine. If I use all my gear towards them then I'll have to start over for the characters I want to gear. The game shouldn't have to dictate to us who to gear by forcing it down our throat. Those events should just be trivial, get whoever you need to which ever star you need. Pop gear 8 and some aight mods and get it done. Whether you wanna take those characters further in gear, shouldn't be dictated by the game, but by our choice.

Also when it comes to TW, all you really need is about 3-4 good squads for defense and maybe 2 solid ones for offense, imp troopers fall way down the priority line.

Your stance is basically "I don't want to work on them and they are needed." This is such a childish thread. Can someone close it?