Take out Useless Gears from Raid reward

Fredy5
328 posts Member
edited January 2018
everythink is said. dropping a gear we already have from "Defi" x3000 as a raid reward is non sense. raid reward should be exiting not ....
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Yes. I’ve seen thousands of posts here about this. It probably won’t happen because it encourages players to buy gear with crystals instead of actually rewarding players for their time. This would be ok if we could trade gear in for other gear or at least sell it. But that is not the case.
  • Options
    +10000
  • Options
    This. Even if it were lower level gear that I'm always running out of I would prefer that than supposed high level gear I already have thousands of.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't want take the gears out then please release a mythic version of the raids with a better prize pool.
  • Options
    Nothing is more annoying than you got useless gears for your effort. It's really-really demoralising and it just makes me more confident to not spend anything on this game ever.
  • Options
    Tell me about. Got 1st in heroic pit today and got 20 mk 6 hypo syringe salvage 1 fully crafted mk 6 hypo syringe and 40 mk v droid callers. Guess which 2 of those I didn’t need.
  • Options
    Nothing is more annoying than you got useless gears for your effort. It's really-really demoralising and it just makes me more confident to not spend anything on this game ever.

Remember, they don't even want your money, unless it's thousands of dollars a month. They just want you to help keep those who pay thousands engaged.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think the idea here is that they want rewards to be all over the spectrum. By leaving the option in to get little to no benefit from the rewards, they increase the value of the good rewards.

This leads to a feeling of excitement for good rewards, as well as encouraging people to spend on them if they don't get them.

So, in my opinion, there is actually something to be gained both for us and them by doing so. Frustration and disappointment are a necessary part of the equation to actually feel elated and accomplished at times too. (without sadness, happiness would lose all meaning).

Not that I am happy with getting crap rewards either, I just believe that being happy all the time isn't really possible or good.
  • Options
    There's still plenty of excitement when I get gear that's not farmable on a node vs gear that is farmable. Carbs and guns are great, but I can farm them. Droid callers and security scanners are my big obstacle. Rng could screw you for weeks... in the mean time I have thousands of gear items that I will never use, enough to have a surplus forever even if I won the lotto and took every toon to g12 is ridiculous.

Let people start to catch up through rewards and they'll start spending more to get that last little bit. It's when you're just on the cusp that the temptation to spend is greatest.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If they intend to keep Challenge gear in raids then make more toons need them. Mk.iv Carbantis are rarely used but they make up a nice piece of gear (81 damage, armor penetration). Add this to some new attackers and bingo, the gear is less useless!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Getting terrible rewards over and over has a negative effect on spending. I can only speak for myself and guild mates. What’s the point in spending to place higher in events when rewards are so terrible? There’s no ROI. Now, if useless gear was removed that we have several hundred or 1000s of, then it increases desire to spend because more would be wanting to rank higher. Just common sense
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie

Anyone there? Please take out useless challenge gear from heroic raid rewards. Obviously carbantis are NOT included in that. But the mark 9 fabritech pads as rewards in a heroic tank are insulting. PLEASE listen to your community and make this happen.
  • Options
    Getting terrible rewards over and over has a negative effect on spending. I can only speak for myself and guild mates. What’s the point in spending to place higher in events when rewards are so terrible? There’s no ROI. Now, if useless gear was removed that we have several hundred or 1000s of, then it increases desire to spend because more would be wanting to rank higher. Just common sense

They take the opposite approach when it comes to spending. They don't please you into spending on events. They frustrate you into spending on shipments.
  • Options
    Those rewards were nice when the tank first got introduce, I was always running out of the challenge gear
  • Options
    Good that people keep making these posts, I'd hate if this topic disappeared. Preach!
  • xtended2l
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I dont know why we receive the same rewards in daily challenges. Despite the fact that I play for 6 month I already have sousands of useless gear pieces. Why not to add some diversity? Changing gear every month, week? Or make it random at least?
    The balance? Never heard of that.