Sim’s for GW... good or bad?

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's a great option.

Would love to have an option for the old difficulty too.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It's a great option.

Would love to have an option for the old difficulty too.

Agreed. Now that it can be simmed, give us who want to play it our challenge back.
  • Answering the original posters question. Since I am rapidly approaching 150 completed GW battles, I'm OK with the sim function.

I don't endorse the idea that if an increased difficulty mode is put into the game, the payoff should be better rewards. Everybody wants better rewards. It just doesn't need to be in a fixed mode of play. Using the credit heist as an example. You beat the top tier, you get the same (RNG withstanding) rewards as everyone else. Doesn't matter if you 1 star it, or can 3 star it with 1 character.

One idea I have never seen posted is that make GW the EXACT same for people of the same level, every day.
    Level 85, same for every level 85 player across all shards. Why? Because if the people posting on this forum are being truthful, some of the 2+ year veterans are getting easier node 12 battles than some of the newer level 80's.

I've had 1 team in the past 3 weeks I could not beat. A guy in my guild with almost 3 million GP, doesn't have the squad as high as the one I faced. I'm sure he could have beat it, but not with 1 team. I'm nearing 1 million GP, and I did not even get one turn.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »

I've had 1 team in the past 3 weeks I could not beat. A guy in my guild with almost 3 million GP, doesn't have the squad as high as the one I faced. I'm sure he could have beat it, but not with 1 team. I'm nearing 1 million GP, and I did not even get one turn.

I'm willing to bet that he would have beat that squad with one team and likely in one shot. He has many options available to use where as a newer player is limited. That's the glaring difference between players and their PERSONAL Gw match ups .
    Answering the original posters question. Since I am rapidly approaching 150 completed GW battles, I'm OK with the sim function.

I don't endorse the idea that if an increased difficulty mode is put into the game, the payoff should be better rewards. Everybody wants better rewards. It just doesn't need to be in a fixed mode of play. Using the credit heist as an example. You beat the top tier, you get the same (RNG withstanding) rewards as everyone else. Doesn't matter if you 1 star it, or can 3 star it with 1 character.

One idea I have never seen posted is that make GW the EXACT same for people of the same level, every day.
    Level 85, same for every level 85 player across all shards. Why? Because if the people posting on this forum are being truthful, some of the 2+ year veterans are getting easier node 12 battles than some of the newer level 80's.

I'm pretty sure it's 150 complete GW's (not counting incomplete GW's , not 150 nodes ( so 1800 nodes assuming you completed all 12 every time. More if you failed to complete a GW)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    They need to make GW hard again. It was the only place in the game that we could test our team combinations. It has become so watered down that testing isn't an option. @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Kozispoon since GW will soon become able to be simmed please make it competitive again to allow us to test our teams. Thanks in advance.

How about keeping the easy difficulty until players unlock the sim function (150 wars completed) and at that point bring back the good old dufficulty?!
    Answering the original posters question. Since I am rapidly approaching 150 completed GW battles, I'm OK with the sim function.

I'm pretty sure it's 150 complete GW's (not counting incomplete GW's , not 150 nodes ( so 1800 nodes assuming you completed all 12 every time. More if you failed to complete a GW)

Yes, I should have said 150 completed battles, node 1-12. I am almost done with 150 completed GW.
    I just checked and I've won over 2800 nodes, and am over 140 completed GW. So I am close.

I'm willing to bet that he would have beat that squad with one team and likely in one shot. He has many options available to use where as a newer player is limited. That's the glaring difference between players and their PERSONAL Gw match ups .

See, that was part of my point. Since the nodes are different, every player experience is different. I asked him what he would do with that match-up. He said "I haven't seen a matchup like that since the change in GW". I've no doubt he could beat it. Not sure about a 1 shot.

And certainly, a newly attained level 85 player, would have no chance, unless there was quite a few purchases made.
  • Bring back he difficulty, bring on the sim.
  • Can't satisfy everyone. Sim for those who want to save time, manual play for those who want to play it.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Great idea OP however I don't see them ever making rewards worth a raise in difficulty that would make the base happy.
    So yeah I would like the Sim option.
  • GW sim is may favorite part of this update. GW was fun when it was a challenge, now it is boring for me. And it will really help on 36 node day. Though I still don't think they have said if it will take a sim ticket for each node of 1 for entire thing
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    GW sim is may favorite part of this update. GW was fun when it was a challenge, now it is boring for me. And it will really help on 36 node day. Though I still don't think they have said if it will take a sim ticket for each node of 1 for entire thing

come on you know which one it will be.
  • My first tought was that you can sim only 1 battle out of 12 nodes. Its very easy now, but you still need sims, for which you have to pay diamonds. But not that bad. I hated the fact that for last node i had to use like 3 teams before doing it and some times i would loose with all my heroes
  • Sim tickets are easy to come by on a daily basis. I always have a surplus of 200 or more. Usually run out of energy via cantina/light--dark before sims.Then spend crystals to get more energy only 3x daily. I am relatively new to this game. March of 2017. I took me 9 months of hard game-play to achieve 12 nodes everyday. Yes...I said ACHIEVE!! I worked at it. This update infuriates me. I always looked forward to GW battles everyday. Putting my toons to the test, and getting the rewards. Forced shutdown redo's! Some names remembered for the fight they gave! I take note of some good players I face. I figure if you wanna sim your way through, then you should only get half the rewards or a third. I started playing this game because it was a challenge, and hard work earned rewards. Why not sim TB's & TW's? Heck, why not wake up and sim my workday! LOL.
  • BTW each node is 1 ticket
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nailed it.

Easy call but still.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I would LOVE to be able to sim through the GW if I fail. I'm a new player, and I'm gaining levels way too fast for my main teams to keep up with GW teams. I'm stressed and pulling my hair out on a regular basis. Mophead above mentioned that he does "forced shutdown redos" which isn't how the the GW was intended to be played anyway, so why put so much pressure on players to finish it? I was overjoyed when the update came out, but got really sad when I found the completion limit. I'm fine with the level 85 cut, but it's going to take me a long time to get 150 completions.
  • GW sim is may favorite part of this update. GW was fun when it was a challenge, now it is boring for me. And it will really help on 36 node day. Though I still don't think they have said if it will take a sim ticket for each node of 1 for entire thing

It's not like they're forcing you to use the sim cards. You can still challenge yourself if you want to.
  • GW was the "sandbox" mode everyone was crying for. I test out all my squad compositions there.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Kyngzilla wrote: »
    GW was the "sandbox" mode everyone was crying for. I test out all my squad compositions there.
    It’s not though. You fight against VERY weak teams
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    GW wasn't a sandbox mode. The teams you played were artificially boosted by CG. TW is now the new, true, sandbox.

If we could have GW where the last 2 nodes are the old difficulty, and the first 10 the new difficulty, I'd be all for bringing back the challenge.

Regarding time savings, completing GW is still a 15 - 20 minute task an "auto" and you can't really do anything else or it takes even longer. I'm glad they added the SIM because I get incredibly busy during the week and would rather spend those 15 - 20 minutes maximizing TB / TW. I'll still play GW on the weekends as I do with other game modes to test out new characters I'm gearing that aren't "maxed out".

I applaud this QoL change.