Sith Raid Preview

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    It's 2pm in California right now. If workday is almost over, I want a job there. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    It's 2pm in California right now. If workday is almost over, I want a job there. ;)

Judging by your forum participation, which is orders of magnitude greater than anyone who's job it is to interact with this community, I'd say you've got it much better than a ~2PM COB.
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    The Sith Raid will be upon us on 2/28, or in 8 days. Game Changers are supposedly at EA/CG today. Do you think we’ll see preview videos from them or CG this week?

I would assume so. I doubt they'd force the YouTubers to hold their videos over the weekend.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    rus_swgoh wrote: »
    CG_KoziSoon ;)

giphy.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Judging by your forum participation, which is orders of magnitude greater than anyone who's job it is to interact with this community, I'd say you've got it much better than a ~2PM COB.

Wow you sure can tell a lot about me simply based on my posts here. You should work as a private investigator.
  • Options
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AhnaldT101

AhnaldT101 just got there three hours ago or so, and from his comments it seems he's one of the first. So I don't expect any major news until tomorrow.
  • crewmeister
    252 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    image.png

• Options
    August comfirmed
  • Options
    Bossak wrote: »
    August comfirmed

Seems like it... or at least not this month as first planned
  • Options

Wow you sure can tell a lot about me simply based on my posts here. You should work as a private investigator.

I read it as a shot to the devs, not you @TVF
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    image.png

So, uh, when’s that embargo lifted?

Y’all got any more of that news?
    ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg
  • Options
    Nope, but I'm keeping an eye on their twitter accounts and reddit, I have a feeling news will drop one of those places first.
  • Options
    Appreciate the excitement and speculation. folks. Details and answers will come soon!

Soon, just like ships hardware abilities ? :D
  • Options
    Someone should learn the meaning of the word "embargo".
    "Sanctions" would have been more appropriate and the unsubtle hint at political life of the modern world still preserved.
  • Options
    7am on Thursday morning the 22nd. I was hoping to be gearing up a shiny new sith right now... guess this February WON’T be like last February.
  • Options
    Appreciate the excitement and speculation. folks. Details and answers will come soon!

Soon™
  • Options

Soon, just like ships hardware abilities ? :D

This is not what this thread is about. Stay on target.

I am kind of sad we didn’t get a Sith marquee event today though. Maybe next week before the raid release.
  • Options
    ANUBlS wrote: »
    7am on Thursday morning the 22nd. I was hoping to be gearing up a shiny new sith right now... guess this February WON’T be like last February.

As was mentioned repeatedly, the game changers just arrived last night, and it's currently 4 am there. And they have to get permission to start releasing content about what they see. Whining about it won't make the Earth spin faster.
  • Options
    Got your main waiting on. Your hoard
  • Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    Someone should learn the meaning of the word "embargo".
    "Sanctions" would have been more appropriate and the unsubtle hint at political life of the modern world still preserved.
    For your benefit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_embargo
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

As was mentioned repeatedly, the game changers just arrived last night, and it's currently 4 am there. And they have to get permission to start releasing content about what they see. Whining about it won't make the Earth spin faster.

Don’t forget, they actually have to make the content, ie videos. Hours of editing goes into that. I’m hoping tomorrow, but my guess is next Tuesday.
  • Options

I know the game changer status. I couldn’t care less about annoying dudes posting videos. My point remains: there are only 5 business days left in February and for devs to match or as teased best last years sith February, and it’s not looking like that is happening. I assume this raid is still planned for the 28th, but who knows at this point if that is still the plan? The QoL update did not mention it at all...

Thanks for your thoughts though. Really interesting stuff.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Don’t forget, they actually have to make the content, ie videos. Hours of editing goes into that. I’m hoping tomorrow, but my guess is next Tuesday.

With the raid referencing the QOL as the drop date and the QOL labeled with 2/28. I really can't imagine we will see anything before then.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

With the raid referencing the QOL as the drop date and the QOL labeled with 2/28. I really can't imagine we will see anything before then.

Why do you say that @Kyno ? We almost, if not always get a preview of an update 1 week to 2 days in advance of it coming.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Why do you say that Kyno ? We almost, if not always get a preview of an update 1 week to 2 days in advance of it coming.

With the Gamechangers just going out there now, and I don't think ever releasing their content on a weekend.

Plus the fact they are trying to really hype this up, I was thinking they are going to push this right to the end.

I don't recall how HAAT was released, so maybe you are right and we will see this on Monday or Tuesday, I'm just thinking it will be a flood of stuff Wednesday.
  • Options
    There’s no sense of hype over here. I’m not saying that to be a grouch or anything. Just been underwhelmed so many times now that I’m not all that excited about anything coming into the game that they try to hype. I find myself more hyped by the things I know are here and working than anything hidden from me. But if I was asked when I would start feeling hyped about the new content, I would have to say, soon...
  • Options

I know the game changer status. I couldn’t care less about annoying dudes posting videos.

When then that's you problem. They are frequently the channel through which we get a lot of info. The whole reason they were troubled to be there in person is to report about all the new stuff. The info is being held back so they can see it first, and we'll get their impressions of it at the same time we see it. We know this because this has been done before the same way... repeatedly. Your question was answered, and your complaint is invalid. You clearly must just enjoy crying.

My point remains: there are only 5 business days left in February and for devs to match or as teased best last years sith February, and it’s not looking like that is happening.

We got three Sith last year, and some were reworked to be a bit better. This year we have only one new Sith so far, but the Emperor and Vader have become arena meta, and we are getting an entire raid dedicated to the Sith. And something else that justified having people buy plane tickets to see in person is still coming. It's hard to imagine it not being at least mostly ready if they are having people with jobs, and lives spend time and money to come report on it.

Also we've had multiple official forum posts, and we've been given a firm date. They have around 150-160 hours to give info that might take a few hours to prepare. Maybe a few seconds if the notes are already prepared. So maybe chill for a bit.

Thanks for your thoughts though. Really interesting stuff.

You're welcome. Thanks you for the incessant, needlessly pessimistic belly aching.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @JacenRoe
    Don't disagree with most of that, although:
    "And something else that justified having people buy plane tickets to see in person is still coming."
    Do you genuinely believe that they will be out of pocket by paying for their plane tickets? EA aren't hosting them, or that they can't easily pay for it from their YT revenue & then it just generates more, so pays for itself?
    Seems like the age old "speculate to accumulate" to me. If something effectively pays for itself then it hardly requires any justification.

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys doing the YT vids are much the same as the other YT vloggers who make their living from YT in that they probably have some form of contract with the property licence owner, which is confirmed by them not being able to talk until allowed, they presumably also receive payment for advertising EA's product, then also get the money from all the ppl watching the vids.

I really don't think the vloggers will pay for any of this trip, except for maybe from a slight reduction in their profit margin, which will be easily absorbed by the increase gained from the extra views anyway.

Either way, I totally agree with the rest & I do not understand why everyone is getting all het-up about it.
    They stated 28th February. It's the 22nd. If it was the 1st of March, then fine, but it's not! lol
  • Options
    @JacenRoe
    Don't disagree with most of that, although:
    "And something else that justified having people buy plane tickets to see in person is still coming."
    Do you genuinely believe that they will be out of pocket by paying for their plane tickets? EA aren't hosting them, or that they can't easily pay for it from their YT revenue & then it just generates more, so pays for itself?
    Hardly requires any justification.

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys doing the YT vids are much the same as the other YT vloggers who make their living from YT in that they probably have some form of contract with the property licence owner, which is confirmed by them not being able to talk until allowed, they presumably also receive payment for advertising EA's product, then also get the money from all the ppl watching the vids.

I really don't think the vloggers will pay for any of this trip, except for maybe from a slight reduction in their profit margin, which will be easily absorbed by the increase gained from the extra views anyway.

:D:D:D

How much money do you think it costs to take off 3 days from your actual job, buy a plane ticket to California, and pay for food/hotel stay for those days vs. what a YouTube channel about a phone game (a glorified hobby) rakes in?

Most of the YouTubers I know barely pay for their recording equipment if that. Maybe some of these guys make a few dollars in the end (they do good work after all), but I nearly snorted coffee out of my nose laughing at the word, "profit margins."
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    They stated Feb 28th but also said there would be more announcements and info.
    The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update. Expect to see some more updates on what the content will look like – and please keep an eye on forum announcements for more details!

It's possible that the updates and announcements happen on the 28th, although it's not really worded that way. It's also possible the updates and announcements happen before the 28th, but that's less likely each passing day until we hit the 28th.

Nobody knows at this point, but the closer we get to the 28th, the more likely it is that the raid doesn't get going on the 28th.

Which, to clarify, is fine with me. I'm not upset about any of this. Just pointing out that everything is still speculation. Yes it says in so many words that the raid comes out on the 28th, but everything is subject to change.
This discussion has been closed.