Zeta for tanks

Prev1
Who are say, the top 5 tanks to zeta? I already have Finn done.
Hit the gym.

Replies

• Vader(if you have the right team, CLS(IBAT) and raid Han for p1, ventress
  • Wait I reread your question, you mean for tank, or that are tanks? Like GK, old ben etc?
  • Yeah, not tank takedown. I'm asking like Finn, old Ben, etc.
    Hit the gym.
  • When you say tanks, do you mean toons that hit like a truck or toons that soak up all of the damage
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section
  • I mainly focus on rebel and empire. I have a bunch of zetas on attackers and support. Just want to mix it up.
    Hit the gym.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    DarthGugel wrote: »
    When you say tanks, do you mean toons that hit like a truck or toons that soak up all of the damage

In this game it's the latter. The former is an attacker.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • When you say tanks do you mean modern era or historical like WW2?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    When you say tanks do you mean modern era or historical like WW2?

Which one holds more water?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Who are say, the top 5 tanks to zeta? I already have Finn done.

There's not many zetas for good tanks.

You already have Finn for resistance, the next best is probably Kylo Ren Unmasked then Old Ben or Kanan if you're really insistent on tanks. It depends more on squads though.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Tbh I don't have unmasked so it's between Kanan and old Ben.
    Post edited by Minetaridge on
    Hit the gym.
  • Kanan and OB are both really solid zetas.

Personally I think Kanan’s does far more to improve Phoenix as a whole, while OB’s is more “anti-Thrawn.” Both are good improvements, but Phoenix runs SO much better with Kanan’s zeta.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ZChewie.

https://swgoh.gg/u/olddumper/collection/62/clone-wars-chewbacca/

You will never regret it. ZChewie is the rarest toon in the game. I set him on defense for TW. The other guild just gives up.
  • FOST is a good one inight a first order squad
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    ZChewie.

You will never regret it. ZChewie is the rarest toon in the game. I set him on defense for TW. The other guild just gives up.

Also this is just a joke.

There aren't many good ones

zSTH is okay is better than expected.

ZChewie.

I felt physical pain when I saw that
  • Hilmala wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    ZChewie.

I felt physical pain when I saw that

Everybody laughs now but seeing as Chewie is the butt of a long running joke,eventually he will get his turn.

Or maybe not and I can always boast I have the best Chewie in SWGOH. Win/Win.
  • best tank = GK, then old ben because when he dies he gives boosts - best tank zeta (I consider fin a leader zeta), then shoretrooper-has no zeta but his m8 veeres does - pasive non leader zeta - so if you runs shore veeres zeta might make sense in lead or non lead position, then baze no zeta, St han no zeta, and everyone else - who doesen't really count

Kru - tho leader and a good one at that a zeta is a must for autotaunt in both lead and nonlead position because of his "halt" disable

then you will have wampa who is not a tank but his zeta can make him one with r2d2 - stealth as a soft tank

baze has no zeta and runs well with chirut but jyn has a zeta as lead- she gives protection to baze so if you want a good tank run baze with zeta jyn lead, then fill the team

kanan - good zeta especially for jedi/phoenix team

Which are top 5? well they are situational, obviously synergy is more important then a zeta tho as a general good tank you will want GK >old ben>baze>shoretrooper>kru (last due to gear/farm/novelty) in this order

Chopper is a good tank with no zeta but will work wonders with double tank with kanan so you will want to run them together for maximum survivability or not for a higher dmg

St han might work in some situations when GK is missing, like TW for a bit of tm gain, tho he will die quickly

Now any good toon can be a tank with r2d2 especially regen toons like wampa or counter like kru or others like vader for life leach

Now we reach the sith sith trooper has no zeta but would be the best dark side tank for sith, then savage- he has no taunt but has extra survivability and finally kylo the old one, who is not a tank but can work with the r2 trick or just alone. A zeta on him will make him tank like

Past this you have dedicated tanks - such as zombie - who will work only in NS present teams and NS in general but not much else. specialized tanks like zombie and sith trooper will work wonders with a second tank like GK and even a healer like chirut or zeta baris. they can be invincible on manual to let you use a darth nihilus 1 shot kill but will not work to well in arena on defense

Now past that you have 1 trick pony tanks - here are things like jedi with foresight zeta qgj, zeta kanan zeta JTR and finally old ben(who's purpose is like zombie - to die). the first 3 here are not tanks but run well with r2d2, a soft taunt followed by foresight can make them not take dmg for 2-3 times per turn, JTR can clense and so on

OFC 1 trick pony depend on the enemie team to not have dispellers to remove their taunt/soft taunt/ or foresight

So overall the top 5 tanks might fail you where a specializet tank like zombie might give you an easy win in NS team and nowhere else, it's really about building teams rather then tanks, GK will work anywhere, but in TW you get to use him 1 time and it will probably be on defense. Now past that there is little left to say, get the big guys up but consider using someone like raid han to just stun the bigest threat or thrawn to fracture or cls to take some dmg and replenish life and protection. All TM gain or protection gain leaders have a subtle value as well, like jyn might not be a tank but will take for 1 zeta rogue one squad from good to amazing just because she can regenerate protection, while emperor with zeta might go trough them whit out even needing a tank

On manual/ofense these are the consideration. Now on defense it's viceversa, know that a tank can be stuned dispelled or disabled - with things like fracture so it's either 2-3 tanks and a 1 shot kill guy - which doesen't really work anymore or a high DPS team. Like thrawn can fracture, han with zeta will stun first turn, cls will ability blovk and dispell in turn one, then darth nihilus will AOE for ability CD increase, dispel on basic and anihilate quite soon killing the tank in one shot, so how many tanks would it take to survive these? since they can get read of 4 taunts in turn 1 they will get to your DPS toon quite fast so consider the aspect of using RNG to your advantage on defense

wow this is a long post and we barely scratched the surface

ZChewie.

Are you a whale?
    ZChewie.

Are you a whale?

Nope. I have spent money on this game though. Not sure the amount but probably 300ish
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ZChewie.

lol. I've never seen you did it ;-)

KRU and Old Ben are for me the best tanks with zeta. KRU's zeta allows to pre-taunt and add counter chances. He's also fast and re-heal when he's hit, can stun.
    Old Ben resists fracture.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ZChewie.

Old dumper, I can tell from your name that you like dumping things away, and it's probably fine to dump whatever you want, but zeta is not a thing that you should easily dump away ;)

Anyways 3 best tanks are zetaless: gk shore baze

Finn zeta defines a faction
    Old ben needs both zetas
    So does kru
    Kanan/Zeb don't need zeta, Phoenix is just Phoenix.
    Sth/Fost/Paploo/Holdo zetas are luxury- 'It's good but I have 299 zetas to do first' kind of zeta
    Chewie/St zetas are one of a kind, you can go for it and boast everyone for having it

Overall, I'm not a big fan of tanks nor an enthusiastic proponent of the idea of investing zetas to them, but I should say RJT has the best zeta for tanks.
    ZChewie.

Old dumper, I can tell from your name that you like dumping things away, and it's probably fine to dump whatever you want, but zeta is not a thing that you should easily dump away ;)

Anyways 3 best tanks are zetaless: gk shore baze

Finn zeta defines a faction
    Old ben needs both zetas
    So does kru
    Kanan/Zeb don't need zeta, Phoenix is just Phoenix.
    Sth/Fost/Paploo/Holdo zetas are luxury- 'It's good but I have 299 zetas to do first' kind of zeta
    Chewie/St zetas are one of a kind, you can go for it and boast everyone for having it

Overall, I'm not a big fan of tanks nor an enthusiastic proponent of the idea of investing zetas to them, but I should say RJT has the best zeta for tanks.

Old Ben and KRU doesn't need the 2 zetas. KRU used as tank just need the one on his unique. Old Ben just need the one Devoted Protector to be good.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    So old Ben's taunt has a cool down of 4 turns and is a taunt for 2 turns. His zeta gives a third turn. So if I am reading it right, there is just 1 turn he will be off taunt with a zeta? Or is it two turns since it's a 4 turn cool down?

It must be one turn. I must be confusing myself here.
    Hit the gym.
  • So old Ben's taunt has a cool down of 4 turns and is a taunt for 2 turns. His zeta gives a third turn. So if I am reading it right, there is just 1 turn he will be off taunt with a zeta? Or is it two turns since it's a 4 turn cool down?

It must be one turn. I must be confusing myself here.

CD is still 4 and he's taunting for 2 turns. Now, the zeta adds a another turn, so 3 turns in a normal case. This zeta allows Ben to taunt after Thrawn fracture, Rey or CLS removes his taunt for example for a duration of one turn in this case.
  • Old Ben for the thrown counter
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    zeta-ing taunting tanks is unnecessary imo. Maybe unmasked, not sure yet, but i wouldn't zeta any of the other taunting tanks for sure.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    zeta-ing taunting tanks is unnecessary imo. Maybe unmasked, not sure yet, but i wouldn't zeta any of the other taunting tanks for sure.

You don’t think Kanan’s zeta is worthwhile considering Phoenix is required for LSTB, and the amount of gear it’ll save you compared to the team needed to reliably complete 6/6 day 6 without a zeta?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

You don’t think Kanan’s zeta is worthwhile considering Phoenix is required for LSTB, and the amount of gear it’ll save you compared to the team needed to reliably complete 6/6 day 6 without a zeta?

it's just one mission, i can live with 5/6 if RNG isn't on my side and i'm not planning on using phoenix in any of the other missions. (most of them are g8)
    Maybe for other players it's worth it just for LS TB.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • FOST is a solid zeta when running a KRU lead.