Future Character Updates

Replies

• I'm not sure why people are going so crazy about a level cap increase like 2 weeks after the game has come out lol, they'll bump it up eventually, but I'm not expecting them to increase the level cap every month. Most of the games like this that I've played rarely if ever raise the character level cap.
  • Justin7402 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people are going so crazy about a level cap increase like 2 weeks after the game has come out lol, they'll bump it up eventually, but I'm not expecting them to increase the level cap every month. Most of the games like this that I've played rarely if ever raise the character level cap.

Most of us complaining about level cap are actually people who have been playing for over 2 months. We kind of expected at least a minor level cap increase on full launch because we are stagnating on our main characters, namely being told we need level 63 or something to equip more gear or upgrade abilities etc.

"Rarely or if ever" doesn't really fit, they have quite clear plans to increase the cap with mechanics already set for after 60.
  • RaXoR wrote: »
    Usually games like this has a 100-200 cap. If they choose better beta players or more accurate information from their tests, they would have understood that a level 60 cap which can be obtained in two weeks was insanely underestimated.

Well I am terribly sorry we can't all be elitist, impatient know-it-alls with a superiority complex. If you are so terribly annoyed with the game, the players AND the developers when you have no basis for your complaints, then I suggest you move on to something else. Perhaps Candy Crush will suit your attention span, I hear it is very popular.

Why there are a few people on this forum so obsessed with what level they are, I will never understand. I would much prefer the devs focus on developing the new content and characters they are working on, and addressing real issues and bugs.
  • @Ser_Phoenix , i wish i could like posts :)
  • finally got rank 1 today....after 4 tries against the #1...
  • They could always abolish the level cap completely. This game was rushed out the door not even half finished.
  • They could always abolish the level cap completely. This game was rushed out the door not even half finished.

I suspect the movie had something to do with this.. Seems as though they needed a current star wars game relevant to the new characters and such so they could cash in on the hype too!

Although until they actually release the new characters they are talking about they are only holding themselves back because I'm sure people will go nuts buying crystals for chromium packs when the likes of yoda, jedi Luke etc are available.
  • I finde it somehow curious (even disturbing) the fact that there is HK-47 but not Revan no Darth Revan no Darth Malak. I'd totally pay for Revan either Sith or Jedi. And I miss padawan Obi wan, master obi wan and yoda must I say
  • I got bored with HoDA super fast. It wasn't for me but, I'm told it has a ton of characters. I'm sure CG will keep churning out a bunch. I'm greatly anticipating the next major update.
  • Resistance pilot being nerfed sucks. I've noticed that he hits like a truck and used him a lot. After one promotion he's a god. Very important asset. Now ruined lol
  • Darth Bane would be EPIC. easily the strongest character in the star wars canon.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Bane, Malek and Revan are still considered canon right? If so those are nice additions! Not sure if the following are mentioned before but what about:

Normal Han, Padme, Young obi wan, Captain Panaka, General Grievious, Wedge antilles, Sw Rebels chars like Ezra, Kanan, Sabine, Hera, Zeb (karabast), agent kallus, sith inquisitor, 6th amd 7th brother/sister
    Captain Rex!, Clone commander Cody (gave back obi's lightsabre in ROTS just before order 66 :(

Ki adi mundi, pre vizla, quinlan vos, shaak ti

Also suggestion for cosmetics? Have certain costumes available for purchase. People go nuts for cosmetics ;)
    Maybe even a dark toned Luke Skywalker with a red sabre but that might be too much.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Bane is very much canon but I don't think Malak and Revan are.

Raising the level cap also means building more Light/Dark and Cantina content, plus creating and balancing gear and ability upgrades for all characters. In all, for every 10 levels, it's weeks of work. And we still have to spend time improving the game in general and creating new characters and features.

I think that every game team wishes they could have done more when their game comes out. That's just how the industry works - like art, no game is ever "done," it's just given a release date. But fortunately, with free to play games like this, we get to keep making it better for a long time.

-Aaron
  • @CG_AaronNemoyten , thanks for providing an answer regarding the level cap. While I do disagree with current pricing structure, I'd like to see this game continue on successfully.

There's been a lot of frustration among soft launch players and high dollar players who have run into the level max. I wasn't aware that content required to go beyond 60 was incomplete. I felt like all of you at CG were forced into releasing whatever you had available by EA in time for Star Wars The Force Awakens.
  • @CG_AaronNemoyten is it within your power to even release a rough idea of when to expect new characters? Or is it more of a 'release when they are ready' basis just like the rest of the content?

Much like the force awakens characters released with the movie I'd love to see other characters released for occasions such as Christmas and new years! :wink:
  • if drop rate is 100% then there no fun for the game as everyone get favorite characters and build strongest team without taking any risk.
    you should know some character better at start but if you want ultimate team you gotta pay effort

Yoda and Jedi Luke is a must but not that in dark side hard 5b crazy strong
  • Yodo, Jedi Luke, Smuggler Han, Grevious.

I know much has been said on the game as of late, prices, nerf and all. I have voiced my opinion too. Now I want to say otherwise.

This game is a blast. I have a ton of fun with it and enjoy it very much. It offers different challenges, missions, PvP, GW so many areas to keep you busy. The sound is very cool and the play and strategy is fun too. All in all I've enjoyed this game more than I have games in a long time. So great job guys.
  • I felt like all of you at CG were forced into releasing whatever you had available by EA in time for Star Wars The Force Awakens.

As soon as we started working on the game, it was obvious that we were shooting for pre-TFA release window. If you were making a Star Wars game and a movie was coming out, wouldn't you do the same?

Nah, we weren't forced. Like I've said before, every game team wishes they could put more work into a game before releasing it. We made a huge number of improvements during soft launch, and we're really happy with what we have now. We can't make perfect the enemy of the good.

There are some notable examples of games that took a really really long time to complete because the team was always chasing the next big idea...

-Aaron
  • Chasing the next big thing, I've seen it in PC gaming for many years. Some games never reach fruition because of it. Thanks for clearing up the misconception that you were forced to launch.

Yes, if I was working on a SW game and a movie was coming soon I'd certainly launch before the movie. To do otherwise would be a bad business move. I don't think anyone is saying they don't like the game overall. As customers, we all desire the most content for the money.
  • I have a lot of fun playing as well. It's addictive :)
    As long as were able to suggest ideas and help make it even better this can easily be one of the best mobile games.

Im satisfied with the current changes and I can see that quite some effort has been made in a short time.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    I have a lot of fun playing as well. It's addictive :)
    As long as were able to suggest ideas and help make it even better this can easily be one of the best mobile games.

Im satisfied with the current changes and I can see that quite some effort has been made in a short time.

I agree, the devs aren't getting enough love. If everyone is happy, you're probably doing something wrong. Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I agree, the devs aren't getting enough love. If everyone is happy, you're probably doing something wrong. Lol

Thanks but uh... yeah I'll just keep telling myself that :smiley:

-Aaron

Sadly even Bane isn't canon now. Absolutely nothing prior to episode one is canon now, not a single thing. The only name prior to episode ones time line that is canon is Darth Plagius.
  • I finde it somehow curious (even disturbing) the fact that there is HK-47 but not Revan no Darth Revan no Darth Malak. I'd totally pay for Revan either Sith or Jedi. And I miss padawan Obi wan, master obi wan and yoda must I say

It is curious how the only non canon character to appear is HK, although HK does survive events all the way up to and past episode 4+, perhaps HK will be in the new trilogy as a cameo.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member

"There are some notable examples of games that took a really really long time to complete because the team was always chasing the next big idea...
    -Aaron"
    No idea what you're talking about. Hey, I hear it's only another 17 years to get StarCraft 3! :)

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Sadly even Bane isn't canon now. Absolutely nothing prior to episode one is canon now, not a single thing. The only name prior to episode ones time line that is canon is Darth Plagius.

Bane was in the Clone Wars cartoon, introduced as the first Sith in the Master/Apprentice line. It was barely anything, but he has to be considered canon I would think since everything else in clone wars is.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    No idea what you're talking about. Hey, I hear it's only another 17 years to get StarCraft 3! :)

I was thinking of Duke Nukem Forever.

Sadly even Bane isn't canon now. Absolutely nothing prior to episode one is canon now, not a single thing. The only name prior to episode ones time line that is canon is Darth Plagius.

Like someone else said, Bane is in the Clone Wars and therefore canon. Everything from the books was scrapped. The Rule of Two is pretty much all we know about him now.
  • Could you please check Lea? Imo she's over-over-overpowered
    Russian SW:GoH Community| 4PDA
This discussion has been closed.