Gamechangers getting merged accounts?

Prev1
SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited February 2018
@cg_Kozispoon can you speak to this? Why would CG allow a test account to be merged with a Gamechangers’ personal account, and then allowed into the player base? This clearly gives them an unfair advantage.

4_E56_EECF-_B127-44_EA-9478-96_CFF807_EB72.png
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• As if it wasn’t already known that kraken guilds could preview new shiny stuff before most of the player base

Although I think the “merging” is just a rumor, I’d like more transparency about what those game changers account are and what can be done with it
  • I would also like to know about this. Especially since this would go beyond either arena and into TW now.

As to the raid, the beta testers are supposed to keep quiet about any new content. That’s not always the case, though, is it?
  • sying wrote: »
    As to the raid, the beta testers are supposed to keep quiet about any new content. That’s not always the case, though, is it?

Yup, it was like this for aat, then Tb and finally tw, although some of them leak intel sometimes
  • Wonder which one that could be.
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    what is a relavent, interesting topic doing here? Mods asleep or something?

edit * lol nm, they moved it to feedback general where basically no one will see it.
    Post edited by baked_qft on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Are we sure this is not a misunderstanding the same thing that was done in the open beta.

The merge happens the other way, you merge your main account to the test server(which is not really connected to the main game). This server is isolated but has all the new features.
  • Snakes is that Reddit? And or can you post a link please?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    boooo gamechanger program !!!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »

Can we booo hiss fake news and not a program geared to help get information to the player.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Can we booo hiss fake news and not a program geared to help get information to the player.

We’ve seen how good the information getting part was recently, definitely no booos deserved
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Narseph wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

We’ve seen how good the information getting part was recently, definitely no booos deserved

Yeah those strings of videos that get released with each toon and the reviews of content are just so not what this game needs..... [/sarcasm]

Are you serious?
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Yeah those strings of videos that get released with each toon and the reviews of content are just so not what this game needs..... [/sarcasm]

Yeah, the lack of transparency on the last 4 marquee events and what the rewards were supposed to be, or why did they change them
    the fact actually 1 of the toon advertised in those string of videos was nowhere near the content shown
    (and the low key excuse about the armor set real high, so everything was normal ; I’ve been wondering about the fact that the other toons I’ve used during the marquee event weren’t affected by this armor change tho)
    And of course, the fact that high spending guilds got intel about new stuff sooner... oh wait, this one doesn’t count because the spenders represent the player base [/sarcasm]
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

i prefer to booo the game changer program, i really don't like it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

i prefer to booo the game changer program, i really don't like it.

I see.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018

Yeah, the lack of transparency on the last 4 marquee events and what the rewards were supposed to be, or why did they change them
    the fact actually 1 of the toon advertised in those string of videos was nowhere near the content shown
    (and the low key excuse about the armor set real high, so everything was normal ; I’ve been wondering about the fact that the other toons I’ve used during the marquee event weren’t affected by this armor change tho)
    And of course, the fact that high spending guilds got intel about new stuff sooner... oh wait, this one doesn’t count because the spenders represent the player base [/sarcasm]

Marquee events don't guarantee a shard count. Other than the single instance of a bug where shards of different counts were awarded to different player, there is no reason to expect a certain number of shards.

But we are getting off topic. Sorry, I shouldn't do that.

Marquee events don't guarantee a shard count. Other than the single instance of a bug where shards of different counts were awarded to different player, there is no reason to expect a certain number of shards.

There is until they make a clear statement about it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The event clearly states it is to unlock a character. Not all characters unlock at the same star count. Any extra is just a bonus.

The event clearly states it is to unlock a character. Not all characters unlock at the same star count. Any extra is just a bonus.

The good ol’ tomato tomato, right ? I’ve never discussed the fact that those marquees didn’t do their purpose (quite untrue with marauder and his showcasing nowhere near the advertise, but out of topic), I’ve just said they were never clear on the shard amount, and until they are you can expect people posting about it in the forums, despite you moving or burrowing these topics

What’s fake news? It still hasn’t been proven either way if that reddit post is real or fake. Hence, soap’s question. You can’t call it fake news or just news until it’s been proven either way. To do so prior just means you’re jumping to conclusions. I seem to remember very recently someone complaining about a test or some other god account showing up on a regular server.

I’ve seen a game changer go from having a mediocre go to a high gp. I chalked it up to them charging viewers and paying for their game that way. That could be me burying my head in the sand. I simply don’t know. But I have an idea of who the game changer in question is considering someone has been talking recently about getting into the program. I guess I or anybody can watch TI’s .gg and see what happens. Assuming that player is speaking about a game changer from his former guild.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Here’s more, showing GC Halfface’s response:

C928565_B-5_E53-4_C38-_B4_DE-8_CF7401355_C1.jpg

689_AD951-977_F-432_E-_A5_F3-_F45060_F8_A589.jpg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    sying wrote: »

What’s fake news? It still hasn’t been proven either way if that reddit post is real or fake. Hence, soap’s question. You can’t call it fake news or just news until it’s been proven either way. To do so prior just means you’re jumping to conclusions. I seem to remember very recently someone complaining about a test or some other god account showing up on a regular server.

I’ve seen a game changer go from having a mediocre go to a high gp. I chalked it up to them charging viewers and paying for their game that way. That could be me burying my head in the sand. I simply don’t know. But I have an idea of who the game changer in question is considering someone has been talking recently about getting into the program. I guess I or anybody can watch TI’s .gg and see what happens. Assuming that player is speaking about a game changer from his former guild.

This is a random statement, with no proof to back it up.

This was very similar to the statements made when the open beta was launched. I am dismissing it a little early, but without any information to back this up, it just seems like fake new (or rumor) over anything else.

The test accounts for open beta were brought into a non connected server, it seems unlikely that the player would have the ability to connect his account outside of that situation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    sying wrote: »
    It is a vague statement on purpose. If I started naming and shaming then that would be classified as personal defamation. Isn’t that against forum guidelines? I can go ahead if you want me to.

But we both know I wouldn’t be posting much longer if I did.

So you get to keep saying it’s fake news and the sky isn’t falling.

But while you’re doing that here, things are getting sorted out elsewhere. Keep fighting the good fight.

I would think someone with personal information of this nature and who cared about the game would have forwarded this off to the correct people to get it looked at. After all that has the potential to really damage the game in a serious way.

I wasn't referring to your statement being vague, but rather the statement in the posted picture. Because we have seen similar confusion from the open beta.
  • DarthKaffee
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Kyno , I'm sure you mean well and no doubt you provide a valuable service as a volunteer mod (I'm assuming you're not compensated, please correct me if I'm wrong), but when you chime in on seemingly every thread to defend against any and all critiques (both legit and tin foil hat stuff) of the game developer, your defenses lose a little more credibiity with each comment.

Keep up the overall good work but remember, sometimes it's better to let some things die a quiet death than fanning the flames of conspiracy with constant dev side defenses.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno , I'm sure you mean well and no doubt you provide a valuable service as a volunteer mod (I'm assuming you're not compensated, please correct me if I'm wrong), but when you chime in on seemingly every thread to defend against any and all critiques (both legit and tin foil hat stuff) of the game developer, your defenses lose a little more credibiity with each comment.

Keep up the overall good work but remember, sometimes it's better to let some things die a quiet death than fanning the flames of conspiracy with constant dev side defenses.

I say nothing i wouldnt say if i wasnt a mod. I just try to say it a little nicer.

Yes, we are volunteers.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Can anyone explain in one sentence why this should matter to me?

I'm not saying it shouldn't, I'm just saying for now I'm too lazy to care but also too lazy to really think about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • “Seemed” and “tin foil hat” yet you pass on this information like it’s truth. Shame on you @SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I'm not saying it shouldn't, I'm just saying for now I'm too lazy to care but also too lazy to really think about it.

Thanks for the good laugh
  • TVF wrote: »

Technically it should not matter to you right now as you are probably not on the same leaderboard as alleged merged account. However, setting the precedent for this will affect any future accounts in other leaderboards, and might even give unfair advantage to accounts in your leaderboard.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    “Seemed” and “tin foil hat” yet you pass on this information like it’s truth. Shame on you @SnakesOnAPlane

Shame on me? Did you not see the next group of photos where he admitted it? @Ender22

SnakesOnAPlane