Sith Raid Preview

Replies

• Options
    all i want is a hint when the gamechangers are allowed to share the new stuff...
  • Options
    Zevox wrote: »
    From the interwebs:

-The Sith Raid will award 6/7 dot mods
    If that is true, and it is instead of a character, it will be the single most disappointing thing to have happened since I started playing the game over a year ago. Mods are so **** boring - they're just an annoying necessity to compete, not something that makes the game more fun. Who would want that as a reward for a presumably-difficult new raid? Even if they were guaranteed to have speed secondaries, I wouldn't want that to be the case.

Frankly, even if it's in addition to a character, that's not good. Mods are a chore, but at least as they are now you never need to replace or further upgrade them - good mods are good forever. It should stay that way.

You know when the rancor first was released, you could get seven dot mods as part of the rewards.
    I was not aware of that, as Rancor's release was long before I started playing. It doesn't change anything that I said, though.
  • Options
    give the gamechangers time to cure their hangover first.
  • Options
    Can someone.please.pm me these supposed leaks??
  • Options
    Will the videos be going up on the 26th or a later date?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    YoloNOT19 wrote: »
    Will the videos be going up on the 26th or a later date?

We don't know. The 26th is the earlier we will see a preview. But we could just end up with a huge push of information on the 28th with the update if it says on target
  • Options
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    Can someone.please.pm me these supposed leaks??

Haha no need. It’s more or less the same thing we have been seeing for months :)
  • Options
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    So you are saying an embargo is not the reason just editing time.

I reckon having a sleep, some food, and some time with their families is probably part of the reason too! :smiley:

Selfish bunch I know.

• Options
    BzmR94 wrote: »
    all i want is a hint when the gamechangers are allowed to share the new stuff...

Soon.

You're welcome :)

In fact I'll do one better - very soon :)
  • Options

Soon.

You might say it will be sometime between now and when the related content is released.
  • Options

Soon.

You might say it will be sometime between now and when the related content is released.

I think you're positively onto something old boy!

• Options
    What is the point of the gamechangers program if we don't get any of the "inside info" before the new content is released? At that point, it is just public info and nothing special. Sorry, but this is yet another example of CG being terrible at public relations. "New info coming soon" shouldn't mean "In a month, which by the way is a week after it would have done anyone any good." They've even managed to kill their own hype for this new raid by telling us literally nothing. I'm the only person in my guild still trying to find out anything about it, everyone else is convinced it either isn't coming on time, or will won't work because "otherwise CG would be hyping it way more. They aren't telling us anything because it doesn't work/isn't coming."
  • Options
    I find hard to believe that they will release the Sith Raid on the 28/02 version update, i think we are going to have the QOL update and some news about the upcoming sith Raid which will come later ... Be ready to be disappointed
  • Options
    All we have seen in concept art. I'd be surprised if we get the sith raid before April
  • Options
    I’m starting to get tired of the waiting game.... let’s get some info
  • Options
    Why are there not clear dates on when insiders can share info? There is no way that keeping vague dates was discussed by professionals and viewed as the superior option. Tell the players "so and so is coming on X dates. They will be able to give you an early preview on X date."
    Seriously, WHAT IS SO FRIGGIN HARD ABOUT THAT???!!?!!???!!?
  • Options
    Cmon guys,
    It’s been 2 weeks, please give some info
  • Options
    and they will, in due time. It's almost here just wait it out like the rest of us.
  • Options
    Soon.....
  • Options
    Germi wrote: »
    I find hard to believe that they will release the Sith Raid on the 28/02 version update, i think we are going to have the QOL update and some news about the upcoming sith Raid which will come later ... Be ready to be disappointed

@Germi
    "We are also extremely excited to announce that we are working on bringing you a brand-new raid experience. This new raid takes place in Star Wars: The Old Republic timeframe and allows players to take on the Sith Triumvirate of Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, and Darth Traya.

The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update. Expect to see some more updates on what the content will look like - and please keep an eye on forum announcements for more details!"

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news/road-ahead-february-2018

Why is it so hard for people to understand that this raid is coming soon. QOL update is scheduled for 2/28 and this is when the raid will also be coming.
  • Options
    The month started really strong but I'll admit it; I'm bored now. The Vader/EP rework took my money and my Zetas, the SM event was cool and a new generic Sith got me exited but then...nothing...for like two weeks. Now, fine, if you want the majority of your monthly data updates to happen in one of the last days of the month ok...odd choice but fair enough...but give us something...even if it's a small scrap that points me at who I should be farming or what abilities might be useful....you could have pointed me in a direction and still essentially gave me nothing. Instead you just gave me nothing. Am I going to need DN? Maybe if we going to need the big 3 for Revan eventually. Is there any merit to the Heroes Fall rumor around Anakin? I could spend time and money on that. What about Sassasin and STrooper? Will we need them to further grow SM?
    Anything that kept the hype train running and informed my game play would have been awesome.
    Instead. Radio silence.
    So I moved on and went back to Plants vs Zombies.
    I'm sure when the update hits next week I'll check it out...just not with the same sense of excitement and buy in.
  • Options
    I hope we don't see the mod level increase. I feel that getting quality speed secondaries on a level 5 mod is too difficult for my arena team alone much less my 128 toons. The idea of having to farm level 6 or 7 mods for all my characters makes me sick. If your eventually able to buy the mods all the FTP players will be left in the dust. Won't be much fun to play the game at that point.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @OldManRobot Why/how did the Vader & EP rework "take your money"?
    I don't recall there being anything in those reworks that required anyone to spend money? If you chose to spend some then surely that's your choice & you giving it to them, not them "taking" it?
    Or do you mean the in game credits, rather than money?
  • Options
    Why is everyone so anxious for the new content anyway? I've been loving the slow time. I farmed up 55 million gold, spent 35 to set up imperial troopers right as I needed them, and now I'm back to almost 40 million. Farmed KRU and Silencer and now I'm farming trooper, then I get to catch up on veterans for when Rey comes back. Spent some time revamping my fleet so I can now consistently hit rank 1. The catchup and relax time has been amazing after what I feel was a pretty hectic last few months leading up to Rey. They want to delay content another few weeks I'll get even more caught up. I'd love that.
  • Options
    Antisora wrote: »
    Why is everyone so anxious for the new content anyway? I've been loving the slow time. I farmed up 55 million gold, spent 35 to set up imperial troopers right as I needed them, and now I'm back to almost 40 million. Farmed KRU and Silencer and now I'm farming trooper, then I get to catch up on veterans for when Rey comes back. Spent some time revamping my fleet so I can now consistently hit rank 1. The catchup and relax time has been amazing after what I feel was a pretty hectic last few months leading up to Rey. They want to delay content another few weeks I'll get even more caught up. I'd love that.

Boo this man!
  • Options
    I want zetas , gold mods wih guranteed speed + plus full crafted g11 12 gears . If that raid is that tough
    what i was thinking that new character can be is like we will fight sion and nilhilus and get sion shards first and a certain level will be always locked. And then we all get 330 shards of sion , then those characters will be needed to unlock the new part of that raid and we will get traya shards.

@CG_Kozispoon Probably can confirm that on monday i think !
  • Options
    Zerfius wrote: »
    Shouldn't this and all similar threads really be moved to a new Player and Guild Event sub-forum? And when the content information is released, it should probably be released to there also...

speculation is the prime function of the forums (in my opinion) therefore it must be in general chat.
  • Options
    I’m guessing the sith marauder will be required for something soon. My fear is we won’t actually learn what he’s required for until after he’s gone from the shop and before he’s available to farm.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Anubis
    Don't think it would make much sense to not have him available for purchase if everyone is suddenly desperate to get him? Surely that would be removing a potential source of income? Simple rules of supply and demand.
    Unless they do that to drive the demand up & bring him back for purchase shortly afterwards?
  • Options
    I want zetas , gold mods wih guranteed speed + plus full crafted g11 12 gears . If that raid is that tough
    what i was thinking that new character can be is like we will fight sion and nilhilus and get sion shards first and a certain level will be always locked. And then we all get 330 shards of sion , then those characters will be needed to unlock the new part of that raid and we will get traya shards.

@CG_Kozispoon Probably can confirm that on monday i think !

I think we can save Kozi some time here...you'll fight the whole triumvirate as stated in the Road Ahead post. Raids haven't ever required exclusive characters and it would be almost unbeatable if it did. I suppose we'll see if that's true but I find it veeeery unlikely. And in terms of the character rewards, only the heroic node has ever granted character shards, so unless they made 2 heroic nodes it's unlikely we'll get both Sion and Traya from the raid. Rumor is that Sion will be a marquee in march.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
This discussion has been closed.