Raid Tix for New Raid

Prev1
2 part question:
Would it be safe in assuming that we will be able to launch the new raid right when its released?
I dont recall, do you have to beat lower tiers before you can attempt Heroic?

Replies

• Yes AAT had to be completed to unlock HAAT
  • Yes AAT had to be completed to unlock HAAT

That is incorrect. You did have to complete lower tiers of Rancor but not of AAT. The guild I was in jumped head first into HAAT.

If I remember correctly, all of our raid tickets were filled up for the release of the tank raid, too. But it’s been so long I’m a little fuzzy on those details and that doesn’t mean it will happen again.
  • sying wrote: »
    Yes AAT had to be completed to unlock HAAT

That is incorrect. You did have to complete lower tiers of Rancor but not of AAT. The guild I was in jumped head first into HAAT.

If I remember correctly, all of our raid tickets were filled up for the release of the tank raid, too. But it’s been so long I’m a little fuzzy on those details and that doesn’t mean it will happen again.

They gave each guild a full bank of each raid ticket.
  • Which new raid you are talking about ?
  • Which new raid you are talking about ?

The new raid they announced week(s) ago. Darth nihilus, Darth Sion, and Darth traya
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    sying wrote: »

That’s what I thought but I wasn’t sure. Didn’t they do it twice for some reason? Like I mentioned, I’m now fuzzy on the details.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

That’s what I thought but I wasn’t sure. Didn’t they do it twice for some reason? Like I mentioned, I’m now fuzzy on the details.
    We recieved full coins (i believe that's what they were called back then) multiple times as compensation for fudge ups.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

We recieved full coins (i believe that's what they were called back then) multiple times as compensation for fudge ups.

That’s right, we got full rancor raid tickets a few times to compensate for game errors (I don’t remember what went wrong though).
    Then when the aat raid first came, they introduced the aat tokens as well and gave all guilds a full bank of both types of tickets to start with.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    leef wrote: »

That’s right, we got full rancor raid tickets a few times to compensate for game errors (I don’t remember what went wrong though).

i can remember it as it was yesterday... the 6* aat raid was extrem hard, a "normal" (casual) guild had to battle the 6* aat over a month day after day, week after week... so boring and no fun at all
  • The complaints come from folks in the middle of a raid when the update happens and they lose out on rewards after spending the tickets to launch.
  • You didn't have to complete lower tiers of any raid to attempt higher tiers. We started on tier 5 for the rancor, without ever doing the lower tiers. The top guilds at the time had heroic beat so quickly that there's no way they would have earned enough tickets to open a raid of each tier before doing heroic.
  • Parableman wrote: »
    You didn't have to complete lower tiers of any raid to attempt higher tiers. We started on tier 5 for the rancor, without ever doing the lower tiers. The top guilds at the time had heroic beat so quickly that there's no way they would have earned enough tickets to open a raid of each tier before doing heroic.

To do the heroic Rancor you have to beat tier 6 first.
    We had to this when we rebuild our guild.
  • All I know is guild mate's and I are 100% ready to play it. Feel a dark lord A.I. smashing in my not so far distant future . And great part about it is gut feeling I have had is I am going to love it..!!
  • Bucketheadklunk
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Parableman wrote: »
    You didn't have to complete lower tiers of any raid to attempt higher tiers. We started on tier 5 for the rancor, without ever doing the lower tiers. The top guilds at the time had heroic beat so quickly that there's no way they would have earned enough tickets to open a raid of each tier before doing heroic.

To do the heroic Rancor you have to beat tier 6 first.
    We had to this when we rebuild our guild.

Absolutely correct. We had to do this as well when we broke off from our old guild and began a new one. - you can skip L1-L5 though. You just have to beat 6 to open heroic
  • I've got a bad feeling about his raid so far.
    Supposedly it's supposed to drop in 2 days. But we've literally been told nothing. When the AAT dropped, we were given details months in advance. The devs addressed many of our concerns (will guilds have to choose between AAT and Rancor raids?).
    The complete silence is making me uneasy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I've got a bad feeling about his raid so far.
    Supposedly it's supposed to drop in 2 days. But we've literally been told nothing. When the AAT dropped, we were given details months in advance. The devs addressed many of our concerns (will guilds have to choose between AAT and Rancor raids?).
    The complete silence is making me uneasy.

You don’t have to chose now between rancor or aat. Why would you all of a sudden?
  • Why are people assuming it will come on 2/28? I haven't seen anything that says the raid will drop then. The QoL update announcement says nothing about it, nor does the mega thread announcement. What am I missing?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Teebro wrote: »
    Why are people assuming it will come on 2/28? I haven't seen anything that says the raid will drop then. The QoL update announcement says nothing about it, nor does the mega thread announcement. What am I missing?

Direct quote from the road ahead. @Teebro

The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Why are people assuming it will come on 2/28? I haven't seen anything that says the raid will drop then. The QoL update announcement says nothing about it, nor does the mega thread announcement. What am I missing?

The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157822/road-ahead-2-8-18-mega/p1
  • Nevermind...here it is:
    "We are extremely excited to announce that we are working on bringing you a brand-new raid experience. This new raid takes place in Star Wars: The Old Republic timeframe and allows players to take on the Sith Triumvirate of Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, and Darth Traya.
    The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update. Expect to see some more updates on what the content will look like – and please keep an eye on forum announcements for more details!"
    Link
  • I could swear there's another thread where they link to a blurb stating the sith raid is coming with the QoL update. Now that I look for it, can't find it.
  • Teebro wrote: »

Read the "What's Ahead" that Leviathan posted instead of Kozi, it says that the raid will drop with the QoL update. They also have dubbed February as the month of the Sith and strove to top last February so for them not to do much with Sith would be quite disappointing
  • Darthspeedforce
    15 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I get them wanting to keep a lot secret but isn't the QOL update in like 2 days shouldn't we have more information I mean they talked about the hero's journey stuff months before it was released and other stuff was talked about I don't know why this has to be so Secret anyway can't wait for our R2D2 event come back and hero's journey Luke and I hope we get a new character with the sith raid...
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    But again, that same post promised more info upcoming and it hasn't happened yet.

I will be happy to be wrong, but I'll believe the raid is here Wednesday only when I see it happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 2 new sith coming another rework and new raid.
  • No rework, Sith month is over. Now back to Rebels...
  • 2 new sith coming another rework and new raid.
    3 ( Sion, Visas, Traya)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Hiro_Natta
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    2 new sith coming another rework and new raid.
    3 ( Sion, Visas, Traya)

Visas is a light side character

EDIT: At least according to the wiki I read about her
  • Naraic wrote: »

The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157822/road-ahead-2-8-18-mega/p1

This means the raid will be in the client, but that does not mean they will activate it on 2/28. We will probably get information on it and the ticket requirements, etc. before getting a client restart to enable it.

• Hiro_Natta wrote: »
    2 new sith coming another rework and new raid.
    3 ( Sion, Visas, Traya)

Visas is a light side character

EDIT: At least according to the wiki I read about her
    Once a Sith, always a Sith , in my view :)
    She was Nihilus' apprentice before later becoming light-ish. But yeah, devs went light side with her for whatever reason. (Presumably because she eventually helped defeat the Sith triumverate, aka the Sith raid)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner