Sith trooper rework details

Can't see them anywhere.

Am I looking in Alderran places?
| ANZGC | Exile |

Replies

• From what I've gathered, he's getting taunt instead of defense up at the beginning of the encounter.
  • Pre taunt apparently
  • Yeah, he's just getting a pre taunt like Shore does.
  • Is this behind a zeta?
  • Nope just reworking the omega by the sounds of it
  • Omega abilities have never upgraded to Zetas so no definitely not
  • Ok thanks
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • i don't even have enough mk3 carbs to feed shoret, let alone sithtrooper. by the time i'm ready to sith up the ship will have long sailed.

r.i.p. chaze in 7*g8 purgatory, soon to be jtrey
  • i don't even have enough mk3 carbs to feed shoret, let alone sithtrooper. by the time i'm ready to sith up the ship will have long sailed.

r.i.p. chaze in 7*g8 purgatory, soon to be jtrey

Sometimes, you just have to hope they rework the character you wasted all of your carbantis on...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kylekatarn24/collection/223/sith-trooper/

:D
  • So kylo unmasked, a major toon in the recent movie who is squish as heck requires a zeta to get a pre-taunt while buckethead, a durable tank who is already a solid toon gets a rework to get a gift of a ore-taunt?

Meanwhile, the dark side faction of the most current major ethos we have in first order is still complete junk.

Something is wrong here
  • Um, KRU is not "squish as heck" at all.
  • stevebump wrote: »
    So kylo unmasked, a major toon in the recent movie who is squish as heck requires a zeta to get a pre-taunt while buckethead, a durable tank who is already a solid toon gets a rework to get a gift of a ore-taunt?

Meanwhile, the dark side faction of the most current major ethos we have in first order is still complete junk.

Something is wrong here
    lol do you use Kru? He’s not squishy at all.

• DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    stevebump wrote: »
    So kylo unmasked, a major toon in the recent movie who is squish as heck requires a zeta to get a pre-taunt while buckethead, a durable tank who is already a solid toon gets a rework to get a gift of a ore-taunt?

Something is wrong here

Although FO might not shine in arena, they are amazing in TW, DS battles, and GW. And they are so much fun to use. That being said, I do think it’s very odd to have this major Sith overhaul right after TLJ. I think we should’ve gotten more resistance and FO before Sith. And Sith are my favorite faction. Especially since I’ve brought all my FO to G11/12 in preparation lol. A good FO vs Res meta in arena would’ve been cool. Instead we go from Res to Sith. Idk whatever I guess, decisions aren’t up to me.
  • Use Rex :-) Rex forever
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    If he only gains a taunt at the beginning of the match then that’s borderline useless...

He’s going to taunt when Vader moves regardless... which should be first thing ideally

If he gets the low hp taunt also then it might be useful situationally

I hope just taunting at the beginning of the match isn’t his only update...
  • Pretty sure that's his only update and it helps against RJT teams. Prevents Forehead Rey from landing Mind Trick on Vader.
  • It should help a bit against any team... They'll be forced to bring in a dispeller instead of waiting. It's nothing game breaking or even a significant change to the toon.
    Than again, do we really want every toon to be the greatest? If a random trooper, by himself, could win in a 1v1 against someone like Luke or Rey, I'd get angry about that. This seems like a minor change that can help people go for the full Sith squad and maybe, and I know this sounds insane, but maybe leave GK out of one top team?
    Also, he didn't need a rework. He was a fine toon as he was. This is just a minor buff to remind people he's there.
  • Leave GK out of a top team??!!?? Blasphemy!!!!!
  • stevebump wrote: »

Something is wrong here

Having used both extensively I will say this...

SiT is a beast, yes. But KRU is the best utilitarian tank DS has. Even then he is parsecs behind GK. I have no issue with his requiring a zeta to gain taunt. Whereas SiT doesn't bring near as much utility. But with what SiT does there is no one who can take a beating like him.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Smapty wrote: »
    If he only gains a taunt at the beginning of the match then that’s borderline useless...

He’s going to taunt when Vader moves regardless... which should be first thing ideally

If you watched the Videos and pay attention, sith trooper begins the match with ret, def up and taunt. He also gains the buffs in the same manner he does now. Meaning he is a pre-taunt and an auto taunt under a sith dominated squad. That is really good.

If you are only thinking about arena, then your missing what he will excel at and that is arguably the best part of the game.
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »

If you watched the Videos and pay attention, sith trooper begins the match with ret, def up and taunt. He also gains the buffs in the same manner he does now. Meaning he is a pre-taunt and an auto taunt under a sith dominated squad. That is really good.

If you are only thinking about arena, then your missing what he will excel at and that is arguably the best part of the game.

I just watched the video again. He starts with Defense Up and Taunt. Vader Force crushed so fast in the video it makes it look like he started with retribution too. Lol