Galactic War impossible now

Prev1
Wade_Loe
9 posts Member
edited February 2018
Recent updates have made the Galactic War impossible to complete. This always happens within the 3 last battles... Opponent Players are revived by characters who don’t have the ability. Your players have to wait for cool downs on attacks that were available previous battle. Fully Upgraded players don’t even have a chance... total kitten ! Supposed to be hard and challenging, but not impossible...
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• Are you sure your characters are fully upgraded? I have never seen a revive by a hero without that ability.

My advice: keep gearing up your heroes, soon the challenge of GW will be but a distant memory.
  • Watching kernic revive dt threw me for a loop the first time I saw it, gotta read those abilities
  • Wade_Loe
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I’ve completed 36 Wars...but haven’t been able to win anymore in the past 2 months. And it was Biggs who revived boba fett... kitten, right?
  • I ll admit i dont believe you.
  • boba Fett revives himself if his bounty hunters resolve is present (green icon with lock) after his revive this will disappear until he kills someone. Also for GW cooldowns carry over from the previous battle. eg if an ability was on a 2 turn CD at the end of the battle it will start with that 2 turn CD on the next battle for that ability.
  • Wade_Loe
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Fett was already killed off twice, and wasn’t locked with the with lock above his character... Biggs revived him long after he was killed off... like I said total kitten... I contacted EA about it, but no one has contacted me back.
  • I have level 85 elite Phx squadron on a current campaign and I’m only 1/2 way thru...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    non-max lvl GW is still a pain it seems.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Wade_Loe wrote: »
    Fett was already killed off twice, and wasn’t locked with the with lock above his character... Biggs revived him long after he was killed off... like I said total ****... I contacted EA about it, but no one has contacted me back.

I assume, that you gave EA a more thorough description of what happened — probably with a video or screenshot. Would you mind copying this here? Your findings sound interesting.
  • I've been easily completing GW for the last few months, until I ran into a horrid NS team the other day.

Wiped out every one of my best squads with ease :o
  • PunkrockStarlord
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    i wouldnt say its impossible all the time, but on some days now ( since the last update) it becomes totally nuts what teams they put up in last node. I give you the recent example of today.

my Phoenix team :
    Hera (L) G10 17100
    Ezra G9 13629
    Chopper G8 13623
    Kanan G8 13072
    Zeb G8 13027

Total strenght 70451

Node 12 of GW presents me the following as "challenge"

zVader G12 19381
    zKylo G12 18987
    Imp G10 14760
    Maul G10 13968
    TFP G10 13356

Total strenght 81032

if rng is merciful i can get one, maybe 2 attacks out until they destroy me, but thats it. THIS is an impossible setting for me. And the toons i have left arent stronger, so when this team evaporates my strongest teams without even get a scratch , how in the hell am i supposed to beat this team ?
    Before the update they were sometimes string teams that i couodnt beat, but not that often and not THAT much stronger. I do not know why EA is making the GW such an annoyance.

On the one hand they blablabla about quality of life updates but then they screw around with GW again. Its not teh first time ppl are super annoyed by the GW. Dont get me wrong. i´m not talking about hard fights that might need a couple of tries, i´m talking about impossible odds.
    I did manage to get Thrawn with 7* with that team so i´m not a kitten and know how to play... but GW is really getting on my nerves, seriously .
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Oh! Your phoenix ARE your strongest.

One strategy to use is to mix in some other characters in the first easy nodes, just to give them som TM. F.ex. if your Rex, GM Yoda or Chirrut has enough TM to put tenacity up early, when you switch one of them in on the last node you will completely deflate enemy debuffers like Vader, TFP, EP and Maul.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2018

On the one hand they blablabla about quality of life updates but then they screw around with GW again. Its not teh first time ppl are super annoyed by the GW. Dont get me wrong. i´m not talking about hard fights that might need a couple of tries, i´m talking about impossible odds.

I'm sure, the recent update didn't affect GW directly. It included a rework of vader, however. Using your phoenix (5 rebels and 2 jedi) against a team of vader, empire and sith will make him go super fast, slow your whole team down with his aoe — an aoe which can no longer be countered. You SHOULD struggle against a team like that with your Phoenix.

• More GW shenanigans!!! 1/2 way through, and I’ve burned all my characters on these level 83 opponents... characters revived by characters who don’t have that ability...

Don’t care if swgohfan29 doesn’t believe me... still happening... impossible to win given these conditions.

• Wade_Loe wrote: »
    More GW shenanigans!!! 1/2 way through, and I’ve burned all my characters on these level 83 opponents... characters revived by characters who don’t have that ability...

Don’t care if swgohfan29 doesn’t believe me... still happening... impossible to win given these conditions.

Care to post a link to your swgoh.gg so we can see what your working with and maybe give you some advice to help you out
    More GW shenanigans!!! 1/2 way through, and I’ve burned all my characters on these level 83 opponents... characters revived by characters who don’t have that ability...

With the spotty details and poor description of the fights, it is a lot more then just @swgohfan29 that doesn't believe you, Now if you want to layout squad comps and what you have, then it could be figured out. However your ranting is full of zero details and doesn't prove a single thing .
  • Also can we have a full enemy team composition for the ones where toons are being revived to see if you missed something, if you didn't then you should probably submit a bug report
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Wade_Loe wrote: »

If this is true, you really should document it and report it to EA, since you are experiencing something, that 'noone else' experience — which makes it quite unbelievable (hence the requirement for documentation/proof). Until you prove it, I won't believe you either.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @PunkrockStarlord
    Node 12 was used to have 120% power of your strongest squad. You facing that team is WAI. We all went through that.
    GW is ment to strategize by using your full roster, rather than walk through it with one squad.

Edit: It was your decision to provide Vader with additional 56 speed
  • Kalano wrote: »
    @PunkrockStarlord
    Node 12 was used to have 120% power of your strongest squad. You facing that team is WAI. We all went through that.
    GW is ment to strategize by using your full roster, rather than walk through it with one squad.

Edit: It was your decision to provide Vader with additional 56 speed

This is very true throwing Phoenix squad at Darth Vader post rework is not a good idea
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kalano wrote: »
    PunkrockStarlord
    I believe it's fair to say that we didn't all went through that though. I honestly have no clue what sub lvl 85 players are facing nowadays.For example, I've hit a couple lvl caps myself, so it wasn't even possible to face lvl 83 enemies while i was sub lvl 80.
    There have been changes to GW and other variables that influence how "difficult" GW is, so i don't think you can really compare sub lvl 80 now with sub lvl 80 two years ago. For me personally all the changes to GW came at the perfect moment for where i was at ingame at the time. (except the last one obviously, there's no perfect time for ruining GW ;))
  • Yeah GW is an auto event and I can use 3 different teams to do it all
  • Yeah, I don't believe you either.

Boba can revive himself over and over so long as he keeps getting a kill. Without a screenshot, we can't know for sure that he absolutely didn't have his ability up when he died. I've beaten some levels that were almost impossible for me simply because of a highly powerful ally Boba.

And I'm not even level 85 yet (67 currently with no toon higher than 60), and I'm usually able to complete GW even when going up against toons 10+ levels higher in several fights.

Screenshots or it didn't happen, man...

Its not that i dont want to believe you, its that you re being so vauge and youre information is so useless i cant believe you on faith alone. Put some stuff up that can help us realise whats going down and we can figure it out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ubefuct wrote: »

that's not a good strat at all. The trick is to "pre-load" TM on as many teams as possible in order to always have the speed advantage.
  • I beat it pretty much every day with three teams. I do most of it with my IT team then sub Zaul/Sith teams or rebels depending on who the enemy is. I also have a NS, Resistance or a Jedi team if I want.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Tomorrow you can sim it

He probably didn't complete it the required minimum of 150 times, yet.
  • New update made it worse... boba fett can launch rocket pack (level 76 too) each time... no cool down, and with such a high crit hit it takes out level 85 players in one hit.
  • @Wade_Loe

Once again why don't you post a link to your swgoh.gg account so we can maybe give you some advice to help you through it instead of just complaining about it
This discussion has been closed.